Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2021 10:19:50 AM EDT
Why does the search function return threads marked sold/closed (using the EE post control tool) in the results?

Suggestion: Just like shopping on a website that has a button to hide out of stock items, there should be a button or option to exclude sold/closed threads from search results.

It’s very annoying when searching for something specific only to have 80% of the thread search returns end up being “closed” sale threads. I’m specifically looking for a DD 11.5”, DD 16” midlength, or a Colt 14.5”/16” and going out of mind every time I click on a thread and it’s already sold... I get it, they’re popular and get snapped up quick.  But I don’t care about unavailable sale threads.

And understand not all threads get marked sold/closed when the seller just writes sold next to items inthe post... and there’s nothing that can be done about those threads without mods going through sold threads and marking them closed/sold through the EE tools. But most threads I’m clicking on ARE marked closed/sold through the EE tool.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 10:28:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Indeed
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 11:56:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 4:42:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
New EE will not have this issue. I'll look at filtering them out of current EE as well.
View Quote

Awesome.

Also, automatically filtering them out is probably not advisable either in case someone has a reason to specifically look for competed sale threads.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 7:40:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top