BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:00:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So the US has to defend any other country that isn't able to fully rout anyone who attacks them?  

Fuck.  That.
View Quote

Wherever we choose to provide material support is a different, unrelated point.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:01:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You’re dodging the question rather well.

Why?

@former11bravo

Why do you insist on posting straight up russian propaganda?
View Quote

Why do you insist on harassing me?

I never intentionally posted shit. I am against the US bankrupting itself to support a corrupt, third world shit-hole. That doesn't make me "pro Russian" in the slightest.

You really have no idea who you're talking to, pal.

And your "location" makes you look like a virtue-signaling leftie. It's the exact same M.O.: attack, attack, attack and accuse you're perceived enemy of what it is you are doing.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:05:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

lmao in one breath you say you hope UKR mops the floor with Rus and in the next you don't care.

Advocating for a nation's right to self defense isn't white knighting.

You've turned into a real crybaby.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wish they'd both lose.

I don't give a shit about either and I'm sick of paying for this fleecing operation taking place.

I completely agree.

Better pepper your angus with attitudes like that.

The fucking white knights for Ukraine are out in force.

lmao in one breath you say you hope UKR mops the floor with Rus and in the next you don't care.

Advocating for a nation's right to self defense isn't white knighting.

You've turned into a real crybaby.

The tears of Putin supporters, while different, have turned out just as satisfying as liberal tears!

At least no one is still "just asking questions".  I guess those questions are answered at this point.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:19:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How can you win/lose a fake war? Oh you mean when the puppet masters decide they've funneled enough money through Ukraine and supposedly disrupted the food supply chain enough to cause global food shortages? Yea, go democracy!
View Quote

That tinfoil is WAY too tight, brother.  It's cutting off the blood flow to your brain.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:25:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

No, that's your neighbor coming to your defense. If nation sovereignty is important, nations should be 100% responsible for their own defense. Can't have it both ways
View Quote

It's still self defense.    Neighbors should help neighbors when they can.   They should especially help each other when the bully across the street decides he wants their house and property.   If nothing else if he gets away with it they're liable to be next.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:25:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Which is of course impossible.  Ergo, you want them to not be able to defend themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the dumbest statement I've heard in GD for a long time, and that's saying something

Thank you for writing this detailed and thoughtful response, your feedback is not valuable

It’s foolish to suggest that only the largest countries can have self defense.

Ukraine was invited by Russia.  That is a fact.

Russia invaded in a war of expansion.  That is a fact.

Ukraine is defending itself from that invasion.

I never said they couldn't defend themselves, I just said they should do it on their own dime.

Which is of course impossible.  Ergo, you want them to not be able to defend themselves.

Not wanting to be on the hook for their defense implies I don't want them to defend themselves? That is comically bad reasoning. Of course I want them to defend themselves, and they seem to be doing it quite well, on their own. They don't need our help.

Ukebros will in the same breath, claim that Zelensky is the baddest ass, and is crushing  Russia, and that he is also helpless, and needs Uncle Sam to protect him.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The conditions are that they remove the ability of one of our primary global competitors to threaten NATO for a couple of decades.  A bonus is new gear we get to exploit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, that's your neighbor coming to your defense. If nation sovereignty is important, nations should be 100% responsible for their own defense. Can't have it both ways

Except there's a bit more than just that.

A more closer scenario would be you just having had a fire and lost everything but your neighbor gives you a gun and ammo.

It's still self defense.

So when do we stop being on the hook for the "self defense" of other nation States? Because if we keep footing the bill, they essentially become satellite States of the US. It would be ridiculous to suggest that continued financial support doesn't come with conditions

The conditions are that they remove the ability of one of our primary global competitors to threaten NATO for a couple of decades.  A bonus is new gear we get to exploit.

Ah, so it isn't about "self defense", its about getting something. So they are our vassal, and you don't actually care about self defense, you just want something. At least be honest and don't play at being morally superior because you care about the little guy
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:27:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I never intentionally posted shit. I am against the US bankrupting itself to support a corrupt, third world shit-hole. That doesn't make me "pro Russian" in the slightest.

And your "location" makes you look like a virtue-signaling leftie. It's the exact same M.O.: attack, attack, attack and accuse you're perceived enemy of what it is you are doing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You’re dodging the question rather well.

Why?

@former11bravo

Why do you insist on posting straight up russian propaganda?

It's interesting that you guys constantly claim that "not wanting to send weapons and aid to Ukraine isn't the same thing as supporting Russia," while at the same time claiming that those of us who support sending weapons and aid to Ukraine are Biden supporters, supporters of globalism, etc. You can't have it both ways...
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:12:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:14:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:14:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Here's a video with Scott Ritter saying Nato won't win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=008c-KIuJ1o

Who's Scott Ritter?
Scott Ritter is a former US Marine Corps Intelligence Officer whose service over a 20-plus-year career included tours of duty in the former Soviet Union implementing arms control agreements, serving on the staff of US Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf during the Gulf War and later as a Chief Weapons Inspector with the UN in Iraq from 1991-98.

Don't know if he's right but if he is we could be seconds from nuclear war.

Video is worth the watch.
View Quote

Look at that post count. Nothing suspicious here. Click.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:17:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No.  You said that it's not "self-defense"

I don't think you understand the meaning of that phrase.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the dumbest statement I've heard in GD for a long time, and that's saying something

Thank you for writing this detailed and thoughtful response, your feedback is not valuable

It’s foolish to suggest that only the largest countries can have self defense.

I never said they couldn't defend themselves, I just said they should do it on their own dime.

I said it wasn't self defense because we are paying for it. Try to keep up
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:27:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Its not self defense when we're paying for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still waiting for someone to make the connection from "America should not be giving money to Ukraine for the purpose of conducting this particular war."
-to-
"You love Russia and hate freedom."

The fucken' warhawks get more bloodthirsty every day.
Let Europe handle their own shit for a change.

Tell me about it!

Being called a warhawk for cheering Ukraine's self defense is as silly as calling Rittenhouse a murderer.

Yeah, it's still self defense. Who pays for it doesn't change that fact.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:29:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still waiting for someone to make the connection from "America should not be giving money to Ukraine for the purpose of conducting this particular war."
-to-

Tell me about it!

Being called a warhawk for cheering Ukraine's self defense is as silly as calling Rittenhouse a murderer.

Sure it is.   It's still self defense if you've got people invading your property shooting at you and you're shooting back w/ ammo your neighbor handed to you.

That wasn't Rittenhouses rifle either.

You're confused about what self defense is apparently.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:31:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You're so pathetic how you try to censor viewpoints you don't agree with. If we banned every poster that shared incorrect data then every ukebro on this site would be banned.
View Quote

Says the guy that claims he worked at the Pentagon and ran off to defect to Russia.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:31:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's foolish to suggest that only the largest countries can have self defense.

The definition of self defense doesn't change based on who pays for it. Ukraine is still doing the fighting, dying, and killing.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:51:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The definition of self defense doesn't change based on who pays for it. Ukraine is still doing the fighting, dying, and killing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well if you want to keep playing Team America: World Police, then good on ya.

How did that work out again for the last 20+ years?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:54:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:56:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:09:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Who's Scott Ritter?
Scott Ritter is a former US Marine Corps Intelligence Officer whose service over a 20-plus-year career included tours of duty in the former Soviet Union implementing arms control agreements, serving on the staff of US Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf during the Gulf War and later as a Chief Weapons Inspector with the UN in Iraq from 1991-98.

View Quote

This Ritter is putting his rep on the line. If he is wrong he is finished being credible

Personally I do not see anything in any Russian behavior to suggest he is even close to being right but he certainly should know more about this than I

I do feel he is correct in that Russia thought they would easily stroll in without any planning and take Ukraine and Putin is now going to go all in and either he wins to the point of keeping the east and Crimea or he uses nukes.

I admit up front. I don't like Russia, they are orcs in truth and the suffering of innocent Ukrainians bugs the crap out of me but do I think getting Crimea back in Ukraine is worth global thermal nuclear war?
Hell no
Sorry, I know many even most here think Ukraine is worth America being nuked out of some way beyond my thinking why but nope
Let them keep Crimea and Ukraine not being a NATO member and our cities nuke free.
I know I am terrible for such blasphemy as we should be honored to destroy civilization over this

Attack away
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:10:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Your response is irrational.

He is LITERALLY describing a scenario that is the complete opposite of the US playing "Team America: World Police"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is LITERALLY describing a scenario that is the complete opposite of the US playing "Team America: World Police"

Okay, keep supporting hyper aggressive foreign interventionism. Its really worked out super well.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:45:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:46:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok so now you're changing the argument.

Self defense is ALWAYS right. We aren't playing world police, we are enabling Ukraine to defend themselves. This is opposite of world police.
You can argue that we should allow Russia to end the existence of Ukraine, but you're not going to convince me that it's the moral thing to do.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:47:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Okay, keep supporting hyper aggressive foreign interventionism. Its really worked out super well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Defense is not hyper aggressive. The only hyper aggressive one is Russia
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:06:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I think he lost "credibility' when he was arrested for sex crimes against minors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This Ritter is putting his rep on the line. If he is wrong he is finished being credible.

I think he lost "credibility' when he was arrested for sex crimes against minors.

I would think that would qualify him to be in Biden's cabinet. Maybe if he wore a dress?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:30:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This Ritter is putting his rep on the line. If he is wrong he is finished being credible

Personally I do not see anything in any Russian behavior to suggest he is even close to being right but he certainly should know more about this than I

I do feel he is correct in that Russia thought they would easily stroll in without any planning and take Ukraine and Putin is now going to go all in and either he wins to the point of keeping the east and Crimea or he uses nukes.

I admit up front. I don't like Russia, they are orcs in truth and the suffering of innocent Ukrainians bugs the crap out of me but do I think getting Crimea back in Ukraine is worth global thermal nuclear war?
Hell no
Sorry, I know many even most here think Ukraine is worth America being nuked out of some way beyond my thinking why but nope
Let them keep Crimea and Ukraine not being a NATO member and our cities nuke free.
I know I am terrible for such blasphemy as we should be honored to destroy civilization over this

Attack away
View Quote
You mean this Scott Ritter? He already put his rep on the line. He's a kiddy diddling Kremlin asset, who's rep is already flushed down the shitter.

Russia will not nuke an American city. They may use a tactical one, but at some point you have to call a bully on their threats.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:41:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You mean this Scott Ritter? He already put his rep on the line. He's a kiddy diddling Kremlin asset, who's rep is already flushed down the shitter.

Russia will not nuke an American city. They may use a tactical one, but at some point you have to call a bully on their threats.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/45602/Screenshot__66__png-2536319.JPG

View Quote

I confess I have never heard of him and as I stated I see nothing from Russia that would back his claim Putin's latest call up and mobilization would change what I have seen from them

However, if Putin uses nukes we have a president who has constantly stated he will out one up what Putin does and that kind of leadership is how world wars are started

I am not one to think Ukraine is worth the end of civilization but I seem to be in a very small minority here on that point
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:50:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I confess I have never heard of him and as I stated I see nothing from Russia that would back his claim Putin's latest call up and mobilization would change what I have seen from them

However, if Putin uses nukes we have a president who has constantly stated he will out one up what Putin does and that kind of leadership is how world wars are started

I am not one to think Ukraine is worth the end of civilization but I seem to be in a very small minority here on that point
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/45602/Screenshot__66__png-2536319.JPG

I'm just politely letting you know that Ritter is a piece of shit

Actually, I think you are not in minority in thinking that Ukraine is not worth the end of civilization. Most people just understand that the likelihood of Putin starting a MAD type scenario is slim to none, so that's not really what's on the table.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:06:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who's Scott Ritter?

This Ritter is putting his rep on the line. If he is wrong he is finished being credible.

His sister is wild.  She told me things about her sexual history that left this simple country boy a little red-faced.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:13:57 PM EDT
[#31]
I will happily rescue a sexy Russian female refugee, but she's gonna be watched like a hawk until I find out just how trustworthy she is.

I look forward to the fall of Russia!

For posterity...

Duckduckgo img search said she's Russian. Lots of NSFW or GD pics there.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:21:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Let me guess how the referendum to join Russia will go. Voting will be done in person vocally

The local commissar, errr, I mean election official will line people up by 20 at a time and ask:
Who here is against joining the beloved motherland of Russia? One person steps forward and says I am against it.
The commissar pulls a Makorov shoots him in the head and then asks: Is there anyone else reluctant to vote to join Russia?
Low and behold it is a landslide and proof of the loyalty these peasants, errr I mean citizens have for their beloved Fuhrer, errr I mean leader Vlad the Terrible, errr I mean Vladimir Putin
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I will happily rescue a sexy Russian female refugee, but she's gonna be watched like a hawk until I find out just how trustworthy she is.

I look forward to the fall of Russia!

For posterity...
https://www.barnorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/russian_girls_11.jpg
Duckduckgo img search said she's Russian. Lots of NSFW or GD pics there.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Russia is an existential threat. They will continue expanding until forcibly stopped.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:12:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
-to-

Tell me about it!

Sure it is.   It's still self defense if you've got people invading your property shooting at you and you're shooting back w/ ammo your neighbor handed to you.

Bullshit. Are you less entitled to personal freedom if your neighbor rushes to your home to help you defend it?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:17:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ritter has not been credible in many years.

The minimal goals that I personally find acceptable is a demilitarized Crimea (hell, Turkish Crimea would work too) and a Ukraine that joins Eastern Europe and the Anglosphere in a new, western aligned Warsaw Pact.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:20:17 PM EDT
[#37]
I wish conservatives were as vocal about social security and medicaid spending as they are about this, for some purely coincidental I am sure, very specific defense spending.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:20:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'm just politely letting you know that Ritter is a piece of shit

Actually, I think you are not in minority in thinking that Ukraine is not worth the end of civilization. Most people just understand that the likelihood of Putin starting a MAD type scenario is slim to none, so that's not really what's on the table.
View Quote

Ukraine is certainly not worth the end of civilization. But it won’t be either. Russians want to see their children, their mistresses and their yachts again and therefore don’t want to die in a ball of nuclear flame any more than we do.

I would like to see more assurances made by the west that we want Russia to continue as a nation and be secure in its borders, and that Putin can retire to a country estate in a western nation, if he does so willingly and soon.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:21:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I wish conservatives were as vocal about social security and medicaid spending as they are about this, for some purely coincidental I am sure, very specific defense spending.
View Quote

The Inflation Creation Act threads don’t go nearly as long and that bill doesn’t even crush the Russian military.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:22:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

So when do we stop being on the hook for the "self defense" of other nation States? Because if we keep footing the bill, they essentially become satellite States of the US. It would be ridiculous to suggest that continued financial support doesn't come with conditions
View Quote

We aren’t on the hook for the defense of nations outside of a relatively small number of allies to whom we have explicitly bound ourselves. We CHOOSE other alliances.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:50:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well technically this time it is Team America "gun store". Team America World Police implies American troops are fighting. So... different this time. We will see how it works out!
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:59:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Did you meanies chase off Oswald[#?]....aka Osvaldovich already?

It was getting spicy, but Cincinnatus hasn't yet mastered the house cat technique of letting a mouse squirm a bit while pretending to ignore it.

Either way, I was enjoying the return of Primorsky (or was it supposed to be Primorski?).

What up, dog???  It has been forever since we had the Kremlin up in this bitch.

Good times, people.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 5:02:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It was getting spicy, but Cincinnatus hasn't yet mastered the house cat technique of letting a mouse squirm a bit while pretending to ignore it.

Either way, I was enjoying the return of Primorsky (or was it supposed to be Primorski?).

Good times, people.
View Quote

He got his mobilization letter
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 5:42:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good times, people.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:48:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ah crap.

I admit to being selfish, but I want him to survive the coming doom in order to crawl out from the rubble and post glorious posts of a fresh propaganda dawn.

Hope springs eternal?  Sure, but the Russkies I knew were more sanguine:

Hope is the last to die.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:41:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Or creating a new account so the KGB doesn't find him.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 4:01:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Sounds like the Grand Finale is approaching more quickly than expected.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 4:06:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Sounds like the Grand Finale is approaching more quickly than expected.
View Quote

How will you take a Russian loss?

Dudes are being mobilized with no prior military experience and being captured/killed within days of arrival
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 7:12:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

How will you take a Russian loss?

Dudes are being mobilized with no prior military experience and being captured/killed within days of arrival
View Quote

Great question

@TheResurrector
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top