Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2023 6:12:15 PM EDT
As I am rebuilding everything after a hiatus, what is your favorite everyday cigar?

My taste runs to Oliva Serie V and Partagas D4, but neither is an everyday option.

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 6:35:06 PM EDT
[#1]
In the answer and the clone build!
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 7:26:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 7:31:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I really like the Oliva cigars, but I’ll pretty much smoke anything.  Heck, I even have some Factory Smokes that cost about $1.30 each that taste pretty good after resting in my humidor with other stuff for over a year.  I’ll do a lot of buying on cigarbid.com and get some brand names for 60-70% off retail and that’s mostly what I partake in.  Everything from Perlados to Maduros, Cohiba to Macanudo, Montecristo and Nub.  I’ve been smoking Partagas more lately along with Perdomo and find them particularly enjoyable.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Smoked a few Factory Smokes over the weekend and for the price buying in bulk I don't think you can beat them.

Cigar Bid can get you some quality smokes for $3-4 each delivered
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 7:42:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Cigars International Fresh Rolled Cuban Wheels are the best value I’ve ever smoked. Churchill just feels right yet I don’t feel bad if I don’t finish it because it’s cheap.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 7:48:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
As I am rebuilding everything after a hiatus, what is your favorite everyday cigar?

My taste runs to Oliva Serie V and Partagas D4, but neither is an everyday option.

View Quote

Oliva master blend 3, room 101 farce, or many of the Caldwells are under $5 a stick and are great.  Southern draw rose of Sharon or manzanita as well.

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 9:45:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Oliva Serie O, Alex and Bradley Kintsugi, Partagas Legend are my current inexpensive go tos
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 11:05:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Some good suggestions, but we all have apparently different ideas of "inexpensive".
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 11:27:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Sub $5 (when purchased by box online if you wait for deals)...

AJ Fernandez Last Call Maduro

Foundation Charter Oak Maduro

Henry Clay War Hawk

Gran Habano Vintage 2005
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 11:32:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Charter Oak by foundation cigars
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 11:37:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some good suggestions, but we all have apparently different ideas of "inexpensive".
View Quote

What’s your idea of inexpensive?  Mine is $5 or less, and what I smoke if I’m not sure how much time I have or how much I will smoke.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 10:35:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What’s your idea of inexpensive?  Mine is $5 or less, and what I smoke if I’m not sure how much time I have or how much I will smoke.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine too. All of the ones I posted can be had in that price range on cigarbid
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 11:22:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What's your idea of inexpensive?  Mine is $5 or less, and what I smoke if I'm not sure how much time I have or how much I will smoke.
View Quote
Back around 2015 when I first really built up my Pelican case humidor, I was constantly searching for hidden gem $2ish daily smokers.  Then I was working in Costa Rica (a viciously non-smoking country) and got spoiled by the outstanding cigar shop 'limited edition' Costa Rican rolled Nicaraguan puro I could buy by the bundle in San Jose, CR.  $2.50 (ish) a stick and quality that was up there with the then $20 a stick US cigars (plus easy access to legitimate Cubans).  I never felt bad tossing a TdN when I had a tarpon on.  Partagas D4?  I let my buddy land the fish.

So now I realize that inflation and the bureaucratic attacks on the industry have really driven up prices (as far as I can tell).  So $5 or less a stick in boxes of bundles is a good "inexpensive" range for me.  I've been buying Olivia Series V box press 5 packs on sale at JRs - with sales, discounts, free shipping, etc. $5 each.  Which is half price (other places shipping takes them up to $10 a stick).

The biggest issue (to me) is that a number of the sticks in that range are sold in bundles or boxes.  And then you might get stuck with 19 sticks you hate.  That happened to me with a bundle of VegaFincas - like smoking dried grass.

Holt's claims the original line Padron 2000 is a good equivalent to the (real) Partagas D4.  I found a deal.  We'll  see.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 1:25:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Buffalo Ten, Montosa, Perdomo Fresco, Dos Hombres, Jose Dominguez

tons of different sizes and a few different wrappers across those lines, all pretty solid smokes

of those, the Montosa maduro is my favorite
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 2:10:18 AM EDT
[#15]
These guys.....
Attachment Attached File

Camach corojo.
C-Bid usually has deals on them where you can get them for around $3 apiece in the robusto size. It's a great daily driver.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 10:11:43 AM EDT
[#16]
https://www.cigarpage.com/time-to-rock-lads.html

These RPs are a really good deal and are great for the price.

Link Posted: 5/19/2023 10:24:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Something I've tried recently that is an out of the box, yet easy solution, when you are a busy man and don't mind saving a couple $:

Find a lancero or lonsdale format that you enjoy and use the "Edward Sahakian" cut.  You just saved 50% and now have 2 sticks that each last a half-hour or longer.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 11:39:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Something I've tried recently that is an out of the box, yet easy solution, when you are a busy man and don't mind saving a couple $:

Find a lancero or lonsdale format that you enjoy and use the "Edward Sahakian" cut.  You just saved 50% and now have 2 sticks that each last a half-hour or longer.
View Quote

Toscano cigars are actually meant to be able to handle being cut in half and they don’t require humidification. Also, Eastwood smoked em in all his Westerns. Pretty cheap too
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 12:08:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Charter Oak by foundation cigars
View Quote
This is a good suggestion.  I'll add Illusione Rothschild's.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 1:33:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Bandidos

Rarely have the time just sit and enjoy a cigar.
Mostly use them to keep the skeeters and no-see-ums away.
Plus trying to smoke in a open boat while moving is tough.

I have caught brick house fumas on sale and they are not bad.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 12:58:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Digging deep into my old Pelican case humidor I found some pre 2018 "inexpensive" sticks.

One was the Omar Ortez Maduros left from a 60 stick bundle.  These clock in at about $3.50 a stick from JR (I get a responders discount & free shipping).  They've been aging over three years.  I smoked one today.  First third is leather, oak and pepper.  Second third is very smooth and mellow.  Its a 90 point cigar.

Second is a Casa de Garcia Connecticut toro (5.5 x 50).  Its an mellow short smoke.  Literally a $2 smoke (with discount, etc.).  Had one yesterday.  Here's a review .

The third is what I thought was a sleeper back in the day, Royal Gold Cigar's attempt at a hand rolled premium cigar, the Kismet Royal.  Yup, the Swisher Sweets people.  They said (back in the day) "Produced by the Augusto Reyes Family at Corporacion Cigar Export in Santiago, DR   Kismet is a true labor of love. It is a Dominican Puro using six different tobaccos grown by the Reyes family at various locations in the Dominican Republic. The blend takes full advantage of the varied climates and rich soils of this beautiful country."  Here's a review .  Mine are the 6 x 50s and I've had them since 2014?  I'll smoke one later.

Link Posted: 5/24/2023 3:23:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Sub $5 - purchasing on-line from a place such as Cigar Page

Room 101 Farce

Penn Standard - made from 8 year aged tobacco

Bellas Artes Maduro

AJ New World

Nat Chico - poor man's Padron

Oliva Seconds  - I like the MELM

Class 34 Fugazi on Cigar Page - the sampler is an excellent value and I like the knock-offs of the Liga 9

You have to shop around, but the deals are there.

Life is too short to smoke shitty cheap cigars when there are some very good cheap cigars available.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 3:40:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Macanudo green label
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 4:00:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
There are expensive Padr ns and inexpensive Padr ns they are all good.

Eva Maria is another.
View Quote

Quoted:
I really like the Oliva cigars, but I'll pretty much smoke anything.  Heck, I even have some Factory Smokes that cost about $1.30 each that taste pretty good after resting in my humidor with other stuff for over a year.  I'll do a lot of buying on cigarbid.com and get some brand names for 60-70% off retail and that's mostly what I partake in.  Everything from Perlados to Maduros, Cohiba to Macanudo, Montecristo and Nub.  I've been smoking Partagas more lately along with Perdomo and find them particularly enjoyable.
View Quote
The Padron 2000s Maduro robustos are awesome (got a box) as are the Factory Smoke Maduro robustos (got a bundle)

Just ordered a bundle of Flor de Olivia Maduro robustos too.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 4:13:12 PM EDT
[#25]
poor man's padron is nica libre
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:29:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Digging deep into my old Pelican case humidor I found some pre 2018 "inexpensive" sticks.
View Quote

Sweet!

I picked up a Herfdor.com pelican on a deployment back around 2004. Sadly, it doesn't seem to keep humidity. I wonder if it's the pressure valve stuck open or something. It also came with foam cigar trays (it was meant for shipping). I might have to try replacing them with cedar of some sort.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:19:39 PM EDT
[#27]
I like the Dumpster fire from Warfighter Tobacco.  Not quite the cheapest, but good overall.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 5:02:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Box of 20 for around $60 shipped Don Rafael Connecticut.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 5:14:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Lucky strikes
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 9:08:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quorum made my list for El cheapos.

Good flavor, they smoke really nicely, good full body of smoke, and they burn great.

I think they can be had for $2 or so dollars a stick.

At the rate I smoke cigars, a bundle of 20 will last me two years
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 9:20:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#32]
I love a good Acid or Tatiana.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 10:15:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I love a good Acid or Tatiana.
View Quote

So you like unicorns?
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 3:09:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Nica Rustica Adobe
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 3:12:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Parodi, $1 a pop, full of vitamin N and as American as apple pie
/thread
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 8:14:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Nica Libre from cigar bid you can get for around $2 to $2.50 each from Cigar Bid. Not bad for a cheap smoke and they generally smoke well.
El Rey del Mundo are not bad for $3 to $4 each from Cigar Bid. Nice slow smoke and seem to be constructed well.

Link Posted: 9/14/2023 9:09:32 AM EDT
[#37]
The Graycliff Ivory Toros were $2.40 a stick the other week… quite decent.
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 1:18:22 PM EDT
[#38]
I buy Nubs when they're on sale for $2.50/ea. Not a huge fan of the Connecticut's, but all the others I could smoke daily. My boss likes the CT's so I usually give him 10 or so at a time. I guess those are his cheap smokes

Quoted:Quorum made my list for El cheapos.
View Quote

My father smokes 2 or 3 of the Classic Double Gordos a day.
He even calls them "the cheap cigars".
Every couple months, and for his birthday and christmas, I make sure to send him some different samplers.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 11:06:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I buy Nubs when they're on sale for $2.50/ea. Not a huge fan of the Connecticut's, but all the others I could smoke daily. My boss likes the CT's so I usually give him 10 or so at a time. I guess those are his cheap smokes

My father smokes 2 or 3 of the Classic Double Gordos a day.
He even calls them "the cheap cigars".
Every couple months, and for his birthday and christmas, I make sure to send him some different samplers.
View Quote

I still like the Quorums, but I've bumped them to "fishing stick" status (lower than cheap, aka disposable )

They were bumped by La gloria Cubana, which I can get for about 1 to 2 bucks per on CB.com. They're fantastic.

Man o war is right above that, again, 2 bucks or so per stick on cb.com. I can also get ave Maria's for 2 or so per stick on cb if I'm patient. I'm trying the argentums this afternoon after dinner.

I also like the 5 Vegas series A, which I got for 1 buck a stick. Not bad not great.

The Macanudo Cafe Thames Court was god-aweful. It had some kind of aftertaste that was bitter and nasty. 0/10
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 3:17:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Attachment Attached File

Like the nub for a <$5 quick smoke.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 1:09:57 AM EDT
[#41]
I could probably smoke a CAO Flathead or Cohiba Nicaragua every day and be happy with it. Getting them for $3-4 shipped per stick on CBid, not sure why I’d smoke any lesser quality of cigars. That goes for a bunch more stuff on CBid too, they have so many good sticks for $3-5 shipped.

Gotta research a bit before you buy though, sometimes you’ll see stuff like Factory Smokes going for basically MSRP and it would be more expensive than other sites with coupon codes. Every once in a while I’ll see some head scratchers like that while scrolling through the auctions, but overall there are great deals to be had.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 9:56:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Really cheap, gran habano vintage 2002.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 11:43:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I could probably smoke a CAO Flathead or Cohiba Nicaragua every day and be happy with it. Getting them for $3-4 shipped per stick on CBid, not sure why I’d smoke any lesser quality of cigars. That goes for a bunch more stuff on CBid too, they have so many good sticks for $3-5 shipped.

Gotta research a bit before you buy though, sometimes you’ll see stuff like Factory Smokes going for basically MSRP and it would be more expensive than other sites with coupon codes. Every once in a while I’ll see some head scratchers like that while scrolling through the auctions, but overall there are great deals to be had.
View Quote

I've seen the same. I can get la gloria cubanas for about 2 bucks a stick, but I'll see auctions got for way, way more.

Man o war is worse. I'll see some of those go for over retail just gotta wonder who's paying that
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 7:55:49 PM EDT
[#44]
For a $2 stick I like Rosa Cubas pretty well.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 4:11:39 PM EDT
[#45]
I like the Boneshaker full body cast.

A very flavorful cigar, but they are pretty strong.

Link Posted: 10/3/2023 7:50:04 PM EDT
[#46]
New one I like a lot is the Baccarat Barber Pole
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 9:46:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Tatascan cigars are less than 5, and I actually like the Factory Smokes for my weekend stogie. My faves are affordable too, I’m a big fan of the Fuente Hemingway.

I don’t do online purchases except for the time I had some shipped from Switzerland. I have a shop so close to me I want to support.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:21:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Smoked a few Factory Smokes over the weekend and for the price buying in bulk I don't think you can beat them.

Cigar Bid can get you some quality smokes for $3-4 each delivered
View Quote

Factory Smokes are my favorite bundle cigar by miles.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:23:57 PM EDT
[#49]
MF Le Bijou Petite Robusto
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:27:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top