Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Posted: 2/24/2020 12:12:27 AM EDT
My dive computer's rubber strap broke recently (thankfully in my safe and not underwater) and rather than replace it with another strap I wanted to make something more reliable like a bungee or NATO strap. I pulled the rubber strap off and replaced the pins so I have two good pins to tie to or run a band through.

Has anyone made a bungee for their computer?

What did you use?
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 1:01:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My dive computer's rubber strap broke recently (thankfully in my safe and not underwater) and rather than replace it with another strap I wanted to make something more reliable like a bungee or NATO strap. I pulled the rubber strap off and replaced the pins so I have two good pins to tie to or run a band through.

Has anyone made a bungee for their computer?

What did you use?
View Quote
Bungee is super common. Pick which size you need. Bungee or surgical tubing, doesn't matter much, just a personal preference thing. Dive Gear Express bungee/surgical tubing
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 2:25:50 AM EDT
[#2]
What kind of computer?
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 8:25:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Assuming the pins are not spring tensioned, just straight up pins, use 1/8" bungee.  This can be had at you local Hobby Lobby for 3.99/15'.

I made one for a Mares Puck and an Uwatec AirZ.

DSS makes a mount and bungee kit for a few brands.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 9:53:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Piranha has some bungee mounts, I believe.

@bap

DSS is out of business.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 12:40:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I replaced the rubber strap on my Geo 2 with a NATO strap.  Pretty straightforward, but needed to use thinner strap material to fit.  Also ended up at CountyComm to find a strap long enough to fit over a wetsuit.  Link below may help.   Ebay seller that has 3D printed mounts for a handful of different dive computers.  He may have what you need or at least get you started looking.

Ebay bungee mounts
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 1:20:43 PM EDT
[#6]
That’s how I keep my Shearwaters on my wrist.  I use two loops each separately tied for redundancy
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 7:07:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I just zip-tie it to my gauge console.

I'm still using analog gauges and a separate dive computer; too damn cheap to upgrade perfectly usable stuff.
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top