Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2021 11:05:36 AM EDT
I am tired of the doom and gloom and need to get on the trail for some much needed therapy.. I'm about to head to a local trail with my son. It will be a nicer 55 degrees in North Georgia. Tomorrow will be some gravel riding in the mountains in the early morning.

What are your plans? Let's see some trail and bike pics. Maybe some Gopro footage!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:28:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Negative, Ghostrider.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Probably not exactly what you had in mind, but we usually do a family bike ride every Sunday.  Wife and I have high-quality mountain bikes, but the older 2 kids just have the cheap big box store bikes so far, and I pull a trailer with 2 toddlers in it.  We typically stop at ponds in the neighborhoods to feed the fat ducks (corn, not white bread) or stop to play at the parks.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:00:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Probably not exactly what you had in mind, but we usually do a family bike ride every Sunday.  Wife and I have high-quality mountain bikes, but the older 2 kids just have the cheap big box store bikes so far, and I pull a trailer with 2 toddlers in it.  We typically stop at ponds in the neighborhoods to feed the fat ducks (corn, not white bread) or stop to play at the parks.
View Quote

Pedalingnis pedaling. Not every ride has to be an epic backcountry adventure. I was just thinking today that it is time to hit the greenway again with the whole family.

Our ride got cut short today. My son's brake pads were toast and the spring got sucked into his rotor. Needless to say, he had no rear brake. The shop closest to the trail had none in stock.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:31:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I rode a new trail today. Paused for this photo.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:31:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Going to ride around the high school campus in a couple hours. The campus is gigantic, with a fair network of roads, plus a decent network of trails that are used for cross-country track, so I can get in some decent excercise/stress relief.

The bike's a Trek Marlin 6. Not super fancy, hi-tech, or expensive, but it does what I need it to do.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:50:04 PM EDT
[#6]
As a youngster and even as a young man, I loved and was almost almost impervious to cold weather.  Now, anything less than 75 and sunny feels freezing to me.  

So............................

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:13:08 PM EDT
[#7]
This morning was cold and the Rangers had a section of the route closed off, but managed it get 21 miles in.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:16:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I rode a new trail today. Paused for this photo.

https://i.imgur.com/sRpwYkN.jpg?1
View Quote

That looks like fun. I've wanted a fat bike just don't think it would get any use from me down here.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:59:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I got 23 miles in today in Pisgah (Grandfather Ranger District) on my Honzo Esd
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:03:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Offspring,  your in N. Georgia, check out Factor Components.
They are in Clayton GA ( if I'm not mistaken).
They can possibly point you to some off the map trails!
??
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:46:09 AM EDT
[#11]
26 miles this weekend. I don't have any pictures from this weekend, but here's a couple from one of my favorite trails.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:56:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
26 miles this weekend. I don't have any pictures from this weekend, but here's a couple from one of my favorite trails.

https://i.imgur.com/8Q5kulE.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ZW3AQPT.jpg
View Quote

Santos or Alafia?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:40:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Did 31mi on the road with a couple that I know. Temp in the low 40s.  We were climbing a steep hill and his cleat came loose..He went over and smacked his head on the road (Thank God for helmets) ..About 100 yards after that his GF flatted.

I'm back on the trainer today
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Santos or Alafia?
View Quote

Alafia
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:47:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Alafia
View Quote

Probably the best trail in Florida even though there are only a few that are noteworthy.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:00:57 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought a used Kona “Jake” a week or so ago. Put a new headset, seat, and fr deraileaur on. New cables and housing. Only 12 miles yesterday but I am stoked on the new ride
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I bought a used Kona “Jake” a week or so ago. Put a new headset, seat, and fr deraileaur on. New cables and housing. Only 12 miles yesterday but I am stoked on the new ride
View Quote

That bike is pretty cool! What year model do you have?
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 10:51:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes, @40 miles tomorrow.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:58:05 AM EDT
[#19]

What's the temperature in your area? Im about to drag my ass out of bed and plunge into the 32 air for maybe 12 miles this morning (off road).
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 8:38:45 AM EDT
[#20]
19 degrees here right now, but should be in the 20s when we ride 20+ miles on the trails at White Clay later this morning
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 9:53:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What's the temperature in your area? Im about to drag my ass out of bed and plunge into the 32 air for maybe 12 miles this morning (off road).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

43 at 8:00 will be 57 later with some sun
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 1:40:40 PM EDT
[#22]
It was so cold (to me) this morning but got 13 miles in.

Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:10:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Nice afternoon this time of year.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:49:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Took a short ride behind the house this afternoon.  Picked up a new Pivot Trail 429 yesterday, so outfitted it with accessories this morning and got the cockpit adjusted.

I'm in the middle of some PT for muscle imbalance so my legs are really sore...the ride was a little miserable, but it rides nce..
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:53:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Took a short ride behind the house this afternoon.  Picked up a new Pivot Trail 429 yesterday, so outfitted it with accessories this morning and got the cockpit adjusted.

I'm in the middle of some PT for muscle imbalance so my legs are really sore...the ride was a little miserable, but it rides nce..
View Quote

My riding buddy has that same bike and he loves it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 8:58:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Took my Cannonade Slate on a short ride just to make sure everything is cool.  I have an 83mi gravel race next Saturday ..Gonna Hurt!
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 12:04:46 PM EDT
[#28]

Nice.

Im gonna take my fatty out here in a while if the wind doesnt pick up too much. Out here though its for the sand not the snow.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 2:49:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe an 07
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 11:49:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome.  Hunting (general gun) ended Wednesday, so I'm jonesing to get out on some Natl Forest singletrack (ride from home), but work and weather are battling against me. Hopefully I can sneak in between rains tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 9:39:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Will try to get 20 or so in this morning before the rain. We have a fast and flat route through the city that’s not bad.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 2:17:26 PM EDT
[#32]
I got 12 miles in this morning despite the temp being in the low 30s.

Link Posted: 2/6/2021 2:55:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Well that ride was cut short.

E13 dropper catastrophic failure.

Pushed the seat down and SNAP!

SEAT BUSTED RIGHT OFF.

Attachment Attached File

That serious had some potential to hurt.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:12:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Well that ride was cut short.

E13 dropper catastrophic failure.

Pushed the seat down and SNAP!

SEAT BUSTED RIGHT OFF.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/317810/PXL_20210206_182141340_jpg-1813325.JPG

That serious had some potential to hurt.
View Quote

My personal experience with E13 is that their stuff is garbage. I replaced all the E13 shit that came on my bike within the first year of buying it (TRSr carbon wheels, TRSr carbon cranks, bottom bracket, and cassette).

I have had good luck with the Fox Transfer, Crank Brothers Highline, and I just put a PNW Loam post on my YT. So far it is awesome. It even has rebound adjustment!
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Yeah, I'm starting to learn that.

It's not even a cheap post, I have to go check but I think it was like $250. I liked the speed, and fully mechanical simplicity of it so much I added one to my trail bike...

So now I've got two of these things...I don't really trust them, and I ride the trail bike on worse and rougher trails than the fatty.

Submitted a warranty claim, let's see where this goes.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 8:53:36 PM EDT
[#36]
I did a warranty claim for my wheel last March. Right at the beginning of the China virus. Their stuff is made in China and it took over a month to get a replacement wheel. The time frame was understandable with things out of their control, but their communication and response sucked.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 10:21:50 PM EDT
[#37]
That sucks, at least i have a spare xfusion post for the mean while.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 1:58:04 PM EDT
[#38]
First time trial of the year yesterday.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 6:59:11 PM EDT
[#39]
The weather was awesome today and the trails were perfect!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top