Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What are we looking at?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saw this today and could not help thinking about restricted visibility.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/168273/20220517_123211_jpg-2387251.JPG

What are we looking at?

We are looking at a vehicle which due to its design has been criticised for having woefully poor rear visibility. The owner decided it was not bad enough and added limo tint.

Now he cannot see ( on a bright sunny day ) well enough to reverse into a parking spot.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 6:43:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Why is it always the cops shitting in tint threads?

My car is tinted (illegally per Michigan laws).
5% rears, 20% fronts.

I can see just fine. If it stops me from getting melanoma again, it’s worth it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:09:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Why is it always the cops shitting in tint threads?

My car is tinted (illegally per Michigan laws).
5% rears, 20% fronts.

I can see just fine. If it stops me from getting melanoma again, it’s worth it.
View Quote

Its not just tint.

Its the concept of messing with safety.

Same goes for a number of things........

Those eejits who tint their rear lights too.

Example - 90s UK - the young men of the "diverse" population of London decided it would be cooler looking if their car seats were lower. Cue a fad where they modified car seat mounts so they were practically sitting on the floor.

Mid 90s another fad was to recline the drivers seat so far they were practically laying down like a tank driver !

Then came the "my fog lights make my car look cool" fad. Who cares if other drivers are blinded.

Later was the buckling of seatbelts underneath the driver - so basically not wearing them - lest it puts a crease in his Miami Vice suit with rolled up sleeves.

Every winter we saw the same wastes of oxygen driving their cars down the road with all glass covered in snow or frost. With a 12" x 3" apeature cleared of snow - too lazy to scrape the rest and too stupid to realise that it was unsafe.

A few days ago I saw a guy in FL with a vintage truck. Front suspension had a lift job. Rear suspension lowered. He ended up with the same level of visibility a spitfire pilot had when taxiing on the runway.

It is not just tint - every day you will hear of an eejit who has decided he knows more about safety than the people who designed the vehicle he drives. Or the tools he uses. Or the lathe / machine he operates. Or the forklift he drives.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:12:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't know the percentages but I have dark window tint everywhere but the windshield. I went with the installer's suggestion for the windshield and it's considerably lighter than the rest of the windows.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:26:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

We are looking at a vehicle which due to its design has been criticised for having woefully poor rear visibility. The owner decided it was not bad enough and added limo tint.

Now he cannot see ( on a bright sunny day ) well enough to reverse into a parking spot.
View Quote

The tint doesn’t look that dark to me, you can see out the passenger side window in the picture just fine. Not to mention even with 5% tint there’s literally no way it’s dark enough to limit your vision during the day. That guy just can’t drive.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:33:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I am in Florida and did 80% on the front windshield. For me the biggest thing is it takes the reflection/glare from other cars during the day.  It did help with heat.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top