BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:00:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Taliban, been chasing the goat fuckers for almost 20 years now and for what?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was in Afghanistan shortly after Snowden’s defection and disclosure. His actions significantly affected our ability to get after the Taliban.

He disclosed shit tons of classified info not related to domestic collection to our main adversaries; China and Russia.

Snowden is a traitor; anything else is noise.

The Taliban, been chasing the goat fuckers for almost 20 years now and for what?

I don't make foreign policy, I just carry it out.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:03:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Question:

A) Should we consider EVERYTHING he took (plans, capabilities, sources and methods) to now be "compromised"?

B) should we trust that Snowden did not reveal any of those things to Russia, China and others?

View Quote

Though I entirely understand your points and I believe them to be valid, they're not weighing what Snowden did in its entirety.

It's a matter of where one places the greatest weight of what he did. I agree that fleeing to Russia directly compromises the data (and associated people) he took off with. The damage and harm that caused was likely very significant.

That said, when you have US intelligence betraying its own citizens in wildly broad, illegal and unconstitutional ways, would it be better for America and all Americans to live under such terms via complete ignorance? I certainly don't consider Snowden a saint by any means.....but it's extremely difficult if not impossible to separate the facts he revealed that affect ALL Americans.

I'll use a quote from the cinematic classic The Wrath of Khan. "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

Not in some commie collectivist sense, but generations of the American people as a whole. The NSA turned its apparatus of espionage on to its own citizens. I personally put a tremendous amount of weight and value in providing the people of this country with an understanding of such extraordinary betrayal.

This does not negate the damage his revelations caused to many people who share no responsibility for what the NSA does domestically. Nor does it in anyway justify the scope of what he released, which in some cases simply exposed field operations and methods used for National security. That can not ever be ignored or excused.

In turn, what also can not be ignored or excused is when every American citizen has been lied to and betrayed by those we have entrusted to protect us. My point being that damage is assessed differently based on ones priorities.

Snowden should have revealed the NSA and all other domestic betrayals leveraged against American citizens and had he done that alone, I'd consider him a hero. What he did however, caused severe damage in other areas which was not necessary, harmed innocent people, damaged national security to some extent and is unforgivable.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:12:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Not really, David Petraeus told people what was going in open testimony before Congress (granted he didn't use classified materiel). Snowden could have gone public to the NYT or WaPo. He could have had the same balls as Daniel Ellsburg. He could have fled the US without the computer data instead of handing it off to the Russians and Chinese.

How much of what Assange does is a disinformation operation? Why do people cheer a foreign intelligence operative?
View Quote
Hahahahahahahahahaha...........
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:13:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:20:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Because it wasn't them or anyone they knew that got disappeared by foreign agents.
View Quote

I would trade every foreign asset into disappeared land for our government to follow and respect the Constitution with respect to the citizenry.  I'd shoot the motherfuckers in the head myself if I knew the outcome would be a federal government that respects the citizens.

Snowden's failure was not understanding that our IC literally controls all of our mass media and nothing he could do would ever be able to overcome that.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:24:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I was in Afghanistan shortly after Snowden’s defection and disclosure. His actions significantly affected our ability to get after the Taliban.
View Quote

And there's the problem: You prioritized your war as being more important than anything else in our nation - like, you know, not having systemic corruption. In short, you had tunnel vision.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:27:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Assange is a Russian agent.*snip*.
View Quote

You sound just like the MSM and the rest of the leftists
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:28:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Assange, Snowden and Ross Ulbricht are truly heroes.  You gotta still be on the short bus to think otherwise.  Not even worth wasting oxygen arguing it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:32:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The video I saw did not actually include that part.  That makes me less sympathetic to the journalist, but to my knowledge that doesn't change the legal matter: In the video that I did watch, they were aware that it was a noncombatant and had time to assess their decision, which they made quite deliberately.
View Quote

Your impression of what happened is wrong. If you'll bother to watch the unedited video, or even read the transcript, you'll see that the Apache received permission to engage an armed group of men who were peeking around a corner at US ground forces. If you'd go even farther and read the US investigation of the event, you'd find annotated screen captures from the video showing that the Apache pilots had mistaken the camera equipment carried by the journalists as more weapons. Fun fact: Wikileaks only had the video because a copy of it was retained in the JAG investigation file, which is where they found it. Your false belief that the Apache deliberately engaged journalists was created by Wikileaks' anti-American propaganda.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:32:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If a mass murderer ate babies, as long as they were Antifa babies ARFCOM would be good with it.
View Quote

If an ARFcom member made insanely hyperbolic comparisons, we'd probably be used to it, because....that's what ARFcom does.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:33:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Question:

A) Should we consider EVERYTHING he took (plans, capabilities, sources and methods) to now be “compromised”?

B) should we trust that Snowden did not reveal any of those things to Russia, China and others?

View Quote

These are rhetorical questions......right?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:34:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Assange, Snowden and Ross Ulbricht are truly heroes.  You gotta still be on the short bus to think otherwise.  Not even worth wasting oxygen arguing it.
View Quote

What do you find heroic about Assange's editing of gun camera footage in order to create anti-American propaganda?

How was Snowden releasing info about US spying in China to Chinese government tied journalists heroic?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:35:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If an ARFcom member made insanely hyperbolic comparisons, we'd probably be used to it, because....that's what ARFcom does.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If a mass murderer ate babies, as long as they were Antifa babies ARFCOM would be good with it.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:35:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:36:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What do you find heroic about Assange's editing of gun camera footage in order to create anti-American propaganda?

How was Snowden releasing info about US spying in China to Chinese government tied journalists heroic?
View Quote

Was the full video released and explained by the US government prior to WikiLeaks release or was it kept on the DL?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:41:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:44:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:46:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Was the full video released and explained by the US government prior to WikiLeaks release or was it kept on the DL?
View Quote

Why would the full video have been released? Do you think the US military is obliged to release every bit of combat data it gathers?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:49:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Repeating Assange's lies won't make them true. The unedited version of the video pretty clearly shows that the journalists in question were embedded with insurgents who were actively engaging US forces when they were engaged by the Apache. Accidentally killing journalists embedded with terrorists is in no way the same thing as deliberately murdering a journalist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Originally Posted By @PatrickHangry:
Manning was the one who broke the law leaking the video, but you know what?  He released a video of the military deliberating murdering a journalist from a helicopter.  That's a crime, and if the system is not going to hold itself accountable, someone else might.

Repeating Assange's lies won't make them true. The unedited version of the video pretty clearly shows that the journalists in question were embedded with insurgents who were actively engaging US forces when they were engaged by the Apache. Accidentally killing journalists embedded with terrorists is in no way the same thing as deliberately murdering a journalist.

Thank you.  You saved me from having to post this.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:52:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That’s not true.  I’ve posted this, on multiple occasions.  Here’s what Snowden pledged:

I, Edward Snowden, swear that, by taking the citizenship of the Russian Federation, I will observe the Constitution and laws of the Russian Federation, and the rights and freedoms of its citizens; that I shall fulfill my duties as a citizen of the Russian Federation for the welfare of the state and society; that I will protect the freedom and independence of the Russian Federation; and that I will be loyal to Russia and respect its culture, history and traditions.

View Quote

That certainly doesn't make him an agent of Russia when he fled to Russia.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:53:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Why do you suppose Assange, in his role as the Hero and Protector of Free Speech, never finds fault with Russia, and never acquires and/or leaks information that is damaging to Russia?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do you suppose Assange, in his role as the Hero and Protector of Free Speech, never finds fault with Russia, and never acquires and/or leaks information that is damaging to Russia?

You could just answer the question instead of trying to play the "look over there" game.  I don't give a shit about Assange.  Did the US government hide the Apache shooting the Journalists or put it out in public in whole and explain their mistakes?  

No is a whole lot less typing than your propagandized dribble.  Do you get paid by the letter or something?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:55:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

lol

Pledging his loyalty to Russia is not proof that he has pledged his loyalty to Russia?
View Quote

It's not proof that he began as a Russian agent.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:56:46 AM EDT
[#23]
They have statues of Benedict Arnold in their closets.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:59:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You could just answer the question instead of trying to play the "look over there" game.  I don't give a shit about Assange.  Did the US government hide the Apache shooting the Journalists or put it out in public in whole and explain their mistakes?  

No is a whole lot less typing than your propagandized dribble.  Do you get paid by the letter or something?
View Quote

The US military told the public literally the day that it happened that two journalists were killed along with 9 insurgents. What mistakes do you believe they made?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:01:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Common sense pretty well takes care of that. When someone flees the US, ends up in Russia, and releases a ton of information thats totally unrelated to US domestic spying, he's probably not a US patriot.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:01:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Does it matter when a hooker made her first dollar?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:02:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Why would the full video have been released? Do you think the US military is obliged to release every bit of combat data it gathers?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, no.  

I'm not surprised it could be interpreted differently if it had never been officially released and explained.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:03:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The US military told the public literally the day that it happened that two journalists were killed along with 9 insurgents. What mistakes do you believe they made?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You just said they mistook the camera gear for weapons.  YOU SAID THAT YOURSELF UP THREAD.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:04:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:07:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The full video was neither hidden nor put out publicly because it was just an incident 5hat happened in a war zone.   Wikileaks actually put both the full version  and their edited version on their website at the same time.   The much shorter, edited version got the most views because people are stupid and have short attention spans.   Watch the full version and the edited version and you will, if you have any sort of right and wrong, feel stupid and used because you fell for the propaganda.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:07:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Does it matter when a hooker made her first dollar?
View Quote

Let's get to Hunter and Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton Bill Clinton, Clapper, Brennan, and Dianne Feinstein, and then we'll worry about punishing Snowden

Oh I forgot Swalwell, and a few others I'm sure.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:08:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You just said they mistook the camera gear for weapons.  YOU SAID THAT YOURSELF UP THREAD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, is that all? Why do you think that small, incidental mistake should have been explained to the public? The decision to engage the insurgent group that contained the journalists was fully justified by all the actual weapons they were carrying. Do you think the military was going to put on a big presentation in order to say "we were fully justified in everything we did, but one of our guys was mistaken in something he said during the fully justified things he was doing"?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:12:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Let's get to Hunter and Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton Bill Clinton, Clapper, Brennan, and Dianne Feinstein, and then we'll worry about punishing Snowden

View Quote

Well Trump didn't pardon them either.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:18:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Oh, is that all? Why do you think that small, incidental mistake should have been explained to the public? The decision to engage the insurgent group that contained the journalists was fully justified by all the actual weapons they were carrying. Do you think the military was going to put on a big presentation in order to say "we were fully justified in everything we did, but one of our guys was mistaken in something he said during the fully justified things he was doing"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two words.  Pat Tillman.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Well Trump didn't pardon them either.
View Quote

I was talking punishment. If people think Snowden needs to be punished, let's get to those other traitors first.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:23:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

You running for office? I'll vote for you. Need to add Pelosi, Obama, Comey & Co.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:26:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Two words.  Pat Tillman.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two words.  Pat Tillman.

So you're not going to actually discuss the incident? That's cool I guess. I can understand how it might be hard for your worldview to actually think about it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:26:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I was talking punishment. If people think Snowden needs to be punished, let's get to those other traitors first.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:34:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Assange is perhaps the world’s greatest advocate for free speech and freedom of the press.

Snowden exposed unbelievable criminality and abuse of citizens’ rights at the hands of their own government. Whatever else you might say of him, that outweighs it IMO.

Stop blaming everything on Russia, you sound like a goddamn democrat.

INB4 Josh yells at us to read the HPSCI report in Snowden? Because I have, it’s garbage, just like every disgusting swamp creature in Washington.
View Quote

Assange was fighting the deep state for us and dodging bullets.  HRC wanted him Arkancided.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:40:06 AM EDT
[#40]
If the russian spying lie is repeating often enough, I guess many people see russian spying at every other corner.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:42:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Assange is a Russian agent. Snowden is a spy for a foreign power. Neither of these guys are heroes.
View Quote

Because a lot of arfcommers are fucktarded potheads without a braincell left to their name. And they’re gullible as fuck.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:09:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Because a lot of arfcommers are fucktarded potheads without a braincell left to their name. And they're gullible as fuck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Assange is a Russian agent. Snowden is a spy for a foreign power. Neither of these guys are heroes.

Because a lot of arfcommers are fucktarded potheads without a braincell left to their name. And they're gullible as fuck.

Thank god the smartest person in the room showed up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:12:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

He's a punk and a chump. He was likely played by an entrenched agent and used as a bagman for a higher placed mole. He probably regrets every day of his life sitting in Russia. I hope he ends up as miserable as Kim Philby.
View Quote

"Though Philby claimed publicly in January 1988 that he did not regret his decisions and that he missed nothing about England except some friends, Colman's mustard, and Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce,[79] his wife Rufina Ivanovna Pukhova later described Philby as "disappointed in many ways" by what he found in Moscow. "He saw people suffering too much," but he consoled himself by arguing that "the ideals were right but the way they were carried out was wrong. The fault lay with the people in charge."[10] Pukhova said, "he was struck by disappointment, brought to tears. He said, 'Why do old people live so badly here? After all, they won the war.'"[80] Philby drank heavily and suffered from loneliness and depression; according to Rufina, he had attempted suicide by slashing his wrists sometime in the 1960s.[81]"

its never real communism LOL
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:14:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Dread pirate roberts should not be in prison for life.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:14:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Heroes of the people. Traitors to the establishment. Simple as.

Don't forget Ulbricht either.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If a mass murderer ate babies, as long as they were Antifa babies ARFCOM GD would be good with it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:21:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

And there's the problem: You prioritized your war as being more important than anything else in our nation - like, you know, not having systemic corruption. In short, you had tunnel vision.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snowden could have just blown the whistle on that program; but he did far, far, more.

It appears as if he positioned himself, even turning down a job offer, to retain the access that he had to data related to our biggest rivals; Russia and China.

He then collected gigabytes of data and exfilled it from his job location.

He then got onto a plane for China and met with Chinese intelligence officials and provided them with lots of classified information. If personal privacy was of such concern to him then why did he go to China?

Then he got on a plane to Russia. There he met with Russian intelligence officials and provided them with lots of classified information. If personal privacy was of such a concern to him then why did he go to Russia?

If he had just blown the whistle on the program targeting Americans within the whistleblower program the conversation would be different. But he didn't.

If he had just blown the whistle on the program targeting Americans to the media the conversation would be different. But he didn't.

If he had just fled the country and blown the whistle on the program targeting Americans the conversation would be different. But he didn't.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:22:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Because they revealed crimes committed against all of us.
View Quote

100%
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:32:30 PM EDT
[#49]
GD sucking Snowden's cock again I see.   Why does GD consistently choose the biggest shitbirds on the planet and elevate them as heroes?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:39:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Had Snowden limited his revelations to domestic violations, his crimes may have deserved some limited sympathy and mitigation.  But, providing our enemies with our intelligence secrets, was not merely a betrayal, but simple treason and espionage.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top