Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2022 7:48:59 PM EDT
Without divulging to much, I was asked if I had anyone that wanted to raise me.  My 3rd should be coming up in the next few months, and we (3 of us) have been shown to be proficient by WM.  

I dont have any family members that are masons, but a friend is a MM.  Had no dealings with until after I got in lodge.  I guess what Im looking for is how important is the person doing the "raising".  I dont want to miss out on something I will regret, i was told I should take some time to reflect on who, if anyone.  

Any advice here?

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:25:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:31:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats kind of what I was looking for.  Thanks for the advice brother.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:57:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I Raised our oldest and the Grand Master was in our Lodge when our youngest was Raised. He and I did it together.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#4]
One of my closest friends was acting WM when I was raised and he was the one that raised me.  He has now laid down his working tools, so that memory is very special to me.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:28:10 AM EDT
[#5]
As long as they are a Master Mason in a recognized GL they should be able to do the job.  Speak to your WM well in advance to your 3rd to set it up as a courtesy
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:29:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 8:55:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Just to follow up with this, my 3rd is tomorrow night.  I asked my coach to do it.  I respect him a ton and he has put in a ton of work meeting twice a week.

Looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Good luck with the goat.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:08:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RogueShot12er:
Good luck with the goat.
View Quote

It was awesome, the degree not the goat .  I am still trying to soak it all in.  We also had supposedly one of the largest turnouts in a year or so.  Ran out of food.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:17:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 6:35:11 AM EDT
[#11]
I will check it out, thanks brother!
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 7:11:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By tyranid:
As long as they are a Master Mason in a recognized GL they should be able to do the job.  Speak to your WM well in advance to your 3rd to set it up as a courtesy
View Quote

They still need to be able to confer the degree from memory....
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 6:05:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Chadsc:

It was awesome, the degree not the goat .  I am still trying to soak it all in.  We also had supposedly one of the largest turnouts in a year or so.  Ran out of food.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 7:49:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: medicmandan] [#14]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 9:37:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By medicmandan:
Congratulations!

There is certainly a lot to absorb from that degree (and the two others).

Not sure if you can order it without joining but the Scottish Rite, but if you can the Symbolic Lodge course is really good for digging into those degrees.

https://mastercraftsmancollege.org/course-details/Dk
View Quote
I am currently working through this course.  It is a LOT to digest but it is so good!
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 10:34:55 PM EDT
[#16]
My Dad raised me, as did his father to him.

It was touching and I’m not too proud to say there were a few tears.

There were 9 current WMs and 14 past Masters at my raising and I was humbled…
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top