Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2021 8:45:42 PM EDT
I got pressured into doing this super big in depth executive health program physical. Day 1 of 4, and I am fucking over it.
Why do we have to fight the circle of life so fucking hard?
I canceled my colonoscopy for tomorrow because I sat in the pharmacy for 2 hours waiting for them to bag up the bottles of shit I’m supposed to drink that will make me shit my guts out all night. I finally just left and canceled it. Fuck them.
And I’m not signing the paper that says they can talk to my wife about my stuff. She doesn’t need any more nagging fuel, she’s a cold fusion Tesla at that shit.

Tempted to just cancel the rest of it. They got my blood work, and that was fine. He shoved his finger up my ass, and that was fine. If I die, I die. LeAve me the fuck alone.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 8:53:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn right!
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 8:55:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Colon cancer is a really, really bad way to go.  There's nothing graceful about it.

Get your colonoscopy.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 10:50:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Wait till you get old.  My doctor recommended I don't
get the PSA (prostate cancer blood test) because they
don't know what to do if it's elevated.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:11:00 PM EDT
[#4]
There is a home test. Google it because I don't remember the name of it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:20:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is a home test. Google it because I don't remember the name of it.
View Quote

Cologard - TV commercials constantly……

Get the damn test - the prep isn’t that bad. Did one at the end of October. Good friend is going thru chemo right now for colon cancer at 49 y/o.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:22:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:24:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Get the test. A  colonoscopy is easy. Better than getting colon cancer surviving it and having a colostomy bag attached for the rest of your life.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:29:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Just did my colonoscopy at the suggestion of a fellow arfcommer. Glad I did. Removed two precancerous polyps.

My wife and 19yr old kid had one this year and because they did it I felt i should. Nurse told me I would have "twilight" anesthesia and I sat up and asked for my shoes and the IV to be pulled out because fuck that

Told the doc they better knock my ass out or I was gone. He said the guy that does that job was off that day so it was a mild sedative instead. My BP was 195 over 120 before he told me about this, I bet it was way worse after. After an hour to calm down I said lets do it. Guy hit me with 4 shots of whatever and I woke up 13 hours later
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:37:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I've done this.  But it was for a large insurance policy.  An insurance company would crazy not to require it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:51:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Colon cancer is a really, really bad way to go.  There's nothing graceful about it.

Get your colonoscopy.
View Quote

I watched someone fight it from very close up.

Get the colonoscopy.

You do NOT want to find out what it's like to have that kind of cancer.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:51:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:03:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

In my experience, people who say that when they are healthy, sometimes REALLY regret it when they are actually dying.

Not an attack  - you do your thing.  Just an observation.
View Quote

Yeah this. Don't disregard your health.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:13:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I’ve had colonoscopies.  

The prep sucks.

The propofol is wonderful.  If there’s no propofol, I’m not doing it.

The farting afterwards is EPIC and AMAZING.  Totally worth the price of admission … although my wife did NOT enjoy the ride home as much as I did.  
View Quote

That only counts if you pulled the fuses for the power windows first.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:15:10 AM EDT
[#14]
You're old OP, get used to it and go to the doctor. I'm only in my 30s and I'm already having all sorts of problems.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:27:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

In my experience, people who say that when they are healthy, sometimes REALLY regret it when they are actually dying.

View Quote

My sister is an RN, can confirm all the old people "just want to die in peace"  until they are actually dying and realize how bad it sucks then they want back in the hospital they demanded to be out of and signed against medical advice papers to do so (AMA)
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:30:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:51:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Double spoiler alert:

Life really sucks for some people before they do because they didn't pay attention.

mumble mumble pareto mumble grumble...
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:54:46 AM EDT
[#18]
So the finger was fine, but waiting a few minutes at the pharmacy put you over the edge?
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:04:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I find people are surprised that dying slow sucks.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:38:39 AM EDT
[#20]
this reminds me I have a box to shit in
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:52:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Wait till you get old.  My doctor recommended I don't
get the PSA (prostate cancer blood test) because they
don't know what to do if it's elevated.
View Quote

This is pretty much true.

Went to my urologist to look Into an uptick in PSA had my but probed two different times by men with big hands to test normal second test.

Then find out that the spike was probably because I spent the weekend on a riding mower before the first test.

Dr told me that about 80% of men will die "with" but not "from" prostate cancer.

Did not recommend further scrutiny at that time.

Gettin old ain't for pussies, that's for sure.

You young guys better enjoy your youth because age makes almost everything harder.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 3:00:16 AM EDT
[#22]
If they see cancer early they can treat it beforw it gets worse.  

Wait and allow it to grow, you'll become another statistic.  And people will reference you in their cancer talks about why its a good idea to have it done early.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 3:02:27 AM EDT
[#23]
You young guys better enjoy your youth because age makes almost everything harder.
View Quote

When I was 25 my shit was soft, and my dick was hard…
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 3:02:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I’ve had colonoscopies.  

The prep sucks.

The propofol is wonderful.  If there’s no propofol, I’m not doing it.

The farting afterwards is EPIC and AMAZING.  Totally worth the price of admission … although my wife did NOT enjoy the ride home as much as I did.  
View Quote

I can only imagine. Windows down and fan on.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 3:07:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Get your colonoscopy.
View Quote

My friend is 46 and shits in a bag. You aren't wrong.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 3:08:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Yea exams aren't fun. My Dr.'s son is an NBA player. You can do the math.

O
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 4:33:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Get it done OP.  I have my followup visit with the doctor today after my colonoscopy.  They found ulcerative colitis, which means I have to stick a steroid enema up my butt to treat it.  Guess how many?  28 of those damn things, one a day.  The most concerning thing is I'm halfway through and it doesn't seem so bad anymore.

Seriously, get your stuff checked.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 7:18:36 AM EDT
[#28]
I would recommend you get it.

Friend at age 50 refused, 5 years later had trouble pooping.  He had colon cancer, they took a piece out, he had a colostomy for a few years then reattached.  It is 10 years later and he has cancer again.

If he had the coloscopy at age 50 it may have just been polyps that would have been removed versus becoming cancer, or at least he would have had treatment earlier.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top