BCM
User Panel

Who watches Anime? (Page 336 of 742)
Page / 742
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:25:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:
If you want more Maple(syrup/tree) you'll need to survive all of 2021.
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Fuck, that's too long. One of my favorite shows. Completely retarded, but hilarious.

"Daijoubu Heiki, No Teiku Dameiji"
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:31:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I see The Rising of the Shield Hero S2 will start later this year.

It wasn't that S1 was bad.  It's that it was just too frustrating for me to enjoy.  In large part due to the MC acting like a total pussy in the most inopportune times.

Click To View Spoiler
In a way it kinda reminds me of Game of Thrones S8.  Obviously they took a TOTALLY different road to get there, but the end result is the same.  A totally unsatisfying payoff that leaves me with ZERO desire to rewatch any of it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:51:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

It wasn't that S1 was bad.  It's that it was just too frustrating for me to enjoy.  In large part due to the MC acting like a total pussy in the most inopportune times.

Click To View Spoiler
In a way it kinda reminds me of Game of Thrones S8.  Obviously they took a TOTALLY different road to get there, but the end result is the same.  A totally unsatisfying payoff that leaves me with ZERO desire to rewatch any of it.
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:56:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I just started watching AOT. I rarely binge shows but I just plowed through s1 in a few days. Enjoying the hell out of it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:39:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Szilagyi-hpg:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Szilagyi-hpg:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

It's unsatisfying, irritating shit like that which makes MC's like Hajime from Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest such a nice change of pace from the typical pussy MCs.  If you just tried to kill them or someone they care about there is no "well, I guess I'll let you off with just a warning this time, but you have to pinky promise you won't do it again."  Just a bullet to the brain whether they are armed or not.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:45:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Dr Stone is back!

Season 2 (Stone Wars) is gonna be fucking LIT!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:49:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#7]
[     ]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:51:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#8]
[     ]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:06:36 AM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Darkstar117:
If you want more Maple(syrup/tree) you'll need to survive all of 2021.
Click To View Spoiler

Ah, yes.  Maple.  The loli Forest Gump of anime.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/61270/vlcsnap-31041-1333369.jpg

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:35:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:51:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:03:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:43:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Nyanners got a million subs
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:00:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By LittlePony:
Nyanners got a million subs
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:53:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Snow White with the Red Hair. I enjoyed it. If you didn't like it, I don't care
If you have a problem with me enjoying it; fight me.  

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:55:24 AM EDT
[#16]
basically me

"You know Astolfo is a dude, right?" ?ONESHOT?

Astolfo & Master Meet Venti! 【ONESHOT】
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:05:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DragoMuseveni] [#17]
Master Chief Becomes a Femboy (The Anime)

When did Master Chief start banging dudes?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:21:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Snow White with the Red Hair. I enjoyed it. If you didn't like it, I don't care
If you have a problem with me enjoying it; fight me.  

View Quote

I’ll have your back bro ...... it’s a great anime if you ask me

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:28:56 AM EDT
[#19]

So glad FGO is in my past and now I can afford guns again hahah

Seriously though I tried hard as fuck to get Astolfo to no avail

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:54:43 AM EDT
[#20]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNSVOUrWQTk
When did Master Chief start banging dudes?
View Quote

Bruh

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:21:05 PM EDT
[#21]
I just watched the first episode of Wonder Egg Priority and it one of the best firsts episodes of an anime I’ve seen

I had no idea the show was anything like it was by reading the description, anyone else watching?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:27:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By DprvdDgnrt:
I just watched the first episode of Wonder Egg Priority and it one of the best firsts episodes of an anime I’ve seen

I had no idea the show was anything like it was by reading the description, anyone else watching?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/517465/F9C059AC-1CE5-41F4-9B7C-0D62431AE88F_jpe-1783468.JPG
View Quote

The animation looks great. I didn’t get the plot from the trailer but it looks beautiful.

Of course it’s only on Funimation
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:45:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By RX-78-2:

The animation looks great. I didn’t get the plot from the trailer but it looks beautiful.

View Quote

Yeah it looks really beautiful

Do you not have access on your side of the ocean??
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:40:28 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

We have, I just hate Funimation and their politics.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:43:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DprvdDgnrt] [#25]

We have, I just hate Funimation and their politics.
View Quote

Ahhh yeah I can appreciate that

You should definitely stick it to them but pirating this show
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:10:57 PM EDT
[#26]
I need to stop reading this thread. Every time I come here I find another anime that looks good. I already have 85+ in my queue on VRV and 30+ on Funimation.  That show looks awesome but fortunately for me it just started. I won't watch it until the first season ends and I can binge watch it.

I just started Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle and am liking it so far.  

I also just got my Blu-ray copies of the complete Spice and Wolf anime and the original complete series of Higurashi When they Cry.  Right Stuff had them on sale in December for $20 each so I got 2 seasons of Spice and Wolf and 3 seasons of Higurashi for $40. Couldn't pass it up. Unfortunately neither could other people so they were out of stock and I had to wait a month to get them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:15:56 PM EDT
[#27]
If you ever like to turn off your brain and enjoy lowbrow harem anime with a ridiculous premise you might want to give Gonna be the Twin-Tail a try.

The plot is absurd and some of the main characters are pretty lazy (one is basically a Kotori ripoff and another is basically a Darkness ripoff), but I found it amusing enough to entertain me for a few hours.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:47:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DprvdDgnrt] [#28]
If you ever like to turn off your brain and enjoy lowbrow harem anime with a ridiculous premise you might want to give Gonna be the Twin-Tail a try.

The plot is absurd and some of the main characters are pretty lazy (one is basically a Kotori ripoff and another is basically a Darkness ripoff), but I found it amusing enough to entertain me for a few hours.

https://pa1.narvii.com/6204/cb1ea0fc9c22f377d24d69e81c8084c816a17cfd_00.gif

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/639867885562539870/8C86D9AECE833E86157CBA2D9A8FAD9AB4FE902A/

https://pa1.narvii.com/6088/7f6477c11f56ea004f0d19f2e2291df4479dd88b_hq.gif
View Quote

Technically Darkness would be the rip off but I see what your getting at
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:54:41 PM EDT
[#29]

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/001/297/076/908.jpg

View All Quotes

https://pa1.narvii.com/6204/cb1ea0fc9c22f377d24d69e81c8084c816a17cfd_00.gif

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/639867885562539870/8C86D9AECE833E86157CBA2D9A8FAD9AB4FE902A/

https://pa1.narvii.com/6088/7f6477c11f56ea004f0d19f2e2291df4479dd88b_hq.gif

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/001/297/076/908.jpg

Haha, that's actually a good point.  Or, more accurately, a bad point by me.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:27:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: targetworks] [#30]
I've started watching "Myriad Colors Phantom World" (Musaigen no Phantom World) on Crunchyroll (https://www.crunchyroll.com/myriad-colors-phantom-world) - it's four or five years old, and has gotten panned by a lot of viewers' reviews, but I've been seeing some really redeeming features that make it worth watching (at least, for me). It's a Kyo Ani title.

For some perspective, I do enjoy flights of fantasy into absurdism and bizarro worlds, especially if the artwork is impressive (for example, if you've seen the short but powerful Joker hallucination battle sequence in episode 12 of the recently-ended season 2 of Fire Force, En En No Shouboutai  [or 36th ep. in the whole series], "Shadows Cast by Divine Light" - I thought that that animated artwork sequence was stunning, but YMMV).

I've seen a few flashes of that level of genius so far in Myriad Colors, and I'm eagerly looking forward to finding more of them, even if I have to sit through some not-all-that-exciting tropes to get there.

I particularly enjoyed not only the artwork and animation but also the far-out concept underlying the limbo-dancing utility pole 'tsugomomo' spirits in ep. 1 of Phantom World, but I also kinda enjoyed the alternate reality bus trip and world that it takes them to along with the house and dinner scenes with Reina's alternate reality family in one of the later eps (disclaimer - yes, I'm a sucker for usagi characters with bunny-ears, too - like the deadly roller-skating flying bunny twin tag team in the 'why-can't-I-remember-the-name-of-it' series - you know, it was one of those animes that was designed to sell card games to pre-teens and otaku losers in the real world, whatever).

Also very much enjoying the physical humor and abuse that the otherwise generally bland and annoyingly clueless Haruhiko dishes out to the diminutive phantom Ruru (a.k.a. Rururaruri Rurararirararururirirari Rirararururararururararirari) - trust me, if you've ever had the urge to attack Disney's Tinker Bell with a fly-swatter, you'll enjoy these scenes as well.

(But then maybe I'm too-easily amused.)

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:32:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Someone needs to photoshop his mouth into a long "ee" sound and have it say WEEEEEEEBS!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:38:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Mikasa made one hell of an entrance there  (AoT Season 4 Ep6)

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:42:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:44:35 PM EDT
[#34]
MUSHOKU TENSEI: ISEKAI ITTARA HONKI DASU

This one is a winner so far.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By dizzy:
Mikasa made one hell of an entrance there  (AoT Season 4 Ep6)

View Quote

I forgive the show for last weeks blue balls. That may be one of the most intense, action packed episodes of any show ever.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#36]
I've been watching "BOFURI: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense." I just finished the 4th episode, and I'll be starting the 5th shortly. It's been enjoyable.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:21:36 PM EDT
[#37]
This has been a great read while being garbage all weekend

http://www.mangatown.com/manga/shiori_experience_jimi_na_watashi_to_hen_na_oji_san/

The art is awesome

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:22:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Sturmgeist:
I've been watching "BOFURI: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense." I just finished the 4th episode, and I'll be starting the 5th shortly. It's been enjoyable.
View Quote

It's silly, but really cute.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:00:24 PM EDT
[#39]
The 8th Son? Are You Kidding Me? started off okay for a mindless harem anime, but it quickly went downhill and after the 7th episode I'm out.

There was plenty wrong with it, but the thing that annoyed me most were the first two girls in his harem.  Even after the MC did so much for them they admit to each other that they only want to marry the MC for his money/influence.  Having obvious gold diggers is fine, but the show didn't portray them that way.  It portrayed the gold diggers as good people with absolutely nothing negative about it.

Also multiple episodes were building up to a fight at the end of it and then they don't even show the fights.  They just tell us what happened.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:58:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:09:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Not paying attention, start anime episode, put headphones on, hear english...'Gaaaa, the fuck is this shit?'...

I don't understand japanese, that said, it just doesn't seem right to be in english.  Oddly, I can usually tell when some things are mistranslated.  Wierd and amusing.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:14:11 PM EDT
[#42]
The 8th Son? Are You Kidding Me? started off okay for a mindless harem anime, but it quickly went downhill and after the 7th episode I'm out.

There was plenty wrong with it, but the thing that annoyed me most were the first two girls in his harem.  Even after the MC did so much for them they admit to each other that they only want to marry the MC for his money/influence.  Having obvious gold diggers is fine, but the show didn't portray them that way.  It portrayed the gold diggers as good people with absolutely nothing negative about it.

Also multiple episodes were building up to a fight at the end of it and then they don't even show the fights.  They just tell us what happened.
View Quote

Can't shame the average woman's behavior

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:07:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#43]

View Quote

They were raised with the understanding that they were going to be married off, and they may or may not end up having any say in who they marry (possible they could be married off to someone they can't stand).  The MC is someone who is a friend (recognizes that they have some personal goals, and doesn't view them as just breeding stock or a way to make alliances), so he makes a better than average marriage candidate on that part of the equation.  He shows great potential, and their families would be thrilled to marry them off to him, so he makes an excellent marriage candidate on that part of the equation.  

Yes, there's some gold digging aspect to their motives, but it's not quite that simple.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:22:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#44]
Originally Posted By RandomGuy1911A1:

View All Quotes

Haha, true, but average women have no place as main characters in a lowbrow isekai.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By JPN:

They were raised with the understanding that they were going to be married off, and they may or may not end up having any say in who they marry (possible they could be married off to someone they can't stand).  The MC is someone who is a friend (recognizes that they have some personal goals, and doesn't view them as just breeding stock or a way to make alliances), so he makes a better than average marriage candidate on that part of the equation.  He shows great potential, and their families would be thrilled to marry them off to him, so he makes an excellent marriage candidate on that part of the equation.  

Yes, there's some gold digging aspect to their motives, but it's not quite that simple.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JPN:

When a girl explicitly says she is trying to marry a guy just because of what she can personally get from his money and power...

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:45:58 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Animation is definitely great looking. Finished up the second episode.

Whole lot seems packed into two episodes though, will have to see if the worlds start making a bit more sense later on.
Basic premises I’ve gotten so far:
Is bullied
Lost her friend
The eggs lead to having to fight the fears of other girls in some fashion.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:23:25 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm still enjoying Golden Kamuy.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:00:33 AM EDT
[#48]
It looks like they released the Nagatoro trailer.  I'm glad they animated her noodle arms.

I'm still enjoying Golden Kamuy.
View Quote

I've only heard good things about that show.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:07:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Agilt:

Whole lot seems packed into two episodes though, will have to see if the worlds start making a bit more sense later on.
Is bullied
Lost her friend
View Quote

Yeah that’s about what I got out of it

It’s just a hunch but Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:27:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Agilt] [#50]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Agilt:

Is bullied
Lost her friend

Ahh, good call. Seems like that would be a good potential explanation.
Page / 742
Who watches Anime? (Page 336 of 742)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top