BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:30:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tried to take a break from ARFcom, lasted only a few days.

Extremists are the problem... extremists on both sides.

Now we get an extreme Left Federal government that will lead to even more extreme Right people...

They are gonna burn this whole place down and take the majority middle out with them.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:30:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
There were several people who responded with "But there was an Antifa guy that started it!!!"

Even IF that was the case, little kids know that "If your buddy jumped off the bridge, would you follow him?" isn't a valid excuse. I can't even wrap may head around that grown adults are using that excuse. "Hey bro, let's storm the Capitol and burn it down". WOULD YOU? Does that sounds reasonable? That's not even taking into consideration that all the other people who have been arrested all have MAGA/QAnon background.
View Quote
You're time of my taking you seriously has passed the middle.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:46:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I posted an example of extremist rhetoric, symbols that often converge on the fringe but which each represent different ideologies.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We were already all labeled  Nazis before 1/6/21

They wouldn't keep banging that drum if it wasn't so important to them that more and more people believe it.

What you have to ask yourself is, why are so many allegedly on "our" side so eager to bang that same drum and not reject the extremist rhetoric when it surfaces?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/213438/17C947C9-5ABA-4DB5-AE88-7FCEC47D6FC9_jpe-1768507.JPG

Less than a year ago, we were all rightly patting ourselves in our collective back after a very successful lobby day demonstration in Richmond. Post after post, we pointed out how our enemies wanted us to be violent, wanted to have an excuse to demonize us.

Well, I don't see that crowd as anything like the crowd that stormed the Capitol. Sure, there is some overlap, as there is an any movement. But, there are obvious differences.

Not sure why so many here seem to see that storm the Capitol crowd as an "us."

It was most definitely a "them."

You post a picture from Ukraine, to further your drivel, and expect people to listen to you.

The fuck?

I posted an example of extremist rhetoric, symbols that often converge on the fringe but which each represent different ideologies.

You’re such a liar.  You were intentionally vague so people would presume the picture was from 1/6.  You should work for the Southern Poverty Law Center.  

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:48:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Weasel out of what? It was a picture someone had posted in here last week. It fits the theme of this discussion.

No clue where it took place, but if Ukraine (which makes the most sense), it serves as a perfect example. I wonder if that guy posting that flag considers anyone else a "quisling" for not rallying behind him., even as the Russians play that shit up on their propaganda.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They wouldn't keep banging that drum if it wasn't so important to them that more and more people believe it.

What you have to ask yourself is, why are so many allegedly on "our" side so eager to bang that same drum and not reject the extremist rhetoric when it surfaces?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/213438/17C947C9-5ABA-4DB5-AE88-7FCEC47D6FC9_jpe-1768507.JPG

Less than a year ago, we were all rightly patting ourselves in our collective back after a very successful lobby day demonstration in Richmond. Post after post, we pointed out how our enemies wanted us to be violent, wanted to have an excuse to demonize us.

Well, I don't see that crowd as anything like the crowd that stormed the Capitol. Sure, there is some overlap, as there is an any movement. But, there are obvious differences.

You post a picture from Ukraine, to further your drivel, and expect people to listen to you.

The fuck?

Nice try to weasel out of that one. Not going to work.

Weasel out of what? It was a picture someone had posted in here last week. It fits the theme of this discussion.

No clue where it took place, but if Ukraine (which makes the most sense), it serves as a perfect example. I wonder if that guy posting that flag considers anyone else a "quisling" for not rallying behind him., even as the Russians play that shit up on their propaganda.

Wow, you tried to smear all Trump supporters with that picture and you know it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:59:02 PM EDT
[#5]
BLM mission statement was that they were trained Marxists. But you can argue for their virtue if you’d like.

This entire thread is an epic tribute to Stupidity and Virtue Signalling.

OP you are now in the running as being the biggest ignoramous to post on ARFCOM in 2021, but there is a lot of time left.

Again, Antifa is a terrorist org. The only good Antifa and BLM are those with their brains painting the sidewalk.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:00:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The worst kind of Smartest Guy In The Room™

It's obvious you tried to pull a fast one and got caught.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fuck?

Here's another "fast one."

Am I supposed to support these guys? I doubt they love Biden.

How about these guys?

Do I become a milquetoast quisling if I say they cross a line in their "resistance to Leftism" that I don't accept?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:01:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fuck?

"All Trump Supporters?"

That says way more about you than anything,

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:06:23 PM EDT
[#8]
We're calling the protest of hundreds of thousands a riot because a few hundred broke some windows and some asshole allegedly clocked an officer with a fire extinguisher?

Sorry, I still haven't given in to their narrative.
Zhukov probably wanted to call it a violent, armed insurrection, but knew he'd get shit on immediately.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:07:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

https://www.alainet.org/sites/default/files/styles/imagen-principal-articulo/public/neonazis.jpg?itok=7Rs1jXZZ

How about these guys?

https://www.chicagotribune.com/resizer/K1wnK5q8abZcBa34WnAHcMqosQk=/1200x0/top/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-tronc.s3.amazonaws.com/public/2SRLKSHEQVGX3KVC72PPS6NKRQ.jpg

Do I become a milquetoast quisling if I say they cross a line in their "resistance to Leftism" that I don't accept?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fuck?

https://www.alainet.org/sites/default/files/styles/imagen-principal-articulo/public/neonazis.jpg?itok=7Rs1jXZZ

How about these guys?

https://www.chicagotribune.com/resizer/K1wnK5q8abZcBa34WnAHcMqosQk=/1200x0/top/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-tronc.s3.amazonaws.com/public/2SRLKSHEQVGX3KVC72PPS6NKRQ.jpg

Is that from the 6th?

ETA: after posting I see the links. It's ironic that this type of thing is the paradigm of what the op was trying to say.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:08:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Also: using the left's tactics and expecting them to work is idiotic at best.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:40:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The "vast majority" of Republicans are not QAnon acolytes and were not part of that "event."

The rabid supporters of the rhetoric that led to it frequently ridicule and bash the "vast majority" of Republicans.

This is a movement that is literally attempting to undermine the Republican party and replace it with leadership with a wholly different ideology, one rooted in a marxist understanding of class conflict the corporate, political, and media works as a bourgeoisie class acting in its own interests against the interests of the workers.

That was not the ideology behind the American revolution. It is the ideology spewed in this very thread. All that's missing is recognizing that elites" equals "bourgeoise" and "real Americans" equals "proletariat." So, semantics.

The rejection of democratic processes for a preferred dictatorship of said proletariat is clear. What's less clear is why they plan to do with counter-revolutionaries if they had are successful in their revolution. What's less clear is what, if any, moral line exists in people whose rhetoric is that any attempt to hold a moral line makes one a quisling.
View Quote

What “Revolution?”  One one side we see a systemic movement—supported by politicians—organized to overthrow a capitalist republic and the other side a single event that is demonstratively an anomaly. Not comparable
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:40:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The "vast majority" of Republicans are not QAnon acolytes and were not part of that "event."

The rabid supporters of the rhetoric that led to it frequently ridicule and bash the "vast majority" of Republicans.

This is a movement that is literally attempting to undermine the Republican party and replace it with leadership with a wholly different ideology, one rooted in a marxist understanding of class conflict the corporate, political, and media works as a bourgeoisie class acting in its own interests against the interests of the workers.

That was not the ideology behind the American revolution. It is the ideology spewed in this very thread. All that's missing is recognizing that elites" equals "bourgeoise" and "real Americans" equals "proletariat." So, semantics.

The rejection of democratic processes for a preferred dictatorship of said proletariat is clear. What's less clear is why they plan to do with counter-revolutionaries if they had are successful in their revolution. What's less clear is what, if any, moral line exists in people whose rhetoric is that any attempt to hold a moral line makes one a quisling.
View Quote

What “Revolution?”  One one side we see a systemic movement—supported by politicians—organized to overthrow a capitalist republic and the other side a single event that is demonstratively an anomaly. Not comparable
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
We're calling the protest of hundreds of thousands a riot because a few hundred broke some windows and some asshole allegedly clocked an officer with a fire extinguisher?

Zhukov probably wanted to call it a violent, armed insurrection, but knew he'd get shit on immediately.
View Quote

He clearly stated "by the actions of a few misguided QAnons and MAGA types."

That many choose to interpret that as "everyone at the protest" or even "all Trump supporters" is, again, more indicative of the than the OP. The "all Trump supporters" bit is especially rich in light of how Trump himself has spoken out against the very activity many here defend in his name.

Yes, it's clear that many defend those "actions of a few misguided QAnons and MAGA types."

It's not clear by their logic where they would draw the line in terms of acceptable activity.

It's not clear by my attempts at finding examples, just what kind of attitudes and expressions wouldn't be acceptable as long as they were against a "them."

When Charlottesville happened, it seems most here clearly saw most of those protesters as a "them," not a "we." Has this changed now? I don't know. Is anything Nancy Pelosi doesn't like automatically something we're supposed to embrace?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:45:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fuck?

He got thoroughly busted posting Ukrainian riot pics to imply it was Republicans rioting.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:45:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In this very thread, fettesbrodte quoted the Declaration of independence, "that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government" as justification for what happened at the Capitol.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:45:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Zukhov. You are wrong because you believe that you can win following the rules. The bad side doesn’t
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:46:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

How about these guys?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fuck?

How about these guys?

Not photos from DC but some assholes from a different time and place. That you try to shoehorn them into the narrative is very telling.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:47:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

How about these guys?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fuck?

How about these guys?

Keep building up your steelman nobody cares for your point

It's wrong and it's stupid
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:48:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Not photos from DC but some assholes from a different time and place. That you try to shoehorn them into the narrative is very telling.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fuck?

How about these guys?

All of them fit into the narrative.

That you pretend not to understand what Zhukov posted, is very telling.

You pretend not to even read what is in this very thread.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:49:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

In this very thread, fettesbrodte quoted the Declaration of independence, "that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government" as justification for what happened at the Capitol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What "Revolution?"  One one side we see a systemic movementsupported by politiciansorganized to overthrow a capitalist republic and the other side a single event that is demonstratively an anomaly. Not comparable

Youre using that as a comparison?? Our actual declaration of independence?

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:49:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

And?  Some dude on the internet quotes the FF and that covers the whole conservative movement how? Are you saying that Jefferson et al were evil men?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:50:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What "Revolution?"  One one side we see a systemic movementsupported by politiciansorganized to overthrow a capitalist republic and the other side a single event that is demonstratively an anomaly. Not comparable

You cited it. You.

It's a legal argument for a revolution, for an insurrection.

So, it is or it isn't.

So tired of the bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:52:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Does this look like a modern version of the Founding Fathers to you?

https://s3.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/7/1/0/763710.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shhhh. Some folks here don't like it when point out that their position would condemn the people that founded this country.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/371244/thatwasdifferent-1574084.gif

But it's not.

Does this look like a modern version of the Founding Fathers to you?

https://s3.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/7/1/0/763710.jpg

No. He's not masquerading as an Indian. Nor is burning down government officials homes. Hasn't set up an illegal shadow government either.

But he had thousands watching and cheering him, and his actions are going to result in a government crackdown.

Which has happened as the military moves thousands of troops into DC.

It ok to admit would have been a Tory and supported the Crown, Zhukoz. This is the USA after all, you're free to hold whatever political beliefs you want.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:52:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I understand what he said and, as I clearly explained, I thought it a false equivalence—unless you think the American revolutionaries against king Geordie were the same as the Marxist revolutionaries again the Tsar—in which case you are a lost cause.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:56:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That many choose to interpret that as "everyone at the protest" or even "all Trump supporters" is, again, more indicative of the than the OP. The "all Trump supporters" bit is especially rich in light of how Trump himself has spoken out against the very activity many here defend in his name.

Yes, it's clear that many defend those "actions of a few misguided QAnons and MAGA types."

It's not clear by their logic where they would draw the line in terms of acceptable activity.

It's not clear by my attempts at finding examples, just what kind of attitudes and expressions wouldn't be acceptable as long as they were against a "them."

When Charlottesville happened, it seems most here clearly saw most of those protesters as a "them," not a "we." Has this changed now? I don't know. Is anything Nancy Pelosi doesn't like automatically something we're supposed to embrace?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"We" did attempt to defend those protesters in Charlottesville that were against tearing down statues.

The left characterized us as racist nazis remember?

Remember Trump said there were good people on both sides protesting peacefully?

Same dynamic here...Trump supporters protesting election fraud with some infiltrators and bad actors mixed in.

"We" should defend the patriots protesting election fraud to the fullest, no exception. Because it is of utmost importance.

The media will attempt to sanitize the protest by focusing on the violence. "We" shouldn't let them do it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:58:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

And?  Some dude on the internet quotes the FF and that covers the whole conservative movement how? Are you saying that Jefferson et al were evil men?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, all conservatives are Nazis and all Conservatives are represented by the raid in the Capitol. That's my argument.

Wait. No. Actually, Zhukov specifically covered this in the OP. It's the people in this thread he upset, and that you are backing, who are suggesting that not supporting that activity makes someone somehow not a conservative. I'm not the one arguing that as long as the Left is going to call us Nazis, there's no point in having any moral restrictions against what behavior we tolerate or with whom we associate.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:59:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fuck?

How about these guys?

This shit is hard to keep up with. I get your point now.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:59:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I understand what he said and, as I clearly explained, I thought it a false equivalence—unless you think the American revolutionaries against king Geordie were the same as the Marxist revolutionaries again the Tsar—in which case you are a lost cause.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know a lost cause when see one. It's trying to have a grown up conversation with you.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:00:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Zhukov doesn't really understand what is happening.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:02:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Zhukov is "reaping" what he "sowed" in this thread.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:02:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yes, all conservatives are Nazis and all Conservatives are represented by the raid in the Capitol. That's my argument.

Wait. No. Actually, Zhukov specifically covered this in the OP. It's the people in this thread he upset, and that you are backing, who are suggesting that not supporting that activity makes someone somehow not a conservative. I'm not the one arguing that as long as the Left is going to call us Nazis, there's no point in having any moral restrictions against what behavior we tolerate or with whom we associate.

View Quote

None of which I said. What I did say was that the argument of moral equivalence was a flawed one.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:04:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I think you're generally right but I find who people associate with is a clue about their merit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Judge each person according to their merit, not necessarily by their association.

I think you're generally right but I find who people associate with is a clue about their merit.

I agree with him in general as well. He is correct but as you say in so many words....Birds of feather flock together.....
If you don't want to identify with a certain element then don't hang with them.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:04:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I know a lost cause when see one. It's trying to have a grown up conversation with you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually my argument was the “adult one.” You revert to your typical “all ARFCOM is beneath me” schtick
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:08:41 PM EDT
[#34]
I was expecting a lot more "I told you so! Neener neener neener, See? I was right all along" threads before this.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:09:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
@Zhukov is wrong.

While I can wholely say that violence is not my preferred method of political discourse, Zhukov takes a position founded in idealism and skipping an entire year of the Overton Window being opened up, never mind the last decade.

Bush was in office, everyone was retarded warmongers following the monkey-Bush president. Burning the flag was acceptable, but protesting was to remain mostly peaceful. Coverage strictly one sided, few arrested.

Obama was in office, everyone who disagreed was racists. Those on the left were standing up for justice, and the "few trouble makers" were quietly dealt with, though mainly with kids gloves. Those on the right were racist trouble makers. Gun owners were racist while filming a black man carrying a rifle, with the zoom fully on the rifle so as not to see the black man carrying it.

Trump gets in office, protesting becomes a , "duty and obligation". The coverage of protests are overwhelmingly positive. Media carried hateful messaging to the people in a decidedly one directional matter. A baseball game was shot up by a deranged leftist and that single person,once linked, became 'not what we stand for, SEE LOOK WE SAID WE DON'T CONDOM IT' only to go right back into the political rhetoric. A Supreme Court Justice had a kangaroo court, complete with false accusations getting full prime time coverage without an iota of evidence. But don't worry, the media did their job to insulate the Democrat party members and ensure positive coverage to the left.

Fires erupted behind news reporters and Governors surveying damage were forced to flee. Attacks on Trump supporters were normalized. Kidnapping kids was treated like Jaywalking. State AGs ensured that rioters were let out of jail, uncharged. An organized resistance to law and order was formed, complete with phone numbers to lawyers funded by the Vice President and her staff. Hell, we weren't even allowed to ask about protesting for the purpose of COVID tracking.

That "normal and acceptable" form of protest was now violence. Violence against the community, the police, and the opposite political side. Murder in the street due to political leaning did not start with the right.

On 1/6 the Right walked through the window the Left opened and they were shocked. Only this time it wasn't the local Stop and Rob convenience store being burned. It wasn't the local hair salon being robbed, or the show store, or Best Buy and Walmart. It wasn't the police, white people, or the statues of long dead Americans being hit. The anger, through the window, was directed at  a legislature that had investigated ever nose hair on Trump but refused to look at massive voting irregularity. A judicial branch that has seen every "voter suppression" case they could find, but refused to hear last minute changes to State constitutions without the consent of the people.

With the anger being directed at them, the minions of Congress got scared and now we see the result. A combined effort to get the serfs in line.
View Quote
KO. Flawless victory.

But muh "tHey'Re bOtH bAd" self-styled intellectual superiority.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:13:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Actually my argument was the “adult one.” You revert to your typical “all ARFCOM is beneath me” schtick
View Quote

And that schtick might have been ok, 10 years ago.

Not so much now.  

In war, opposing sides always paint in broad strokes.

This is not a war like the past, the battlefield is different (for now). Media, bank accounts, jobs, etc.  Harvard students demanding people with degrees from Harvard have them stripped because they support Trump (and it will probably happen, given time.).

Arguing and being pedantic about mintuae and "optics" is the past.  Some people have very strong normalcy bias, even when the world around them is changing at lightspeed.  I believe it is a natural protective coping mechanism to deal with the "new".
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:16:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Zhukov doesn't really understand what is happening.
View Quote

ARFCOM 25th amendment coming for him soon
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:22:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

"All Trump Supporters?"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fuck?

"All Trump Supporters?"

Lol, now you’re just babbling.  You’re like a pedophile that just got caught with their pants down alone with a child.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:26:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:28:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:30:35 PM EDT
[#41]
LOL at Bohr adams is the same guy that supported tearing down statutes and then acted upset when they started going to after non confederate statues.  Now he's pretending like Q anaon is trying to take down the fucking clown shoes GOP.

Did Q vote against Obama care, or was that the GOP
Did Q kill the Tea Party, or was that the GOP
Did Q support the democrats in smearing a republican president, or was that the GOP
Did Q throw the 2018 midterms, or was that the GOP
Did Q get a record number of republicans to sit out the 2018 midterms or was that the GOP
Did Q throw out your 2020 vote, or was that the GOP
Does Q work for the BOD of Fox news, or is that Paul Ryan a GOP idiot
Did Q pretend to prosecute the Russians only to silently later drop all charges, or was that the GOP
Did Q pretend to be upset at the FBI for muh Russia, or was that the GOP
Did Q remain silent when Trump tried to make the pharmaceutical companies advertise their prices, or was that the GOP

You know you're in trouble as a political party when you're trying to pin all your problems on some stupid made up shit after repeatedly abandoning your voters, and now they're extremists, lol.  

74 million votes and the best the GOP can do is have some lame ass "intellectual" come online and pin his problems on Q ,lmao.
This is the same guy who said China was going to become the republican's Russia, so the next thing coming for us is to tell us we're acting like democrats for blaming anything on China.
https://bushchinafoundation.org/
On message, lol

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:31:09 PM EDT
[#42]
You guys can keep society. I'm done with it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:34:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The mistake a lot of you are making is trying to draw some kind of equivalence between the actual acts of violence. I know that a whole summer of rioting doesn't equate to one day of idiocy - that's not the point.

What I was specifically addressing is that SOME people here used violence by the left as an excuse to condemn ALL people on the left and proscribed any and all measures against them (which included putting them in ovens). I warned that using that measuring stick is a problem as it could be used just as easily against our side. Notice I used the qualified "some" because there weren't a bunch of people following that logic.
View Quote

I agree with you on about 80% of what you’re saying, but we’re playing on a highly asymmetrical battlefield here. Literally anything the right does will be magnified beyond belief while anything the left does will be justified and extensively backed by politicians and the media.

If you try to take the high road, it just won’t work.

It’s either do nothing or be a bad guy. Those are the choices. When one side has 100% of the media, that’s all there is. The Right lost this war before it even started. In one sense, the communists were right. We sold them the rope with which they’ll hang us.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:34:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
@Zhukov is wrong.

While I can wholely say that violence is not my preferred method of political discourse, Zhukov takes a position founded in idealism and skipping an entire year of the Overton Window being opened up, never mind the last decade.

Bush was in office, everyone was retarded warmongers following the monkey-Bush president. Burning the flag was acceptable, but protesting was to remain mostly peaceful. Coverage strictly one sided, few arrested.

Obama was in office, everyone who disagreed was racists. Those on the left were standing up for justice, and the "few trouble makers" were quietly dealt with, though mainly with kids gloves. Those on the right were racist trouble makers. Gun owners were racist while filming a black man carrying a rifle, with the zoom fully on the rifle so as not to see the black man carrying it.

Trump gets in office, protesting becomes a , "duty and obligation". The coverage of protests are overwhelmingly positive. Media carried hateful messaging to the people in a decidedly one directional matter. A baseball game was shot up by a deranged leftist and that single person,once linked, became 'not what we stand for, SEE LOOK WE SAID WE DON'T CONDOM IT' only to go right back into the political rhetoric. A Supreme Court Justice had a kangaroo court, complete with false accusations getting full prime time coverage without an iota of evidence. But don't worry, the media did their job to insulate the Democrat party members and ensure positive coverage to the left.

Fires erupted behind news reporters and Governors surveying damage were forced to flee. Attacks on Trump supporters were normalized. Kidnapping kids was treated like Jaywalking. State AGs ensured that rioters were let out of jail, uncharged. An organized resistance to law and order was formed, complete with phone numbers to lawyers funded by the Vice President and her staff. Hell, we weren't even allowed to ask about protesting for the purpose of COVID tracking.

That "normal and acceptable" form of protest was now violence. Violence against the community, the police, and the opposite political side. Murder in the street due to political leaning did not start with the right.

On 1/6 the Right walked through the window the Left opened and they were shocked. Only this time it wasn't the local Stop and Rob convenience store being burned. It wasn't the local hair salon being robbed, or the show store, or Best Buy and Walmart. It wasn't the police, white people, or the statues of long dead Americans being hit. The anger, through the window, was directed at  a legislature that had investigated ever nose hair on Trump but refused to look at massive voting irregularity. A judicial branch that has seen every "voter suppression" case they could find, but refused to hear last minute changes to State constitutions without the consent of the people.

With the anger being directed at them, the minions of Congress got scared and now we see the result. A combined effort to get the serfs in line.
View Quote

Boom head shot!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:38:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:41:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, you speak for all of arfcom. And the OP, who is actually arfcom staff? He doesn't speak for anyone. And because I agree with him, and disagree with you, I am attacking all of arfcom.

This logic exists in your world, that same world where apparently it's anti-Republican lies to suggest what happened at the Capitol was anything close to insurrection (even though Republican congressman and Senators have called it as much), while defending those who cite the Declaration of Independence (an argument for insurrection to justify it taking place. But then you suggest that was not what you were defending, even while, in seemingly your next breath, you suggest that those who support what just happened in the Capitol somehow represent all Republicans. Thus when I suggested their motivations hinged on a marxist world view, it was an attack on all Republicans. Honestly, my head spins trying to keep up.

My only questions are this stage is: Is there any behavior, by anyone resisting various Left wing agendas, that you are willing to say crosses a moral line for you, and not "might as well do it, they'll accuse us of it anyway?"  Is there any criticism of any activity done in the name of resisting Left wing ideology, that you will not interpret as an attack on all Conservatives?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:47:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Zukhov. You are wrong because you believe that you can win following the rules. The bad side doesn’t
View Quote

His side is winning.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:52:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yes, you speak for all of arfcom. And the OP, who is actually arfcom staff? He doesn't speak for anyone. And because I agree with him, and disagree with you, I am attacking all of arfcom.

This logic exists in your world, that same world where apparently it's anti-Republican lies to suggest what happened at the Capitol was anything close to insurrection (even though Republican congressman and Senators have called it as much), while defending those who cite the Declaration of Independence (an argument for insurrection to justify it taking place. But then you suggest that was not what you were defending, even while, in seemingly your next breath, you suggest that those who support what just happened in the Capitol somehow represent all Republicans. Thus when I suggested their motivations hinged on a marxist world view, it was an attack on all Republicans. Honestly, my head spins trying to keep up.

My only questions are this stage is: Is there any behavior, by anyone resisting various Left wing agendas, that you are willing to say crosses a moral line for you, and not "might as well do it, they'll accuse us of it anyway?"  Is there any criticism of any activity done in the name of resisting Left wing ideology, that you will not interpret as an attack on all Conservatives?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This fucking guy..

I wouldn't be surprised this fella isn't some antifa clown working for the fbi.

"What crosses the moral line for you?"

Obvious provocateur line of questioning.

Were you at the capitol? I got to ask.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:53:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:55:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top