Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2021 2:11:51 PM EDT
Man I remember being younger and thinking how SHOT show was the holy grail of all things gun

The parties

The stories I heard

It seemed to peak circa 2012ish

The last few seemed like turds

Will SHOT show be made great again due to the current run on guns?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:13:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't have it- covid
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:13:26 PM EDT
[#2]
When an annual convention or festival misses a year, there's like a 70% chance it does not return.  That percentage increases exponentially with each subsequent year.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:20:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Good times are now verboten.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:21:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Does SHOT do anything for the end customer?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:26:58 PM EDT
[#5]
not unless they start making some new cool Cali style guns from the upcoming AWB..or maybe everybody just starts making guns with RMR's and what have you in them.. since that's the new flavor for now!  

i could see some new SASS runs with upgraded sights!!  
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:27:41 PM EDT
[#6]
When all the large conference venues are forced by The Woke Among Us to reject "celebrations of violence" like SHOT, it will be held in the parking lot of a Chic-fil-a somewhere in east Tennessee.  So, no, probably not a return to the days of glory.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:27:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Expect it to be banned soon.  Or now venue will allow it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:49:17 PM EDT
[#8]
SHOT shows are a relic of the past.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:50:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought they canceled it?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:53:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When all the large conference venues are forced by The Woke Among Us to reject "celebrations of violence" like SHOT, it will be held in the parking lot of a Chic-fil-a somewhere in east Tennessee.  So, no, probably not a return to the days of glory.
View Quote
Chick fil A is out , too woke. How 'bout Pal's?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:58:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I wish.

Maybe I'm just getting old and jaded, but the product releases the last couple years seemed lame compared the the previous 5 or so years.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:59:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Expect it to be banned soon.  Or now venue will allow it.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:01:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:02:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No, it's a trade show for gun dealers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, it's a trade show for gun dealers.

Yes I know this but why do people care so much about some thing that doesn't affect them?

Businesses are going to release products regardless of if there is a shot show or not.

I don't need 48 different shitty Youtubers with shitty audio asking the same loser with a beard
how about some obscure gun that they may not sell for two years if ever
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:12:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I wish.

Maybe I'm just getting old and jaded, but the product releases the last couple years seemed lame compared the the previous 5 or so years.
View Quote

For the most part I think you're probably right. God, I remember after the AWB to 2010-2012ish and it seems like the shit just rolled out like crazy. Such a fun time to be into guns. Then Sandy Hook happened. Obviously we know the narrative up until present day. Sure there have been some cool things that have come out, Gen 5 Glocks, M&P 2.0 series, PSA has turned the US AK market on its head and also become something like the largest supplier of AR-15s and parts in the country, etc. But, it feels like the actual invention of NEW stuff has stagnated since the boom after the AWB. Back then the Magpul CTR was hot shit, and we were reading Stickman's review of buttstroking trees with it to test its durability. But it was hot shit because it wasn't just another run of the mill waffle stock. Same thing with the PMAG. Now the PMAG is ubiquitous. Now you can't swing a dead cat without hitting another "new" Magpul buttstock. The Gen 5 Glock is just an updated Gen 3 Glock, same with the M&P 2.0 vs 1.0. I guess we've been spoiled with the current generations of compact, concealed carry firearms and the silencer market has exploded in the last 10 years but that's about it. Maybe it's just me reminiscing about the "old times" and I'm full of shit, but that's what I think.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:19:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chic-fil-a got woke? Didn't know that.
How about Hobby Lobby? They usually have big parking lots.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Expect it to be banned soon. Or no venue will allow it.
View Quote

That was my thought as well.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:21:14 PM EDT
[#19]
The only thing Shot Show has produced in recent times is vaporware.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:21:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Wait until Biden gets the federal prohibition on suing gun manufacturers removed. It's going to look like "The Birds" with the gun manufacturers playing the townsfolk and lawyers playing the birds pecking them to death.
View Quote

Will Rudy sue gun makers again?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:22:41 PM EDT
[#21]
I went to SHOT the year the Remington r25 turd came out.
The experience was amazing and I had a blast.

If you love guns SHOT should have been on your bucket list.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:23:42 PM EDT
[#22]
I like Shot Show for all the sweet knives that come out.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:25:57 PM EDT
[#23]
The only purpose of the show that I see is to allow Chinese manufacturers the chance to beat the actual product to shelves.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:41:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Geissele plinko
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:48:18 PM EDT
[#25]
In my opinion the SHOT Show will continue to go down hill.  It will more or less be replaced by the NASGW Show which will be much more careful about only letting people in that are there for actual business.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:49:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Probably would now consider a "Show" to be a "Rally" and therefore is forbidden.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:54:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:15:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It was great back when it was an industry only event, not a gun show for the riffraff.
View Quote

I went to the last one in Orlando. 2009? 2010? There was an ARFCOM dinner at a restaurant that night, too. I met a bunch of people, had a beer and dinner. It was fun.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:17:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Not unless
1 someone actually innovates and produces something new
2 the democrats all have heart attacks and are unable to pass any anti gun bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:40:12 PM EDT
[#30]
I've been to shot show several times...but when they blocked C&Rs from admittance I was left out in the cold.  I don't get why.  Yeah, yeah, not in the business but cutting out a bunch of harmless gawkers like myself seems counterproductive.  Oh well, not part of the club,  no admittance for you!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:43:57 PM EDT
[#31]
They should plan for a Florida move right now.  They've held it there in the past, so it should not be a problem.

However, I foresee regional shows, that the general public can attend and buy from, growing exponentially.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:48:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Man I remember being younger and thinking how SHOT show was the holy grail of all things gun

The parties

The stories I heard

The last few seemed like turds

Will SHOT show be made great again due to the current run on guns?
View Quote
Other than the fact that it's cancelled, it seems to have morphed into 3 categories:

1. More of the same stuff repackaged/rebranded
2. Insanely retarded shit that nobody wants
3. Vaporware
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:51:34 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't follow SHOT as much anymore.  Now I just go on the manufacturer websites every week starting in January and wait to see their actual new gun announcements.  Winchester, Browning, and CZ at least have sections on their websites for the new model year guns.  Beretta and Benelli usually have announcements on their webpages too.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:54:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The parties
The stories I heard
View Quote

No doubt. I worked for Remington from 2010-2013. It was indeed some wild times.

Honestly amazed some people didn't get fired right there.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Wait until Biden gets the federal prohibition on suing gun manufacturers removed. It's going to look like "The Birds" with the gun manufacturers playing the townsfolk and lawyers playing the birds pecking them to death.
View Quote

If our side hadn't have been so retarded, that flock would be feasting on Big Tech & MSM for campaign finance and anti-trust and libel cases.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:56:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Social media and other tools have made SHOT SHOW and other trade shows a thing of the past.  

It is...what it is.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:59:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I've been to shot show several times...but when they blocked C&Rs from admittance I was left out in the cold.  I don't get why.  Yeah, yeah, not in the business but cutting out a bunch of harmless gawkers like myself seems counterproductive.  Oh well, not part of the club,  no admittance for you!
View Quote

Time is money.

They need to sort out the people not there to do actual business. Do you go to exotic car dealers and waste their time talking to salesmen about cars your not buying?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
When an annual convention or festival misses a year, there's like a 70% chance it does not return.  That percentage increases exponentially with each subsequent year.
View Quote

I think a lot of companies will look at what they were spending on SHOT and decide that money is better spent elsewhere.

My guess is the trade show industry in general is proper fucked for the foreseeable future. Even when they are allowed to happen again I think many people won't want to fool with the hassle of going after a year or two of living without it. Masks and travel restrictions are not going away anytime soon.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:02:23 PM EDT
[#39]
My only experience with SHOT was in 2017. Watched Trump get inaugurated from the show.

I suspect with covid, wokeness, and full retard anti gun sentiment, SHOT will be a skeleton of itself if it happens again.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:19:51 PM EDT
[#40]
You better hope so. What else will Rob Penis, James Yeager, Dickcock45, SgtMaj Lee, NutsinMouth, and TrannyRex Arms do with their spare time?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
In my opinion the SHOT Show will continue to go down hill.  It will more or less be replaced by the NASGW Show which will be much more careful about only letting people in that are there for actual business.
View Quote

You mean the Twats who heaped praise on Remington shit pistols.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:32:58 PM EDT
[#42]
I've been to every SHOT for at least a decade. But, between President Cornpop and the Shanghai Shivers BS, I think it's going to be relegated to the Department of Fond Memories.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top