Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/27/2022 9:16:50 AM EDT
The abortion debate is central to the next election at this time.

A portion of America wants abortion, a portion doesn't, and a larger portion does not care.  

Should abortion be legal and allowed?  Why?

Should abortion be banned? Why?

If abortion is allowed, to how many weeks?  Why?

If you think abortion is ok, how about partial birth abortion?

Should abortion be a federal or state issue? Why?

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:28:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Abortion should be banned after 1040 weeks.

It would be funny if someone brought a very late term pregnant woman to an abortion clinic in a state where post birth abortion was allowed with a hidden camera and had her ask about it. Then have her say she needs to think about it but will be back tomorrow.

The next day bring in a teenager and have her ask about aborting him. Say shit like I'm trying to start a new family and I never wanted him anyway. It's just inconvenient to keep him and he's a constant reminder of my failed relationship with his father. Even say stuff like he's not even smart enough to know what we're talking about.

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:28:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I dunno ask the baby.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:31:47 AM EDT
[#3]
From conception to birth there is no time that life is not present.  The parents have life.  The ovum & sperm have life.  At every stage of development of the embryo there is life.  At birth there is life.  As far as women's choice with her body,  she made her choice when she pulled her pants down.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:32:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Put Em Down - Cyanide & Happiness Shorts
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:32:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:35:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Legally, I would set the limit with first fetal brain activity.  Approximately seven weeks.  I view human life as beginning and ending with brain activity.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:35:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Always the ones who weren't aborted that want it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:36:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Literally no one will be convinced either way in this thread.

I think abortion is fine until just about the end of the second trimester. Then it should be reserved for cases of health of the mother, severe mental/physical deformities, still births/non-viability, etc..
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:38:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From conception to birth there is no time that life is not present.  The parents have life.  The ovum & sperm have life.  At every stage of development of the embryo there is life.  At birth there is life.  As far as women's choice with her body,  she made her choice when she pulled her pants down.
View Quote

There's life in a lobotomized coma patient and life in a used condom. But is there a person or at least a mind? Not so much. That's the line which matters, IMO.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:46:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There's life in a lobotomized coma patient and life in a used condom. But is there a person or at least a mind? Not so much. That's the line which matters, IMO.
View Quote

The potential of sentience is the difference there.

That's the line drawn by Ben Shapiro and I can't personally find fault in his argument.

Conception is the best line to draw in the sand.

My opinion. Which is worth what you paid for it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:47:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Legally, I would set the limit with first fetal brain activity.  Approximately seven weeks.  I view human life as beginning and ending with brain activity.
View Quote

I’d support that.

But hey, I’m just a guy.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:49:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I myself would never want any female I'm involved with or related to, too have an abortion.  Especially not one for birth control reason.  No way.
Now for rape, medical or some other legit health reason, I'm open to think/discus, just not for birth control.

I'm so tired of the nasty wenches that I see posting on FB or writing on the windows of their cars in support of this.
I'm to the point where I think, eh, it mostly reduces future liberal and dem voters, so Fvckit.  Who cares.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:50:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Fetal Heartbeats Fake. Stacey Abrams says so.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:54:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Abortion is not birth control.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:55:06 AM EDT
[#15]
I dunno, as a whole I think government control over anything is a bad thing but there are some real head scratchers for me.

If some 14 year old girl gets raped by her uncle Eddie I don't really understand the arguement for not letting her have an abortion if she wants it.
Rape, incest, and she isnt even an adult. How could she provide?

Or if a 19 year old college freshman gets attacked and gang raped by 3 meth heads on the street? should she be forced to become a parent because of someone elses ill intent?
She's a college student and likely does not have a job or if she does its minimum wage.

So do you give them free hand outs to help them along or say tough luck, get by however you can.

Now if some girl is just voluntarily sleeping around a bunch and happens to get pregnant because she is being careless I dont really agree with having an abortion. You knew the risks and did it anyway at your own accord.
At the same time if she is being that careless how careless would she be raising a child and how would that kid turn out?

The reality is regardless of what we think people are going to do what they are going to do anyway whether there is a formal way to do things or not.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:56:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Abortion during the first trimester should be allowed  IMO.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:58:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Should we legalize murder?  If so, under what circumstances? (Murder, not manslaughter).
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:59:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Always the ones who weren't aborted that want it.
View Quote

Baby killers.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:59:55 AM EDT
[#19]
It's murder.

The law should protect the innocent or those unable to advocate for themselves.

A person should not be forced to forfeit their life to pay for the careless decision/acts of another.

There are viable alternatives.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:00:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I dunno, as a whole I think government control over anything is a bad thing but there are some real head scratchers for me.

If some 14 year old girl gets raped by her uncle Eddie I don't really understand the arguement for not letting her have an abortion if she wants it.
Rape, incest, and she isnt even an adult. How could she provide?

Or if a 19 year old college freshman gets attacked and gang raped by 3 meth heads on the street? should she be forced to become a parent because of someone elses ill intent?
She's a college student and likely does not have a job or if she does its minimum wage.

So do you give them free hand outs to help them along or say tough luck, get by however you can.

Now if some girl is just voluntarily sleeping around a bunch and happens to get pregnant because she is being careless I dont really agree with having an abortion. You knew the risks and did it anyway at your own accord.
At the same time if she is being that careless how careless would she be raising a child and how would that kid turn out?

The reality is regardless of what we think people are going to do what they are going to do anyway whether there is a formal way to do things or not.
View Quote

This is the issue. Everyone (both sides) gets hung up on the 0.3% of abortions that this pertains to (rape/incest/health of mother).

Let's first agree on the 99.7% and then we can chat exceptions later.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:01:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:02:19 AM EDT
[#22]
At the time of Roe V. Wade, it was an understanding that abortion would be "rare" and "ok" in specific situations.  The left's desire to push to kill the unborn up until birth in all situations is what led to Roe V. Wade being over-turned. IMO, the majority of abortions is a matter of a woman "getting rid" of a life as it inconvenient and/or unwanted at the time.  Abortion is these cases should not be ok.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:03:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Abortion is genocide. Just ask the early proponents what their thoughts were on inferior races.

“We don’t want the word to get out that we want to exterminate the Negro population.”

-Margaret Sanger
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:04:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Doesn’t that seem somewhat arbitrary?  Detection of brain activity is a very recent development when looked at in the grand scheme of things.  What if at some point medical technology advances to the point that brain activity is detectable at 4 weeks?

Does the “approximately” part cause you any concern?
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:04:50 AM EDT
[#25]
If the woman had to flip a coin to see which one of them; her or the baby, get's to leave alive, that would cut the business way down.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#26]
killing a baby is not birth control.

Keeping your dick in your pants and keeping the woman on birth control is birth control
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:05:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Abortion is to women what total freedom is to a man, the ultimate ability to make it so you can get the best of the opposite sex.

Women control politics in the US as they are more numerous & politically active. Since the 19th Amendment have men seen their freedom restricted for the benefit of women?

Now they want to kill unborn babies for convenience & to maximize their chance of being seen as desirable to an ever better man with resources, genetics, & social status.

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:06:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Some people shouldn't be trusted to raise a puppy, much less a human.
Many of these people fall into the "pro-abortion" group.
Strangely, I'm okay with that.
There are no simple answers.

ETA "Abortion is murder" in the truest sense. Babies can't defend themselves and have no voice.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:09:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I dunno ask the baby.
View Quote

Twenty plus types of birth control and these fucks are focused on killing children as their method.

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:25:03 AM EDT
[#30]
All abortion should be illegal, that includes the extremely rare instances of incess and rape.

It's either killing a baby or its not. You can't argue that killing a baby is wrong normally but that it's okay if someone was raped.

Abortion is murdering a baby. It's that simple.

If you disagree with me, I absolutely DARE you to go to youtube and watch an abortion. If you don't have a sick feeling in your stomach something is wrong with you. That sick feeling is telling you the answer to OPs question.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#31]
The Democrats voted for the Women's Health Protection Act which would allow abortions up to 9 months, a position supported by only about 10% of the public.  Lindsey Graham's bill would allow abortions up to 15 weeks, a position supported by overwhelming public opinion in the US and the standard in many European countries.  Which party is the extremist on abortion?
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:27:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Doesn't that seem somewhat arbitrary?  Detection of brain activity is a very recent development when looked at in the grand scheme of things.  What if at some point medical technology advances to the point that brain activity is detectable at 4 weeks?

Does the "approximately" part cause you any concern?
View Quote

I'm fine with bumping the restriction back a couple weeks.  I'm not fine with it going later.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:31:34 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm not really pro abortion, but I also can't tell a rape victim, or a woman who might have a baby with severe disabilities to give birth

but I also realize it would cut down on the liberal population because that's who wants them on demand
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:39:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This is the issue. Everyone (both sides) gets hung up on the 0.3% of abortions that this pertains to (rape/incest/health of mother).

Let's first agree on the 99.7% and then we can chat exceptions later.
View Quote

Oh yea for sure.

If your being a floozy sleeping around and want an abortion as a form of birth control, sorry but that's not right.
At this point in everyones lives you can take precautions - but even then you still accept the risk that nothing is 100% effective.

when you tango you are taking a chance. it's just the way it is.  

On to the rest of it

If you are getting one because you are claiming rape or incest for an abortion

1. there needs to be an official report filed on the incident as soon as possible
2. charges filed on the attacker and DNA collected from the incident and attacker (provided they arent at large)
3. criminal penalties
4. in the event a false police report was filed just because you wanted an abortion - jail time.

For the health reasons I get it there as well.

for me I say if proceeding has a real chance of killing the mother (doctor's words) then its ok.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#35]
My opinions have crystallized on this in the last year and I now think the only consistent position I can take is that all abortion should be banned.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:42:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'm fine with bumping the restriction back a couple weeks.  I'm not fine with it going later.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Doesn't that seem somewhat arbitrary?  Detection of brain activity is a very recent development when looked at in the grand scheme of things.  What if at some point medical technology advances to the point that brain activity is detectable at 4 weeks?

Does the "approximately" part cause you any concern?

I guess that’s what I’m getting at.  If the current technology can detect brain activity at 7 weeks, but a hypothetical future technology was able to detect some activity at 4 weeks, what were the babies that were aborted between 4 and 7 weeks before the technology made earlier detection possible?  You wouldn’t have to go back very far to get to the time that detection of brain activity wasn’t possible at all.  

I respect other opinions, but naturally I have my own and try to make my points on them when I can.  In my opinion, drawing the line anywhere other than at conception is arbitrary, and subject to change for numerous reasons.  If there is even a chance that they are human babies, I don’t think we should kill them for any reason.  The stakes are just too high to take chances.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:43:02 AM EDT
[#37]
killing babies is bad,  but it's probably best left between you and your god.

that being said, hurting tiny innocent beings, whether they are people or kittens is fucking abhorrent.

So I think abortion should not be legal after the baby develops nerves and can feel. So whenever that is.

Unless there are other factors like health of the mother,  fetus has gone sideways or something (My sis in law had a baby that literally never developed a brain.  it had a lower brain stem but literally no brain, just water. )

But even then, no just ripping it apart in utero like libs like to do.  Gently euthanize it like you would any pet, and remove it.  You can terminate a pregnancy without tearing a baby apart limb from limb in screaming pain.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:53:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Moloch or Baal approved!
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
My opinions have crystallized on this in the last year and I now think the only consistent position I can take is that all abortion should be banned.
View Quote

I was pro choice until I met my wife. She is a biology professor and we had a loooong talk about abortion. She proceeded to absolutely destroy every argument I had for why abortion wasn't so bad.

So here I am now, entirely against all forms of abortion.

But unlike most people, I actually do shit like contribute and fundraise for pregnancy centers that help women make the decision to keep the baby.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:59:06 AM EDT
[#40]

Up till 18 years old should about do it
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:00:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Moloch or Baal approved!
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:03:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Do you realize how many sperm I've murdered of this is the case?
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:03:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Killing innocent humans because their existence is inconvenient to others should not be legal.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:05:39 AM EDT
[#44]
I used to be staunchly pro life.

But the last few years have made we wonder how better off we’d be if certain people never came to be.

I know. I’m going to Hell. I was going anyway, may as well go full throttle.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:05:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Never understood the right’s aversion to abortion.  

The people that want and get abortions are exactly the type of people we don’t want reproducing.  Legal abortions are a win for both sides.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:07:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Never understood the right's aversion to abortion.  

The people that want and get abortions are exactly the type of people we don't want reproducing.  Legal abortions are a win for both sides.
View Quote
If I wanted the people dead who I disagree with the world would be a much much smaller place.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I guess that's what I'm getting at.  If the current technology can detect brain activity at 7 weeks, but a hypothetical future technology was able to detect some activity at 4 weeks, what were the babies that were aborted between 4 and 7 weeks before the technology made earlier detection possible?  You wouldn't have to go back very far to get to the time that detection of brain activity wasn't possible at all.  

I respect other opinions, but naturally I have my own and try to make my points on them when I can.  In my opinion, drawing the line anywhere other than at conception is arbitrary, and subject to change for numerous reasons.  If there is even a chance that they are human babies, I don't think we should kill them for any reason.  The stakes are just too high to take chances.  
View Quote
Babies take time to develop. 7 weeks is pretty early in that timeline. The entire fetus is about 1/3rd of an inch long. It's roughly the point neurons begin to form. If you have no brain cells, you don't exist as a person.

You really can't back it up three weeks and expect to be able to detect brain waves at some future point because there are no brain cells to detect brain waves from.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:09:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Do you realize how many sperm I've murdered of this is the case?
View Quote

Actually sperm is not considered a living organism.

To be considered a living organisms there must be growth, reproduction, and response to external environments (at a minimum). Sperm do not meet those criteria.

When the sperm combines with the egg they then form a living organism.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:09:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The people that want and get abortions are exactly the type of people we don’t want reproducing.  Legal abortions are a win for both sides.
View Quote

Yay, let's kill all democrats!
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:11:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

While I might prefer that they didn’t reproduce, I don’t want to kill their children, and I don’t want them to kill them either.  Not everything is politics.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top