Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2018 5:42:55 PM EDT
About 6 mos ago I started having issues with keyboard entries. URL direct input, forum replies, notepad, or any type of keyboard entries. Cursor would jump, while typing, to another place where you were typing. So it was a constant fix it. I finally determined the problem was the driver for the touchpad. I rolled the driver back to the previous version. That fixed it. Move ahead a few mos. I was playing solitaire and noticed when turning a card, I would get a double click and turn 2 cards. I lived with it, but I had to be real careful under normal use. 2 clicks would equal "enter" instead of what you wanted. It was getting real annoying. So I swapped for another mouse. That cleared it up, but if I needed to use another computer at the same time, it got to be a major problem.
So yesterday I bought a new mouse. Logitech silent mouse. First I noticed was no tactile feel when mouse was clicking. Then I noticed it was also double clicking randomly. It would also click when just moving the mouse, without touching any buttons. It would highlight text with no mouse input just moving the mouse. Mouse firmware is up to date. I tried 2 more mice with the same results, including an old early MS mouse. New mouse is no good, and another mouse seems to be defective as well. I need more than one mouse when doing diagnostics on another computer. Logitech software has no effect on settings. It doesn't even recognize the mouse as being there.
This with a Win 7 laptop. I am going to give the mice a run on a Win XP desktop to see what happens. I use the XP machine for apps that don't work correctly with Win 7 or 64 bit apps.
I need some ideas to fix these issues.

Edit: The left and right buttons are extremely sensitive to the touch.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 7:24:50 PM EDT
[#1]
My bet is on the laptop.  I had a similar problem with a Dell laptop some years ago.  I tried several mice (all worked fine on other computers) and they all acted strange when plugged into my laptop.  It was out of warranty and Dell wanted more to fix it than it was work.  Pulled all the data off it and dropped it in the Iron Mt. computer recycling box in the office.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 9:20:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Uninstall the mouse software and reinstall it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top