Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2022 10:50:11 AM EDT
Apart from 45nrth, I love their stuff but it's a bit spendy in the pants and jackets category... What other pants brands have you guys found to be a good fit for biking? Not too baggy, decent boot cut.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 11:33:39 AM EDT
[#1]
What temps or conditions?

Below about 15 degrees, I'll wear ski pants, but they don't stretch well, so I'm normally out for a 5 to 8 mile ride in that case.

REI tights for warmer than 15 degrees.  

Long rides in the very cold have been a bit tough to figure out.  I can stay warm, but keeping dry is the challenge.  A shell jacket with pit zips open is about the best I've figured, but if it's real cold I have enough layers, and then after an hour, it's hard to vent that much sweat.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 1:01:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Synchronized] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WWolfe:
What temps or conditions?

Below about 15 degrees, I'll wear ski pants, but they don't stretch well, so I'm normally out for a 5 to 8 mile ride in that case.

REI tights for warmer than 15 degrees.  

Long rides in the very cold have been a bit tough to figure out.  I can stay warm, but keeping dry is the challenge.  A shell jacket with pit zips open is about the best I've figured, but if it's real cold I have enough layers, and then after an hour, it's hard to vent that much sweat.
View Quote

Mostly above 15. I generally don't have an issue staying warm with tights but my concern too is staying dry. Conditions would be snowy mostly. Upperbody I wear a waterproof windbreaker with a columbia omni heat baselayer. As long as I'm moving I'm very warm down to 20 or so.

ETA: The REI cycling pants look like they may fit my need.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 3:30:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Aren't there soft shell pants?

I also have a pair of pants (EMS or REI, not sure) made with wind-stopper fleece.  I don't bike but they did ok hiking in knee deep snow.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 2:59:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Have you looked at Aerotech Designs?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top