Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2019 12:31:52 PM EDT
I listen to the paranormal (mostly UFO) streaming station KGRA on Talkstreamlive quite often.

I got in on the middle of  a show where Stanton Friedman was being interviewed about Bob Lazar.

I think it was the Richard Dolan show, but sometimes KGRA is erratic in its content scheduling, so it could have been another show.

At any rate, Dr. Friedman, whose credentials I consider unassailable, ragged on Mr. Bob Lazar pretty thoroughly:

Lazar claims to have graduated from MIT, but Friedman found no evidence of this.

Lazar graduated in the bottom portion of his class in high school, but as Dr. Friedman pointed out:  You don't get accepted to MIT if you're in the bottom of your class.

But rather than me ranting on, here is an article on Bob Lazar written by Dr. Friedman himself.

Incredible claims have been made about Bob Lazar for years. He supposedly is a physicist with an MS in Physics from MIT and an MS in Electronics from the California Institute of Technology. He was a “Scientist” for Los Alamos National Laboratory, and obtained a job back-engineering UFOs at a very secret site S-4 near Area 51 in Nevada through noted Physicist, the late Dr. Edward Teller.

Supposedly he figured out how saucers work using Element 115 — matter/anti-matter, etc. He was able to steal a small quantity of 115 from the 500 pounds available, but this was stolen back. There was indeed an announcement in early 2004 about the production of 4 atoms of element 115 by operating a huge European accelerator for many weeks. It has a very short half life so there is no way to accumulate pounds of it. He supposedly came forward with his story despite death threats because he thought the public has a right to know. Videotapes are available with his claims.

It is all BUNK.

Not one shred of evidence has been put forth to support this story: No diplomas, no résumés, no transcripts, no memberships in professional organizations, no papers, no pages from MIT or Caltech yearbooks. He also mentioned, in a phone conversation with me, California State University at Northridge and Pierce Junior College — also in the San Fernando Valley, California. I checked all four schools. Pierce said he had taken electronics courses in the late 1970s. The other three schools never heard of him.

The page from the Los Alamos National Lab phone book with Lazar’s name on it clearly states that it includes employees of the DOE and outside contractor, Kirk Meyer. “K/M” follows Lazar’s name. This proves he worked for K/M, not LANL.

I checked with LANL’s personnel department for Lazar’s name and that of an old colleague. They found my guy, but not Lazar.

He was publicly asked when he got his MS from MIT. He said “Let me see now, I think it was probably 1982.” Nobody getting an MS from MIT would not know the year immediately. He was asked to name some of his profs, He said: “Let’s see now, Bill Duxler will remember me from the physics department at Caltech.” I located Dr. Duxler. He’s a Pierce Junior College physics prof, and never taught at Caltech. Lazar was registered in one of his courses at the same time Lazar was supposedly at MIT! Nobody who can go to MIT goes to Pierce JC, not to mention the rather long commute between LA and Cambridge, Mass.

I checked his High School in New York State. He graduated in August, not with his class. The only science course he took was chemistry. He ranked 261 out of 369, which is in the bottom third. There is no way he would have been admitted by MIT or Caltech. An MS in Physics from MIT requires a thesis. No such thesis exists at MIT, and he is not on a commencement list. The notion that the government wiped his CIVILIAN records clean is absurd. I checked with the Legal Counsel at MIT — no way to wipe all his records clean. The Physics department never heard of him and he is not a member of the American Physical Society.

When he declared bankruptcy in the mid 1980s for almost $300,000.00 he listed his occupation as a self-employed film processor. With MS degrees from MIT and Caltech? Caltech would not have accepted him for an MS program, if he already had one from MIT.

His propulsion scheme sounds good (as do many science fiction stories), but makes no real sense especially in view of how difficult it would be to add protons to #115. Gravity wave amplification sounds great but what does it mean?

He could not have gotten a Compartmentalized Security clearance having operated a brothel. His W-2 form from the Department of Naval Intelligence totals under $1000.00, at most a week’s pay for a scientist. You can’t get a security clearance in a week.

Scientists leave trails. Lazar is NOT a scientist. He couldn’t even answer scientific questions put to him. An excellent review of Bob’s “Physics” can be seen at web.archive.org/web/20061220030435/http://www.serve.com/mahood/lazar/critiq.htm.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 12:36:35 PM EDT
[#1]
He worked there dude...

He was on ... the inside!
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 12:39:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Something I just remembered that was in the radio interview but not in the article:  People, including Lazar, have claimed that part of his history was 'scrubbed' in an attempt to maintain security (ostensibly by the government).

Dr. Friedman's contention, especially after speaking either to records keepers at either MIT or Caltech, is that there is no way to scrub an entire person's educational footprint.  There are too many things the person's records touch that it would be impossible to have wiped each and every one of them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 12:49:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Something I just remembered that was in the radio interview but not in the article:  People, including Lazar, have claimed that part of his history was 'scrubbed' in an attempt to maintain security (ostensibly by the government).

Dr. Friedman's contention, especially after speaking either to records keepers at either MIT or Caltech, is that there is no way to scrub an entire person's educational footprint.  There are too many things the person's records touch that it would be impossible to have wiped each and every one of them.
View Quote
Yup, no matter what he did or did not do, he tried to inflate his education and that will forever be an anchor to his credibility.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 3:02:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I've said this before but I can't imagine aliens just letting us have and play around with their tech. Would be Like handing keys to a Ferrari over to a 10 year old or giving a nuclear armed B2 bomber over to an uncontacted tribe of Amazonian Indians.

Lazar is almost certainly a fraud... and maybe even a government plant who's story is meant to muddy the waters or direct/control the narrative regarding the UFO phenomenon.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 3:07:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've said this before but I can't imagine aliens just letting us have and play around with their tech. Would be Like handing keys to a Ferrari over to a 10 year old or giving a nuclear armed B2 bomber over to an uncontacted tribe of Amazonian Indians.

Lazar is almost certainly a fraud... and maybe even a government plant who's story is meant to muddy the waters or direct/control the narrative regarding the UFO phenomenon.
View Quote
Apparently the Feds still have a hard-on for him, I am guessing there is more to Bob than just being a fraud.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 3:09:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Apparently the Feds still have a hard-on for him, I am guessing there is more to Bob than just being a fraud.
View Quote
Well, he tried his hand at pimping and runs a shady "Science Shop" that deals in potentially dangerous stuff so the Feds have enough to stay interested in him sans aliens and flying saucers...
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 3:35:35 PM EDT
[#7]
yep

been posting this in some recent lazar threads....

Lazar gives off the impression of a bullshitter to me

Stanton Friedman Harshes on Bob Lazar
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 3:49:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Haters gonna hate .
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 4:03:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Said he worked at Los Alamos.  They said no he didn't.  Until a reporter showed them a Los Alamos phone book with his name on the roster.

I don't know if he's a fraud or not.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 4:13:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Said he worked at Los Alamos.  They said no he didn't.  Until a reporter showed them a Los Alamos phone book with his name on the roster.

I don't know if he's a fraud or not.
View Quote
Yup, and his connection to Teller adds some doubt for me that he was just a fraud.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 4:23:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yup, and his connection to Teller adds some doubt for me that he was just a fraud.
View Quote
He worked for a private contractor at Los Alamos, not the government.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 4:24:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

He worked for a private contractor at Los Alamos, not the government.
View Quote
Lol - And?
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 4:37:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Lol - And?
View Quote
IIRC he always maintained he was a government employee.  In other words who knows what he did at Los Alamos?  He could have been the cook in the cafeteria for all we know.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

IIRC he always maintained he was a government employee.  In other words who knows what he did at Los Alamos?  He could have been the cook in the cafeteria for all we know.
View Quote
I see your point.  As a contractor/consultant when someone asked me who I worked for, I told them the entity I was contracted to work for, not the contracting company.  The contracting company is irrelevant and changed from time to time.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:04:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Lazar timeline starts at 39:00

Area 51 and the Twisted Tale of Bob Lazar
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 10:05:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Lol - And?
View Quote
Dot.Gov can barely keep track of their own employees.

Do you think the GOV masterminds can (on need to) keep track of the revolving door of contract employees?

In a place like Los Alamos, you're dealing with 40 -  60 contractors doing everything from keeping toilets clean to providing admin support.

Not even sure how long their security clearance records (if they had one) would be maintained or in JPAS which probably didn't even exist when Lazar worked there.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 10:11:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Lazar timeline starts at 39:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl2356IOTrY
View Quote
A movie reviewer I like just did a video about the netflix "documentary".

This video goes more into some detail about why the netflix documentary and Jeremy Corbell are bullshit.

Bob Lazar Area 51 & Flying Saucers - The Worst Documentary on Netflix
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 10:18:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol - And?
We need to invent some English words - maybe

“At”
And
“For”

If he said he worked “at” los alamos - then apparently he did

English is amazing sometimes
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 7:14:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Well, he tried his hand at pimping and runs a shady "Science Shop" that deals in potentially dangerous stuff so the Feds have enough to stay interested in him sans aliens and flying saucers...
View Quote
I've bought from his shady science shop.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 8:10:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
What did you buy?
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 4:19:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What did you buy?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did you buy?
Bought 2 posters, a shit ton of the neodymium magnets, a spinthariscope & some chemicals.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 4:43:44 PM EDT
[#22]
I think that either one of the two possibilities are real

1. He is lying some and the .gov is lying some  and it has created the perfect storm for Lazar to capitalize off of

or

2. He is a nobody and misinformation plant by the .gov under the threat of prosecution

but I dunno
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 5:11:06 PM EDT
[#23]
All anybody knows for sure about him is that he did in fact work for Los Alamos. There's a directory with his name in it, and there's also an article about Los Alamos employees' projects they did in their free time, and Lazar is not only named but there's a picture of him in the article.

To this day, Los Alamos claims he never worked for them.

As for his education, there are witnesses who say he did in fact go to the schools he claims he did. They said if he wasn't a student then he made a really good show of it. I can't remember whether it was a family member or friend, but someone would drop him off at school all the time. Also someone who remembers always seeing him in the library studying.

He also knew the test flight schedule at Area 51 for like a two week period. He took reporters out there and told them exactly when a test aircraft would be flying overhead, and lo and behold there it was.

Then there are the hand scanners that were used at Area 51, that Lazar described in detail many times, that were only recently declassified. Employees at Area 51 would have to scan their hands to get into the facility. It's old tech now, but back then it was super cutting edge stuff. He was either there back then, or he knew someone who was who told him about those.

You can't really discount him entirely if you know all the facts. Doesn't mean he's telling the truth about aliens, though. It just means he most likely did work at Area 51, but so did tens of thousands of other people. The strange part is why everyone would band together, from MIT to Los Alamos, to discredit him if he's just a fibber.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 10:12:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
All anybody knows for sure about him is that he did in fact work for Los Alamos. There's a directory with his name in it, and there's also an article about Los Alamos employees' projects they did in their free time, and Lazar is not only named but there's a picture of him in the article.

To this day, Los Alamos claims he never worked for them.

As for his education, there are witnesses who say he did in fact go to the schools he claims he did. They said if he wasn't a student then he made a really good show of it. I can't remember whether it was a family member or friend, but someone would drop him off at school all the time. Also someone who remembers always seeing him in the library studying.

He also knew the test flight schedule at Area 51 for like a two week period. He took reporters out there and told them exactly when a test aircraft would be flying overhead, and lo and behold there it was.

Then there are the hand scanners that were used at Area 51, that Lazar described in detail many times, that were only recently declassified. Employees at Area 51 would have to scan their hands to get into the facility. It's old tech now, but back then it was super cutting edge stuff. He was either there back then, or he knew someone who was who told him about those.

You can't really discount him entirely if you know all the facts. Doesn't mean he's telling the truth about aliens, though. It just means he most likely did work at Area 51, but so did tens of thousands of other people. The strange part is why everyone would band together, from MIT to Los Alamos, to discredit him if he's just a fibber.
View Quote
Please cite the MIT and CALTEC witnesses

The hand scanners were common at that time, and were even in the FUCKING CLOSE ENCOUNTERS MOVIE LOLOL

Link Posted: 8/5/2019 10:48:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Please cite the MIT and CALTEC witnesses

The hand scanners were common at that time, and were even in the FUCKING CLOSE ENCOUNTERS MOVIE LOLOL

https://external-preview.redd.it/SdS8ycKbs97BYEUhfiHEkvjmjoQLDzfJUCit_Uvmk_0.jpg?width=1129&height=591.09947644&auto=webp&s=f3569f21ccd500ca8962e61a14719c0de199df0f
View Quote
Right, but he had no way of knowing they used them at Area 51 until years after he started talking about them. Unless he either worked there or knew someone who did.

So what is your explanation for Los Alamos denying he worked there despite proof he did? And why would they have hired him with nothing but a high school education?
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 11:11:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Right, but he had no way of knowing they used them at Area 51 until years after he started talking about them. Unless he either worked there or knew someone who did.

So what is your explanation for Los Alamos denying he worked there despite proof he did? And why would they have hired him with nothing but a high school education?
View Quote
How do you know what hand scanners they really have at groom lake ?

He probably has a 2 year electronics tech degree, who knows ?

No fucking way he went to MIT and CALTEC
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 11:23:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

How do you know what hand scanners they really have at groom lake ?

He probably has a 2 year electronics tech degree, who knows ?

No fucking way he went to MIT and CALTEC
View Quote
They were in a photo that was declassified with a bunch of stuff for the stealth fighter program. So as far as I understand it, it's now a matter of public record that identimat scanners were in fact in use at Area 51 during the time Lazar claims he was there.

How do you get hired at Los Alamos with a two year tech degree?
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 11:27:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

They were in a photo that was declassified with a bunch of stuff for the stealth fighter program. So as far as I understand it, it's now a matter of public record that identimat scanners were in fact in use at Area 51 during the time Lazar claims he was there.

View Quote
You impress Dr. Teller.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 4:52:19 AM EDT
[#29]
This story has some interest and for decades I dismissed his story.  I think the documentary was done as stylish but overall very poor at actually reviewing  facts and presenting data in an organized matter.  Drunk narration was also the worst.  The above critical video was spot on.   There was no fact pattern presented other than snips of past footage.  The only different story revolves around the raid of Bob's business which wasn't discussed about the facts of the case and the murder that surrounded the warrant.  A person was poisoned and his company was a logical lead Although I do admit it may have been over the top but we've seen the feds do that for a number of things.

Bob himself comes across as more believable than any journalist surrounding him.  His matter of fact and seemingly self critical story telling style lends itself to it being believable.  He may be ill or duped in a clever scheme to make other nations think we have advanced technology.  If true, and he has a sample of "115" as it was dubbed, he would have evidence - but holds back possibly not wanting society to deal with the knowledge - however he half-opened Pandora's box (if true) which seems peculiar.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 6:19:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Y’all have a much higher opinion of Friedman than I do. He has an agenda.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 10:09:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Do tell.  I always considered him the most credible source there could be on the UFO phenomena.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 11:19:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
He is more credible than Lazar.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 11:33:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well, not anymore. He died not too long ago.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 10:33:03 PM EDT
[#34]
disney in florida had hand scanners in the early 80's. everyone got scanned entering the park.
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 6:04:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
No proof of his attending MIT, no class pics or thesis, or even published work.

And the timeline does not match.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 3:04:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Elements 115 and 116. He discussed them a long time ago in a very crude representation of how the ET power system worked on their craft. You can say 'So what, if you wait long enough, there would be elements 115 and higher anyway.' Well, you're right, but why did he pick 115 and 116, which did appear some years later - check out the names of them - its pretty funny. He could have picked any number that wasn't taken yet (as far as the public knows) and we wouldn't know the difference. The fact that he said '115 and 116' implies to me that 'secret science'
had already reached element numbers much higher than generally known. The new elements were allowed to filter out over the years and it finally was time for 115 and 116. This is based on the well-known rule-of-thumb that what we 'commoners' know as 'state-of-the-art' is probably 20 to 25 years behind what the government has.
So, Lazar is an unstable personality or we would never have heard of him - he wanted to talk about subjects that are forbidden to current and former employees involved in these things in order to make money and become a public figure. In a way, it worked because it made it harder for them to just shut him up, being in the limelight. So, they went with plan B, which is to ignore him overtly, and covertly go behind him and eliminate his scholastic and government employee past. And I wouldn't give you five cents for Friedman's opinions on the subject.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 5:18:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Elements 115 and 116. He discussed them a long time ago in a very crude representation of how the ET power system worked on their craft. You can say 'So what, if you wait long enough, there would be elements 115 and higher anyway.' Well, you're right, but why did he pick 115 and 116, which did appear some years later - check out the names of them - its pretty funny. He could have picked any number that wasn't taken yet (as far as the public knows) and we wouldn't know the difference. The fact that he said '115 and 116' implies to me that 'secret science'
had already reached element numbers much higher than generally known. The new elements were allowed to filter out over the years and it finally was time for 115 and 116. This is based on the well-known rule-of-thumb that what we 'commoners' know as 'state-of-the-art' is probably 20 to 25 years behind what the government has.
So, Lazar is an unstable personality or we would never have heard of him - he wanted to talk about subjects that are forbidden to current and former employees involved in these things in order to make money and become a public figure. In a way, it worked because it made it harder for them to just shut him up, being in the limelight. So, they went with plan B, which is to ignore him overtly, and covertly go behind him and eliminate his scholastic and government employee past. And I wouldn't give you five cents for Friedman's opinions on the subject.
View Quote
If you watch the video I posted above. They briefly mention how element 115 was being discussed in the scientific community. With the May 1989 issue of Scientific American having an article about it called "Creating Super Heavy Elements"

Honestly the more I read about this story. I feel like there is a group of guys in Nevada who came up with the idea to create some fictional stories i.e. Lazar's and Skinwalker Ranch. Using them for fame and to fleece the extremely gullible and susceptible who are eager to believe.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 8:38:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
You get hired as a technician.  Not a physicist.  These facilities have all sorts of technicians running around operating equipment, running tests as directed by researchers, etc.

I'm an engineer and I've spent time around physicists.  Bob Lazar is no physicist. Not even remotely close.  On the other hand, his knowledge and demeanor are very much in keeping with a technician.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top