Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/6/2022 7:31:19 PM EDT
Go ahead, show your wives a picture of the state you live in with no location names and ask her to point to where y'all live.

I bet she can't. They're just not wired to care about that sort of stuff so they never bother to give a shit.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:18:37 PM EDT
[#1]
COC ~ Bollocks44
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:19:47 PM EDT
[#2]
*laughs in Michigan hand raising*
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:21:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Ya but they have boobs....so there that
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:22:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Ask them where north is even in their own house and wait for the lols.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:24:03 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife isn't great with NSEW directions, but she knows how a map works just fine.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:25:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol, this.

I don’t know a single Michigan native that can’t point to where they’re from on their hand.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:25:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Op, that is a great fucking question.  My GF gets lost like no tomorrow.  I always tell her the Fucking mountains are always
to the west.  If you are looking at the mountains Right is North and Left is south.  How fucking hard is that to comprehend.
That is all.

Edit: She is never on the west side of the mountains.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:25:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I find a lot of people can't read a map worth a damn anymore. GPS has made people lazy with that. Without a little voice giving them step by step instructions on how to get somewhere, a lot of people are just dead in the water. They can't just look at a map and figure it out.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:26:40 PM EDT
[#9]
LOL. I have a daughter that couldn’t tell you which way is up without her phone.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:28:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Women are way too self-absorbed to be bothered with knowledge.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:28:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Because they don’t know when to fukn stop!
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:29:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Women can't read maps because they don't understand scale.  And they don't understand scale because men keep telling them that this distance >---< is 10 inches.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:29:40 PM EDT
[#13]
LOL. I have a daughter that couldn’t tell you which way is up without her phone.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:32:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Because men will lift any rock, navigate any land, and cross any sea to get pussy.

Women just sit there and wait.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:32:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

we heard  you the first time
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#16]
im not good at doing the dishes.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:35:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Girl Directions by Psychostick [Music Video]
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:36:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Bump
View Quote

I’m up here now waterfowl hunting.

Haven’t found that ol’ girl, yet.

Fun fact: I once saw a teenage girl lick rain water off of a public outdoor bench.

Those long winters will get to you…
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:36:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Men have more iron in their blood than women do, iron works as a compass, thus men are better at navigating than women, a scientific theory I read about recently.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:39:00 PM EDT
[#20]
It’s not all of them.  My daughter casually memorized all the roads before she could drive, and seems to have onboard GPS.   She also effortlessly navigated the London underground and throughout England, Italy, Austria and Switzerland.  

But for the most part, you’re right OP. Women don’t think visually.    

Do you know about the “Draw a Bicycle” Challenge?
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:39:11 PM EDT
[#21]
My wife is the exception.  She absolutely loves maps and she almost always knows the directions.  Every once in in awhile she'll be wrong, but not often.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:40:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Because, in the old days, they were led from cave to cave, where they manned the FOBs and cooked, tanned hides, and reared children, while the men were out doing land navs and running ambushes on Woolly Mammoths.  It's in the genes.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:41:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This girl i know has a father who can't stop himself from double posting
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#24]
My wife is actually pretty good at directions.  My kids are meh, hooked on phones.

My mother would get lost a mile from her house
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:42:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Why can't Asians drive properly?  On of the great mysteries...
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:42:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:43:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:44:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Women can't read maps because they don't understand scale.  And they don't understand scale because men keep telling them that this distance >---< is 10 inches.
View Quote

Damn Bro, be cool!

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:44:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Women have tiny brains. It's science.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:46:06 PM EDT
[#30]
All they need to know is how to get to the grocery store, and for some of y’all, where to find the lawnmower.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:48:10 PM EDT
[#31]
All is lost

HUMILIATING: Gen-Z Can't Answer the Most Basic Questions
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:49:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Ya but they have boobs....so there that
View Quote

But I agree with the OP
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:50:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Bump
View Quote

It clearly gets "nipply" in saskatchewan.....
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:50:28 PM EDT
[#34]
One of the podcast I listen to said its linked to testosterone.

I didn't look into any farther, because my wife has GPS...I don't think it'll be an issue if GPS goes down.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:50:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Because men will lift any rock, navigate any land, and cross any sea to get pussy.

View Quote

I laughed
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:50:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Lol, this.

I don't know a single Michigan native that can't point to where they're from on their hand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, this.

I don't know a single Michigan native that can't point to where they're from on their hand.
My wife's sister does that... and doesn't seem to realize that nobody outside Michigan knows what the fuck she's doing with her hands
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:07:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is literally the attitude of many women. I work with one that has basically admitted as much. A good man is supposed to fall into her lap without any effort expended on her part. I probably don't need to tell you that has yet to happen and likely never will. She thinks the fact that she is relatively attractive and has big breasts entitles her. Getting her to understand that limiting her dating pool to guys that see her big tits and ask for her digits is monumentally stupid.  

She doesn't even look before changing lanes because she doesn't feel she needs to with her collision avoidance sensors on her vehicle. That's one of the primary reasons she got it: so she could be a less responsible driver and let the car make up for it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:12:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Lol, this.

I don’t know a single Michigan native that can’t point to where they’re from on their hand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, this.

Makes you wonder how men in FL indicate where they live

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:13:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Hunters...... gatherers. And such.

The disregarding of the separate strengths of the sexs, which are not equal in many respects, is causing a lot of problems in the west.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:14:07 PM EDT
[#40]
They're self-centered narcissists.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:14:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep... she knows exactly where to point.  Lol
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:14:44 PM EDT
[#42]
I give geography lessons
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:15:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I find a lot of people can't read a map worth a damn anymore. GPS has made people lazy with that. Without a little voice giving them step by step instructions on how to get somewhere, a lot of people are just dead in the water. They can't just look at a map and figure it out.
View Quote

A lot of folks are so reliant on GPS, they can't retrace a route they've driven multiple times if they don't have the GPS giving them directions.

Mapreading in general, simply isn't a skill that's learned, or practiced anymore. Gen X'ers might be the last ones to remember screwing with a big ass map, navigating for dad (or mom).
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:19:03 PM EDT
[#44]
I cannot speak to all women, but my wife cannot build a picture in her head.  She is therefore hopeless in the realm of navigation because she can’t visualize where anything is in relation to anything else.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:19:05 PM EDT
[#45]
My mother is like women the OP mentioned - has gotten lost 10 miles from home constantly during her life.  Part of the problem is that she is always talking incessantly and I think that distracts her from paying attention to where she is going.

But I drove cross country and back 10 years ago all alone with nothing but a paper atlas.  I only got turned around once, in Minneapolis.
I refuse to use a GPS as I think you lose navigational skills if you do,  plus I hate anyone talking to me in the car.  I'm a spatial thinker like my dad was.

My husband can easily find his way in the woods, but thats where I get lost without a compass. He's terrible on roads though.
He was raised in the country, I was raised near a large city. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:19:41 PM EDT
[#46]
We were playing a trivia game once. It was one of those “guess the country” questions. The first clue was “this is an Asian country”

The answer ended up being South Korea. My Wife was upset because she felt the clues were misleading. I asked her why she thought that. She replied “because it said the country was in Asia. South Korea is in Korea.”

Had a good laugh at that. And again the next day, then the next day . Didn’t get laid for a while
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:21:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

YEP!! My wife has lived in small towns on both peninsulas. As soon as someone asks where she grew up, she starts pointing at places on her hand.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:23:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:25:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
My wife's sister does that... and doesn't seem to realize that nobody outside Michigan knows what the fuck she's doing with her hands
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, this.

Sooo... folks oustide of MI are sufficiently ignorant of geography, that they have no idea Michigan's lower peninsula is shaped like a mitten?

I would've thought that was one of the most memorable shapes (along with Italy looking like a high heeled boot, and Florida looking like a limp...)
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:26:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I cannot speak to all women, but my wife cannot build a picture in her head.  She is therefore hopeless in the realm of navigation because she can’t visualize where anything is in relation to anything else.
View Quote

This is the root of the problem.  Very generally, men excel at spatial relationships and women excel at personal relationships
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top