Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2020 11:37:51 PM EDT
Can we possibly get a wiki post that goes under OPs post? I’m thinking along the lines of these 500 page crisis of the month threads where everyone’s constantly posting links/pics/updates and it all gets buried in the pages and someone dropping in 10 min later asks for same info. Turns unorganized and repetitive.  So this wiki post goes under the OP and is editable by everyone. New images and happenings can be added to it and if someone drops in they can get caught up real quick. I’d say have wiki post as a default off option while posting a new thread.   If you want an example, Slickdeals.net does it well although their new UI doesn’t make it a super simple comparison to these forums.  It has the deal posting (which would be op) and below that there’s author info etc and then Community Wiki. So if I found a better deal or a coupon to stack with the OP, I’d throw it in the wiki so it’s at the top and first page so everyone can easily see it without digging 87 pages into a post.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 2:49:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 2:26:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe it only turns on after the thread reaches 5 pages?
Only certain accounts can edit? Paid memberships, and 5+ years, for example?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top