Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2020 9:55:01 PM EDT
actually has 11,xxx. miles, was their Service Dept. loaner.
Priced as marked, not willing to lower it any more, IS "Certified" Honestly, I'm not a car guy even though I've bought a LOT of vehicles over the last 40 years, Trucks yes, cars, eh.  
https://www.burdickbmw.com/certified/BMW/2018-BMW-320i-86a3f3cb0a0d0cc733c84781b7d190d9.htm
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:59:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Nae
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 10:03:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Service loaner? Nae
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 10:05:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Our last 3 BMWs (328xi, 335is, X5d) have been CPO from Burdick. The 320 isn't my thing but they get great gas mileage and the CPO covers almost everything.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 10:11:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Body/Chassis seem to be pretty good so far; I don't see a lot of failures in the aftermarket repair business yet.  The early F30's(That body) had terrible issues with the N20/N26 engines with oil consumption and heavy smoking due to turbos.  BMW has a band-aid fix that requires new oil lines with check valves so oil would stop draining into the turbine housing to stop the smoking, especially after sitting.  .  I haven't had one that new come through the shop yet so I'm not aware of any drivetrain issues thus far or if they have fixed the issues with those engines.  The rest of the car should be pretty solid based on what I've seen over the last 4 to 5 years.  Get a good warranty is all I can tell you with European cars.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 10:20:14 PM EDT
[#5]
There isn’t any thing more for normal maintenance and wear parts than German luxury cars.

Suggest that you have this figured into your budget.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 10:20:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Body/Chassis seem to be pretty good so far; I don't see a lot of failures in the aftermarket repair business yet.  The early F30's(That body) had terrible issues with the N20/N26 engines with oil consumption and heavy smoking due to turbos.  BMW has a band-aid fix that requires new oil lines with check valves so oil would stop draining into the turbine housing to stop the smoking, especially after sitting.  .  I haven't had one that new come through the shop yet so I'm not aware of any drivetrain issues thus far or if they have fixed the issues.  The rest of the car should be pretty solid based on what I've seen over that 4 to 5 years.  Get a good warranty is all I can tell you with European cars.
View Quote
We looked at a 2016 from another Dealer (535 with the same 2.0L engine)  I didn't like the "ticking" and in the curb side header panel there was a lot of residue consisting of oil and dirt, the engine compartment had been cleaned, but they neglected the corners and edges: I no like oil residue in the engine compartment especially a four year old-50K vehicle.  ( We have a '16 Jetta 1.4T with 83K and a '14 Lexus RX350 with 65K and neither have a speck of oil outside the engine)

It's never been titled, and the "Service Loaner" story might be bullshit, stand reason...To me it's a lot of money to spend on a Car, and it didn't matter that it was a cash deal.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 10:22:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There isn’t any thing more for normal maintenance and wear parts than German luxury cars.

Suggest that you have this figured into your budget.
View Quote
I've always done my own maintenance and repair (unless covered under warranty, which this one has the balance of 4 yrs/50K and the "BMW Certified" warranty. Honestly, it's just more than what I want to spend for something that doesn't say Cessna or Piper.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 11:42:30 PM EDT
[#8]
It’s an 18 so it probably has the low power version of the B48/B46 engine which is better than the N20.

I have an ‘18 430 with the B46 engine. No issues.  I’m almost at 60k miles. As soon as I ran out of warranty I had the engine tuned for more power.

Still no issues.  I’m used to doing my own maintenance. It’s way cheaper than going to a dealer.

Did oil and front brakes recently myself. Less than $300.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 3:21:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Service loaner? Nae
View Quote
I've driven two service loaners, they are well taken care of and only driven as loaners for a year.

A "rental" car they are not.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:57:48 PM EDT
[#10]
nae or nay?
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 1:30:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Avoid any BMW engine that is not a inline 6.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:40:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 4:53:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This
Yeah, I'm pretty underwhelmed with their 4 cyl.

I'm going to give this car to my daughter and my next bmw will have a 6.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 4:58:05 PM EDT
[#14]
3 series with a whopping 180hp.  Not just no, hell no.  That car will be lucky to be worth $20k in a year.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:08:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Off on a slight tangent: Is it just the way things are done now that there's no negotiation on the prices?  
We've priced cars from different Dealerships and all came out started with the sticker/advertised price, added the usual tax, title, etc. and that was it. Wouldn't even entertain an offer or negotiation, and this will be a clean, no trade in, no financing deal....must be I just don't get it.  
One even said " well now that I know your price limit, I can look around for something."  
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:31:05 PM EDT
[#16]
It depends on the dealer. I was able to negotiate mine down because I was paying in cash and was from out of state.

The B46 engine in the x30s are better at 252hp.  I tuned mine then dyno’d it on a Mustang (heartbreaker) dyno and it was 231 at the wheels on my awd car.  Average mpg is 25 but on long freeway trips, I usually see 35+
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Yesterday I just bought a 2019 VW Tiguan SE that was a service dept. loaner. It looks brand spanking new with only 8000 miles and I got it for over 6 grand off the sticker price with a 7 year/84,000 mile warranty. Seems like it worth a shot to me.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 4:20:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Does it have a warranty?  Then sure. Off it the second the warranty runs out.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 4:54:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Off on a slight tangent: Is it just the way things are done now that there's no negotiation on the prices?  
We've priced cars from different Dealerships and all came out started with the sticker/advertised price, added the usual tax, title, etc. and that was it. Wouldn't even entertain an offer or negotiation, and this will be a clean, no trade in, no financing deal....must be I just don't get it.  
One even said " well now that I know your price limit, I can look around for something."  
View Quote
"Cash deal" doesn't carry any weight with the dealers anymore. They're only interested in financing. I made an OTD cash offer of $800 less than asking price on a used truck and it was turned down flat. They'd only accept that offer if I financed it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 11:22:30 PM EDT
[#20]
a ex Loaner?

hell no.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top