Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 7:34:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Keep in mind that millions of steers, horses, sheep, pigs, and goats have been killed with a 25acp.  It is/was fairly common used in dispatching animals in "non-handgun" devices (particularly outside of the US).
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 7:34:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes Your Honor, I was very afraid of him.  I thought I was going to be shot and killed.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 7:35:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Jon-Erik Hexum. Tv star, joking around with a .25 loaded with blanks. DRT.

Chuck-E-Cheese killer used a .25 to murder his victims.

also:
Fans of James Bond will remember how, in the novel Dr No, Bond was forced by 'M' to relinquish his weapon of choice, the 0.25 calibre Beretta, to be replaced with the now iconic Walther PPK. This change was instigated on the grounds that, on a previous mission, the Beretta had failed Bond, almost bringing about his death. In reality, Ian Fleming had acted on the advice of a man called Geoffrey Boothroyd. As well as being a James Bond fan, Boothroyd was also an expert on firearms. In his opinion, the 0.25 calibre Beretta was the type of gun that a lady would carry in her purse. A man like Bond needed something more fitting.
https://www.007james.com/articles/james_bond_guns.php
View Quote
Of all commonly available pistol calibers I can think of, the .25acp is the one I'd least rely on, but they're still deadly.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 7:39:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I don’t want to get shot with anything so I generally take take guns and threats of guns very seriously. I’d certainly fear for my life is someone pulled that, and react accordingly.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 7:41:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am going to respond with my own
View Quote
.25? or weapon?
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 7:50:57 AM EDT
[#6]
This is what I use in my .25 Model 20 Beretta.

Link Posted: 5/10/2019 7:54:35 AM EDT
[#7]
.25 is half the size of a .50 Cal, so yeah I'd take it seriously.

In all seriousness, I'd still respect it's ability to end my life. Don't underestimate your opponent.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 8:01:08 AM EDT
[#8]
He gets off a couple shots towards your head or upper torso and you would be in a world of hurt.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 8:51:34 AM EDT
[#9]
A .25 will kill you just as dead as any other round, so yes I'd take it seriously.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 10:01:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Somebody famous once said something to the effect that a .22 didn't seem very menacing until it was pointed at you.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 10:11:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
.25 is half the size of a .50 Cal, so yeah I'd take it seriously.

In all seriousness, I'd still respect it's ability to end my life. Don't underestimate your opponent.
View Quote
No pie for you.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 10:15:01 AM EDT
[#12]
I just put a framing nail through most of my foot.  I bet a .25ACP would be worse.  I'll pass on being shot.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 10:17:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Would you be afraid of having 2 or more .25" holes in a major vascular or CNS structure?
Or nah?
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 10:19:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Well considering the individual whom the OP describes seems unstable

Yep I would be nervous
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 10:20:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just put a framing nail through most of my foot.  I bet a .25ACP would be worse.  I'll pass on being shot.
View Quote
.22 blanks are used to power nail guns capable of nailing things into concrete.  I use one for hard drive destruction.  It goes through the metal drive and into the stump it's sitting on.  I have to pry it off with a crowbar afterwards.

So yeah, I'd take a .25 seriously.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 10:21:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Look up Aileen Wuornos
She killed a bunch of guys with a .22 pistol.
View Quote
Richard Ramirez did the same. Most At least five of his 14 victims were killed with a .22 pocket pistol.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 10:23:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
For talking to his "girl" (who's not actually his girl)?  Also, part of the serial number is filed off apparently.

He never said that to me mind you, because I'd shove the damn thing down his throat.

I think it was this:

https://crimefictionbook.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/raven-arms-25-caliber.jpg?w=676&h=516
View Quote
I'm cautious of anybody threatening to shoot people with anything.

Gaffney, SC 2009, dude used a 25 acp and killed 5 people.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 10:25:16 AM EDT
[#18]
I wouldn't want to be shot with a pin nailer let alone a .25 pistol. This isn't an exact comparison but:

2lb hammer blow seems to be about 12.5J.

.25 acp - 89J
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 10:25:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Police detained two suspects and were searching for another Saturday in the killing of a 25-year-old San Francisco Giants fan in the parking lot of Dodger Stadium, a shooting that authorities said had been triggered by a decades-old baseball rivalry.

Two families leaving the game during the eighth inning apparently traded words about the teams, police said. The dispute culminated when Mark Allen Antenorcruz, of Covina, was shot twice after a man he was arguing with pulled a .25-caliber semiautomatic handgun from his family's white SUV, police said.

Antenorcruz was taken to nearby Los Angeles County-USC Hospital, where he later died, according to Los Angeles County coroner officials."

BB Gun Death Mesa, May 29 (AP) -- The Maricopa County Medical Examiner says the death of a 15-year-old Mesa boy shot by a BB gun was an accident.

The boy was shot Sunday by a gas-propelled BB gun.

The BB hit Oscar Adrian Granillo's eye and ripped its way through the skull and lodged in his brain.

The Mesa Junior High School student was shot at his home. He was removed from life support Monday.

Family members say Oscar's friend Jose Javier Rodriguez was holding the gun when it fired.

The Handgun Epidemic Lowering Plan Network says that every day, an average of 44 children are treated for injuries from BB and pellet guns.

Also
View Quote
People who argue over sports to the point of physical violence need to be gassed.  I had a guy in Chicago try blowing me a bunch of shit for wearing a Colt's hoodie when I was visiting a friend.  After almost having a heart attack because of his extreme anger, he finally left us alone after I pulled a guardrail bolt and set of nuts out of my pocket (theoretically legal in Chicago, lol) and told him I would put him into the hospital, he threw a bottle at us and steamed off.

Back to the OP, weapon is a weapon.  I don't care the caliber, make, model, it's a weapon.  Prepare for an equal, greater or more determined answer to your display of force.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 10:26:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

also:

Of all commonly available pistol calibers I can think of, the .25acp is the one I'd least rely on, but they're still deadly.
View Quote
Hexum took a 44 magnum blank to the temple.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 10:27:01 AM EDT
[#21]
I'd certainly be on my toes.

Now if he makes threats and I actually see the gun? Perfectly justifiable shoot.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 10:27:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Shot placement is more lethal than caliber.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 10:29:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

also:

View Quote
22 rim fire is MUCH less reliable than 25 ACP.  In fact, that is why 25 ACP exists.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 10:30:16 AM EDT
[#24]
War story time.  

I once responded to a shooting at a local dance club. One guy shot the other in the side of his face with a .25 Raven. bullet entered his cheek, knocked out a bunch of teeth of both sides of his mouth then exited the other cheek and embedded in the wall deep enough that the evidence tech had to use a hole saw to get it back out. .

The shot guy then beat the hell out of the shooter with a bar stool. They both ended up in adjoining treatment bays at the ER.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 10:37:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Hitler?
View Quote
I thought he used a 7.65...32 ACP?
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 10:41:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Back when I was a kid, we had an old man and woman neighbors that pretty much kept to themselves. The woman died and the old man started talking to any neighbors who would stop and listen to him. My dad got to be pretty close to him and would go help him with things around the house when he needed it.

He told my dad that he had a son that was in prison for shooting and killing someone in a bar. Apparently it was someone he had a run in with before. This time he had a .25 auto with him. He pulled the pistol from his pocket to which the soon to be deceased responded with "I ain't afraid of your little pea shooter", and moved forward. He was shot once and died at the scene.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 10:48:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Imagine a knitting needle hammered into your chest

Repeat 8 times in about 3 seconds
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 10:49:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
.22 blanks are used to power nail guns capable of nailing things into concrete.  I use one for hard drive destruction.  It goes through the metal drive and into the stump it's sitting on.  I have to pry it off with a crowbar afterwards.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have yet to check the box of a concrete nailer.  Yet.

Pneumatic framing nailer through the finger, check.  Stepping on nails, check.  Concrete nailer?  Hold my beer...
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 10:50:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
35 gr (2 g) JHP900 ft/s (270 m/s)63 ft·lbf (85 J)
45 gr (3 g) JHP815 ft/s (248 m/s)66 ft·lbf (89 J)
50 gr (3 g) FMJ760 ft/s (230 m/s)65 ft·lbf (88 J)
Test barrel length: 2"

above: 25acp

below: 22lr

http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/2011graphs+/22ME.png

just some stuff I found real quick
View Quote
So from a 2" barrel, some 22s really will have more power than a 25acp.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 10:51:13 AM EDT
[#30]
I would be concerned.  A bullet in the right spot can kill or paralyze.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 10:56:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
People who argue over sports to the point of physical violence need to be gassed.  I had a guy in Chicago try blowing me a bunch of shit for wearing a Colt's hoodie when I was visiting a friend.  After almost having a heart attack because of his extreme anger, he finally left us alone after I pulled a guardrail bolt and set of nuts out of my pocket (theoretically legal in Chicago, lol) and told him I would put him into the hospital, he threw a bottle at us and steamed off.

Back to the OP, weapon is a weapon.  I don't care the caliber, make, model, it's a weapon.  Prepare for an equal, greater or more determined answer to your display of force.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Police detained two suspects and were searching for another Saturday in the killing of a 25-year-old San Francisco Giants fan in the parking lot of Dodger Stadium, a shooting that authorities said had been triggered by a decades-old baseball rivalry.

Two families leaving the game during the eighth inning apparently traded words about the teams, police said. The dispute culminated when Mark Allen Antenorcruz, of Covina, was shot twice after a man he was arguing with pulled a .25-caliber semiautomatic handgun from his family's white SUV, police said.

Antenorcruz was taken to nearby Los Angeles County-USC Hospital, where he later died, according to Los Angeles County coroner officials."

BB Gun Death Mesa, May 29 (AP) -- The Maricopa County Medical Examiner says the death of a 15-year-old Mesa boy shot by a BB gun was an accident.

The BB hit Oscar Adrian Granillo's eye and ripped its way through the skull and lodged in his brain.

The Mesa Junior High School student was shot at his home. He was removed from life support Monday.

Family members say Oscar's friend Jose Javier Rodriguez was holding the gun when it fired.

The Handgun Epidemic Lowering Plan Network says that every day, an average of 44 children are treated for injuries from BB and pellet guns.

Also

Well I would believe you if you said you had it on a length of 550 chord
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 10:56:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Yesterday morning I went
Out for a cup of coffee
Shaved and then I combed my hair
A man who don't know me
Said something to my back
I stopped, turned around
And faced it

That is why
I pack my .25
Where nobody knows
Right above my boot
It's the law
No one there to serve you
Why not be the hero?
Why not be your own?

Swear I'll kill you
Swear that I'll kill you
The law, it's the law
And every man out on the street knows
I swear I'll kill you

I dreamt all yesterday
How I might make a man feel
With a gun up to his face
He'd show respect to me
I don't care what you're thinking
I'll wipe that thought away

That is why
I pack my .25
Where nobody knows
Right above my boot
It's the law
With no one there to serve you
Why not be the hero?
Why not be your own?

Swear I'll kill you
Swear that I'll kill you
The law, it's the law
And every man out on the street knows
I swear that I'll kill you
So why not be the hero?
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 10:58:26 AM EDT
[#33]
A gun is a gun is a gun.  I am not going to volunteer to be the guy who takes a .25 for the team.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 10:59:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 10:59:54 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm pretty sure Bruce Lee's son was killed with a blank! I'd prefer not to be shot with anything!
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:00:50 AM EDT
[#36]
My favorite .25 story occurred here in Abilene.  We had a club called the "The Black Satin".  Two black gentlemen had been having a feud over various issues.  One night one of them came into the club and saw his nemesis playing pool.  The shooter decided it was time to get it on and went to his victim with his .25 Raven.  He pushed the man's head down on to the felt of the pool table, put the gun to the back of the man's head, and fired 3 shots point blank.  The victim started sobbing and told the shooter..."please don't shoot me no more!"

The shooter ran out of the club, and the victim was taken to the hospital.  X-rays showed no penetration into the victim's skull.  The bullets had followed a path along the man's skull at the rear and stopped in his scalp at the front.  Other than a headache, the victim came out just fine.

In my best Roy Scheider voice..."we're gonna need a bigger gun."
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:02:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also

It might not be whiz bang tactical but one hit to the side of the grape and it's coloring books for Christmas
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:05:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
lol  no, just had the nuts twisted onto the guard rail bolt to make a kind of kuboton.  Family member living in Illinois said it would pass the 'sniff test' with it in your car.  Looking back at it, a monkey's fist would have likely worked well too lol
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:16:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Bad bad Leroy Brown?
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:16:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Plenty of people in the ground because of pieces of shit like that.
View Quote
This.

Anyone that isn't worried about being shot with a .25 has a death wish or needs a neck-up checkup.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:38:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Wonder how many people have been shot and killed with a .25acp
I bet it's a bunch
View Quote
Vasilly says Hello

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:56:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Well considering the individual whom the OP describes seems unstable

Yep I would be nervous
View Quote
Funny thing is he is in school and becoming a psychologist.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:58:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
LOL At people that don't think a. 25 could kill them deader than a hammer.
View Quote
I wonder if OP would volunteer to catch a 25ACP with a catchers mitt at 3 paces.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 12:01:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 12:45:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Cooper had some good ideas, but over all he believed his own press.   To his detriment.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 12:51:12 PM EDT
[#46]
If anyone knows the effectiveness of .25, it's this dude.  Guy went through several pistols because he wore them out firing so many rounds...
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 12:51:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Are there any .25acp guns that aren't the tiny pocket pistols?  Something with a longer barrel and real sights?
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 1:09:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
LOL At people that don't think a. 25 could kill them deader than a hammer.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 1:17:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 1:25:10 PM EDT
[#50]
you should only be scared if its crome and has pearl handles :)
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top