BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:20:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ripcurlksm:

@zaitsev44 thanks for the suggestions, Late Hour is also in my top of the heap, Ive added the upmann and oliva 3 to my list. Have you tried a Drew Estate Liga T52?
View Quote

I don’t believe I’ve had any Drew Estate’s, come to think of it. I’ll have to keep that one in mind on my next trip to the cigar shop.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:57:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By SPTiger:

I bought one of those at a local shop a few weeks ago on the suggestion of the college kid that worked there. When he suggested it I was thinking it would be like some of their other suggestions and I would end up not liking it but I was wrong. The Padron 1964 Anniversary series is an excellent cigar. 

My normal go-to has been the Tatuaje Noella for a few years, but the Padron 1964 Anniversary I mentioned may take its place.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SPTiger:
Originally Posted By DoubleDouble33:
My value play is Rocky Patel 1999 or 2003 series, depending on day or night and what I’m doing. 

Padron 1964 Anny is my favorite cigar in the more expensive range.

I bought one of those at a local shop a few weeks ago on the suggestion of the college kid that worked there. When he suggested it I was thinking it would be like some of their other suggestions and I would end up not liking it but I was wrong. The Padron 1964 Anniversary series is an excellent cigar. 

My normal go-to has been the Tatuaje Noella for a few years, but the Padron 1964 Anniversary I mentioned may take its place.

I was introduced to Padron 1964 when I got to my first Army duty station in Killeen, Tx... I was just starting with cigars and found the only cigar shop in town. Asking the owner for advice - “Padron, the only cigar I can smoke to the nub.” Over the years I have tried many others... attended the big smoke in Vegas... had Cubans when they were still hard to get... etc... I keep coming back to Padron! Granted these days I primarily smoke 1926 maduros... but one can’t go wrong with any Padron, even the cheaper ones.

I keep trying to find something else to smoke, but nothing else hits the spot. Unfortunately Padron senior recently passed away, but his sons seem as committed to the brand, so I hope it stays strong :)

Right now I’m enjoying a 1926 series No 35, small enough to enjoy a quick(er) smoke.Attachment Attached File

Sorry about photo, still figuring out the interface
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:04:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By punisher104:

I was introduced to Padron 1964 when I got to my first Army duty station in Killeen, Tx... I was just starting with cigars and found the only cigar shop in town. Asking the owner for advice - “Padron, the only cigar I can smoke to the nub.” Over the years I have tried many others... attended the big smoke in Vegas... had Cubans when they were still hard to get... etc... I keep coming back to Padron! Granted these days I primarily smoke 1926 maduros... but one can’t go wrong with any Padron, even the cheaper ones.

I keep trying to find something else to smoke, but nothing else hits the spot. Unfortunately Padron senior recently passed away, but his sons seem as committed to the brand, so I hope it stays strong :)

Right now I’m enjoying a 1926 series No 35, small enough to enjoy a quick(er) smoke.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/511684/113EE341-95EA-4830-891C-DB9A7E35A7B7_jpe-1424281.JPG

Sorry about photo, still figuring out the interface
View Quote

Guessing you are talking about the cigar box. I miss that place and the owner is great. If I remember his name was David. Its been 7 years since I was there
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:14:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By tarheel7734:

Guessing you are talking about the cigar box. I miss that place and the owner is great. If I remember his name was David. Its been 7 years since I was there
View Quote

It’s been almost 20 years for me... shit, now I feel old... it very well might have been, the owner was a really good guy!
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top