Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Who watches Anime? (Page 595 of 742)
Page / 742
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:04:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I binge watched Classroom of the Elite S1 and I have never in my life seen an anime with 10+ female characters that had a worse ratio of "annoying female characters" : "likable female characters."  The fact that it was still enjoyable despite that is pretty impressive.

Bonus points for having an MC that wasn't a beta bitch and/or one that let girls walk all over him.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:07:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
I binge watched Classroom of the Elite S1 and I have never in my life seen an anime with 10+ female characters that had a worse ratio of "annoying female characters" : "likable female characters."  The fact that it was still enjoyable despite that is pretty impressive.

Bonus points for having an MC that wasn't a beta bitch and/or one that let girls walk all over him.
View Quote

I had a hard time getting into S2, and the ratio hasn't gotten any better. I quit at about 4 episodes, I suppose I'll watch the rest in one shot eventually.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By mort:
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury prolog is up on crunchy.  

Good animation, cool combat scenes, interesting characters and two redhead anime girls that break free from the stereotype of the tsundere redhead.

I'm very hopeful for the rest of this show.
View Quote

Revenge is a dish best served - in the cold, dark depths of interplanetary space…

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:26:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: targetworks] [#4]
Originally Posted By JVD:

I had a hard time getting into S2, and the ratio hasn't gotten any better. I quit at about 4 episodes, I suppose I'll watch the rest in one shot eventually.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

S2 certainly has its impressive moments - but yes, it did seem to get off to an overly dry and technical and hard-to-get-interested-in start which was a bit off-putting - but it’s worth continuing to the end.

That is, if you can get interested in plans within plans within plans, as well as a guy who has both the intent and the means to do whatever it takes to get what he wants and to come out on top.

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:41:05 PM EDT
[#5]

View All Quotes

I'm right there with you on S2 so far.

For S1 I couldn't wait to see what happened next.  I was really looking forward to S2, but I'm 6 episodes in and I find myself frequently disinterested with what's happening on screen.  That first "test" they had was boring AF.  It was like the writer couldn't come up with a good idea for one and thought "well, maybe if I make it convoluted it will come off as smart."  It didn't.

And then the next "test" was just a straight up sports festival.  They really seem to be phoning it in so far.  Hopefully it quickly picks up.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 9:44:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 10:11:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 10:14:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Lulz

BTW, what is high school of the dead on? Didn’t show up on a cursory search of crunchy or hidive
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 10:16:04 PM EDT
[#9]

I'm right there with you on S2 so far.

For S1 I couldn't wait to see what happened next.  I was really looking forward to S2, but I'm 6 episodes in and I find myself frequently disinterested with what's happening on screen.  That first "test" they had was boring AF.  It was like the writer couldn't come up with a good idea for one and thought "well, maybe if I make it convoluted it will come off as smart."  It didn't.

And then the next "test" was just a straight up sports festival.  They really seem to be phoning it in so far.  Hopefully it quickly picks up.
View Quote

I am a fan of the light novels but I honestly don't think they translate well into anime.  Or rather they are not being translated well.

Using the sports festival as an example.  That is book 5 of the series.  Book 5 is about 340 pages long.  The sports festival is announced on page 1 but doesn't begin until page 148.  If you were to count the number of pages in the light novel dedicated to the intricate scheming and plotting (before, during, and after the sports) and the number of pages dedicated to the actual sports you would get about an even split of 170 pages to 170 pages.  And honestly that is probably being generous to the actual sports part.  The books make the scheming every bit as or more important than the tests themselves.  The anime does exactly the opposite so it loses a lot of its intrigue.  

The first season was a lot closer to the actual books in that department which I think is why people seem to like it more.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 10:20:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Agilt:

Lulz

BTW, what is high school of the dead on? Didn’t show up on a cursory search of crunchy or hidive
View Quote

Funimation still has it but it isn't anywhere else I have (crunchyroll, hidive, netflix, amazon)
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 10:28:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:

Flat is justice
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:

Flat is justice
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 11:02:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Lulz

View Quote

I watch on animixplay
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 11:47:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Lulz

BTW, what is high school of the dead on? Didn't show up on a cursory search of crunchy or hidive
View All Quotes

Lulz

BTW, what is high school of the dead on? Didn't show up on a cursory search of crunchy or hidive
Odd Hidive doesn't have it because it was a Sentai license.

Try Hulu.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:04:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Watching High School of the Dead and we finally have a good on-screen gun Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:22:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By runningunz87:
Watching High School of the Dead and we finally have a good on-screen gun Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

After you watch E7...

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 1:10:49 AM EDT
[#16]

After you watch E7...

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

It be like that sometimes.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 1:19:21 AM EDT
[#17]

After you watch E7...

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes

After you watch E7...

Click To View Spoiler
For me on E7Click To View Spoiler TLDR: it is what it is.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 1:28:30 AM EDT
[#18]

After you watch E7...

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler

Also, E6 is best episode. "I can load 20 bullets in the magazine, that's illegal in Japan......Illegal hehehehehe*

If I was an anime character, I would be Kohta Hirano.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 1:29:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Liaztraht:
View All Quotes

After you watch E7...

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

BTW: the little girl is voiced by the Dub Queen.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 1:31:55 AM EDT
[#20]

Click To View Spoiler

Also, E6 is best episode. "I can load 20 bullets in the magazine, that's illegal in Japan......Illegal hehehehehe*

View All Quotes

After you watch E7...

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

So would most of ARFCOM GD... though probably minus the usefulness in a zombie apocalypse.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 1:36:06 AM EDT
[#21]

So would most of ARFCOM GD... though probably minus the usefulness in a zombie apocalypse.
View Quote

True .

Best male anime character ever. Off to E8.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 1:47:37 AM EDT
[#22]

Click To View Spoiler

View All Quotes

After you watch E7...

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 1:58:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:02:51 AM EDT
[#24]

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
I would tend to agree, but chances were better before the incident
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 5:03:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Out of curiosity I clicked on one of the links to see what it's about.   That dumb shit lasted about 30 seconds and i was done.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 6:28:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By brian1:
Out of curiosity I clicked on one of the links to see what it's about.   That dumb shit lasted about 30 seconds and i was done.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:37:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By brian1:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:02:30 PM EDT
[#28]

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:14:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:

Try Hulu.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:

Lulz

Try Hulu.

Yeah that was my thought too. Also didn't even realize funimation was still up.

Hulu has it though.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:35:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By JPN:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:47:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes

After you watch E7...

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Funny the amount of discussion given the below was my thought watching that scene.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:53:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Bacon_Grease:
Funny the amount of discussion given the below was my thought watching that scene.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Lowes, Home Depot, and various lumber yards have a 'trim' section that can provide some handy material of the round variety.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By iliketatertots:

Is it a good idea to just jump into this or should I watch other Gundam shows to understand it?  I've only ever watched Gundam Wing and it's movie Endless Waltz.  I know there are a bunch of other shows but I haven't watched any of them yet.  The preview I saw for The Witch from Mercury caught my attention and I was planning on checking it out.
View All Quotes

Good animation, cool combat scenes, interesting characters and two redhead anime girls that break free from the stereotype of the tsundere redhead.

Is it a good idea to just jump into this or should I watch other Gundam shows to understand it?  I've only ever watched Gundam Wing and it's movie Endless Waltz.  I know there are a bunch of other shows but I haven't watched any of them yet.  The preview I saw for The Witch from Mercury caught my attention and I was planning on checking it out.
Gundam seems to be an ever evolving show that loosely follows the theme of giant robots smash.  

Lately it seems the studios are focusing on throwbacks to old school gundam from long before Gundam Wing and Endlass Waltz. Gundam Wing was more about the individual teenage gundam pilots infiltrating and fighting on Earth.  Old school gundam seems to be more about nation states conflicts with political intereague, space navies and lots of mobile suit battles.

You might want to check out Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 or if you have Netflix check out Mobile Suit Gundam Hathaway to get a feel for the current shows.

On the other hand some of the PV for The Witch of Mercury has lots of images of tween gundam pilots so my speculation about throwbacks to old gundam might be bunk. XD
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 1:09:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Toonami - Gundam 0080 Long Promo (1080p HD)
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 1:09:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bacon_Grease] [#35]

Lowes, Home Depot, and various lumber yards have a 'trim' section that can provide some handy material of the round variety.
View All Quotes

I tend to get my components for improvised implements from the goodwill/value village.  It's kind of a neat little scavenger hunt that way.  I'm thinking something along the line of conduit or tubing would be more effective though.

Gundam seems to be an ever evolving show that loosely follows the theme of giant robots smash.  

Lately it seems the studios are focusing on throwbacks to old school gundam from long before Gundam Wing and Endlass Waltz. Gundam Wing was more about the individual teenage gundam pilots infiltrating and fighting on Earth.  Old school gundam seems to be more about nation states conflicts with political intereague, space navies and lots of mobile suit battles.

You might want to check out Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 or if you have Netflix check out Mobile Suit Gundam Hathaway to get a feel for the current shows.

On the other hand some of the PV for The Witch of Mercury has lots of images of tween gundam pilots so my speculation about throwbacks to old gundam might be bunk. XD

I love Gundam Wing.  However, as RustedAce calls it that particular series is boy band gundam only slightly more grounded than G Gundam.

Gundam has always been about war, human conflict, and the contradictions there of. As well as the story of a Teenager getting his hands on a weapon system that carries world changing firepower.

Generally the question is always being asked if mankind can evolve beyond the need of war to solve it's problems.

Or alternatively the morality of ending war through dialogue and peace versus overwhelming force.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:27:13 PM EDT
[#36]

I tend to get my components for improvised implements from the goodwill/value village.  It's kind of a neat little scavenger hunt that way.  I'm thinking something along the line of conduit or tubing would be more effective though.

I love Gundam Wing.  However, as RustedAce calls it that particular series is boy band gundam only slightly more grounded than G Gundam.

Gundam has always been about war, human conflict, and the contradictions there of. As well as the story of a Teenager getting his hands on a weapon system that carries world changing firepower.

Generally the question is always being asked if mankind can evolve beyond the need of war to solve it's problems.

Or alternatively the morality of ending war through dialogue and peace versus overwhelming force.
View All Quotes

Thank you both for the recommendations.  I will check out the shows that were mentioned but I found some watch order lists and I might just start from the beginning.  It's pretty impressive to see that the original Gundam anime was aired in 1979 and they are still making series based on that idea 43 years later.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:33:09 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

Click To View Spoiler

That reminds me: I love it when I see non-ARFCOM discussions about what people would personally do in a zombie apocalypse and people talk about "raiding the local gun store."
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:35:50 PM EDT
[#38]

That reminds me: I love it when I see non-ARFCOM discussions about what people would personally do in a zombie apocalypse and people talk about "raiding the local gun store."
View All Quotes

Click To View Spoiler

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:39:55 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes

Click To View Spoiler

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/6uryis_jpg-2540173.JPG

Part of what makes it so funny to me is that there are so many reasons it's idiotic that it's hard to list them all.

Unfortunately, most of such discussions I've seen took place on the old IMDB message boards and those are, sadly, long gone.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:43:22 PM EDT
[#40]

Part of what makes it so funny to me is that there are so many reasons it's idiotic that it's hard to list them all.

Unfortunately, most of such discussions I've seen took place on the old IMDB message boards and those are, sadly, long gone.
View All Quotes

Click To View Spoiler

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/6uryis_jpg-2540173.JPG

not surprised at where you found them
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 6:26:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: runningunz87] [#41]
Sad that there won't ever be a S2. I just finished S1 and the OVA.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 7:46:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#42]

View Quote

I think it was around Obama's second term (maybe late in the first term?), there was an organization that called itself something along the lines of the Zombie Response Team Zombie Squad, but it was an actual group with chapters that had meetings to do charity work, do first aid training, etc.  They also did some cosplay, with some members dressing up as zombie hunters, and others dressing up as zombies.  The information on 'zombie preps' was very similar to what you might find in an arfcom discussion, except guns and ammo were not mentioned in their literature, at all.

It was a bunch of leftists trying to use the zombie trend (Walking Dead, etc) to coax people into doing charity work and organizing for whatever they decided they needed to work on (such as political stuff).

I saw a few discussions that some of their members had with other people on social media, and they were dead set against the idea of going to a gun store and buying guns, then getting training in how to safely use guns, because guns are dangerous, and they didn't think people should be keeping guns in their homes.  ...but if the SHTF, their plan was to run to Walmart and loot the guns and ammo.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#43]

I think it was around Obama's second term (maybe late in the first term?), there was an organization that called itself something along the lines of the Zombie Response Team Zombie Squad, but it was an actual group with chapters that had meetings to do charity work, do first aid training, etc.  They also did some cosplay, with some members dressing up as zombie hunters, and others dressing up as zombies.  The information on 'zombie preps' was very similar to what you might find in an arfcom discussion, except guns and ammo were not mentioned in their literature, at al

I saw a few discussions that some of their members had with other people on social media, and they were dead set against the idea of going to a gun store and buying guns, then getting training in how to safely use guns, because guns are dangerous, and they didn't think people should be keeping guns in their homes.  ...but if the SHTF, their plan was to run to Walmart and loot the guns and ammo.
View Quote

Kinda lends credibility to the "They don't trust themselves with guns, and therefore they assume you can't be trusted either" theory.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 9:47:30 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

Click To View Spoiler

Best to order online. Anything you get at the chain lumber yards that's longer than 4' is gonna be 2 shorter pieces glued together.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:21:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#45]
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:
Best to order online. Anything you get at the chain lumber yards that's longer than 4' is gonna be 2 shorter pieces glued together.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:

Click To View Spoiler

When did they start that?  I have bought 8 foot lengths from Lowes (around 5 to 10 years ago), and they weren't pieced together.

ETA: Well darn, fiddlesticks, and fuck me.  I checked the Lowes and Home Depot websites, and you can still get a few diameters in 6 foot lengths, but most of their diameters are limited to 4 foot.  8 foot lengths seem to be a thing of the past.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:23:08 PM EDT
[#46]

Kinda lends credibility to the "They don't trust themselves with guns, and therefore they assume you can't be trusted either" theory.
View Quote

At this point, I think it has moved beyond being a theory.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:58:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: targetworks] [#47]
So, yes they did come through with a S2-ending ep. 13 of Classroom of the Elite, and they are indeed promising to release S3.

But even though they did set up a number of “stay tuned for the upcoming new season” plot tweaks (at least three or four distinct ones that I can remember) and they tossed a new-character-cum-monkey-wrench into the mix, and they also offered some new glimpses into Ayanokoji’s mindset and motivations (but at best only vague hints about what’s lurking in his background and how all of his plans and machinations might possibly be upended by unanticipated (?) factors), the whole thing was surprisingly tame and anticlimactic.

Sure, it would have been tough to maintain the intensity level of S2 ep. 12 - but I was expecting a bit more than what they delivered.

Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:06:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:09:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Finished "Why The Hell Are You Here, Teacher!?, Chizuru is best teacher.

Next series is either Classroom of the Elite S1, or The Misfit of Demon King Academy.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 1:18:36 AM EDT
[#50]
About to finish Shield Hero and Iroduku tonight, I'll probably start up Lycoris Recoil and Vermeil in Gold to replace them.
Page / 742
Who watches Anime? (Page 595 of 742)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top