Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2020 1:04:44 PM EDT
Just asking! I bought one to get in biking shape and I am having a blast.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 1:39:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I think e-bikes are awesome and from everything I've read, they are the future of bicycling.

I would love to have one.  Sort of like driving a turbocharged car!  
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 1:58:16 PM EDT
[#2]
It’s a blast. I’ve had it just over a week, taken rides on one single-track, 2 bike trails (of the abandoned RR ROW variety) gone on a few gravel excursions, rode around the nearby town and am taking it on vacation next week.

I also rode my boss’s Ice Cream truck. I’ve always thought the fat bikes were cool, I just thought they would be much tougher to pedal. If I get enough miles in this year, I think I will treat myself to a fat bike next year! This year I am hoping to complete a 50 mile ride on my non-assist cannondale quick 4.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 3:50:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Been a pedal pusher all my life, tried a friends quiet kat.   Holy cow it was nice.   Uphill, pedal assist=pure joy.

Downside, heavy and expensive.  Spare battery is about 600.00.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 12:54:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Been a pedal pusher all my life, tried a friends quiet kat.   Holy cow it was nice.   Uphill, pedal assist=pure joy.

Downside, heavy and expensive.  Spare battery is about 600.00.
View Quote

Trying to find the right one...and one that's available ain't easy.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 3:34:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't see myself riding one anytime soon but everyone gets older.  By the time I'm going to need to keep riding one they should be much lighter and affordable.  I'm pretty sure I'll be looking into getting on an e-bike when the time comes.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 5:50:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll get one when I can't enjoy my pedal bike. I think I still have many more years in me. When the time comes, I hope the prices are lower.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 8:24:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Recovering from injuries and riding a Tidal Force, back in the day, was a great way to enjoy the outdoors.  

E-biking is only going to get bigger, IMO.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 8:37:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I "built" an ebike 7-8 years ago.  Got the cheapest bike walmart had with 29" wheels and disc brakes.  Replaced the rear wheel with a motor, strapped the battery and control box, and it was off to the races.  This was back when lithium was really high and SLA batteries made a lot of sense.  The battery is heavy for what it is.Its time to replace the battery now.  I can replace the entire 48v 9ah battery for $100.  Or I could go with lithium for like $500.

Fastest I ever got, measured with GPS, is 38MPH, going downhill and pedaling and the motor wide open.  It was so fast that I ran out of gears and couldnt pedal anymore.  If it were geared differently, I could break 40MPH.  Don't tell the cops, because here in GA, if they can go over 25MPh, its legally a motorcycle.  

When I'm just riding around, I'll stop at red lights beside cars.  And off the line, its faster than most cars.  It launches real quick.  But once it gets up around 30-35, it runs out of steam and the cars blow past.  It goes through rear tires really quick from all the torque.  

It really is good exercise.  Because you can pedal as little or as much as you want.  The difference is you can go further.  You can actually get across town and run errands on a bicycle like this and it doesn't take you 4 hours.  So in reality, I found myself riding the bike more with the motor than I ever would have without.

Link Posted: 2/7/2021 4:45:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I have mountain bikes, road bike, 2 wheel recumbent, folding, and 2 ebikes. On is home made on a mountain bike frame and it is scary fast. Tops speed in the upper 30s (Giant MTB w/Lunacycle cyclone motor), the other is an emotion evo city. The evo is by far the most refined.
I welcome all bikes. I need to get back riding, this last year has been a bitch.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 7:29:48 AM EDT
[#10]
I talk to anyone who rides, don’t care if it’s on a ebike or not. BUT if you are a close friend of mine and you get an ebike I’ll make fun of you relentlessly. I don’t actually care I just think it’s funny.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top