Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2018 5:55:43 AM EDT
All you need is a Stihl 390 saw, a couple big oak trees way down in the creek, a steep creek bank and an 8lb splitting maul.

You can work your arms, shoulders, core, back, thighs, hamstrings and get some good cardio all at the same  time!

Link Posted: 11/18/2018 6:04:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Atta boy.

Get yourself a Fiskars X27
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice.  Lack of a gym is what kept me from being in shape all these years.  I'd trade it for some land like that though!  Soon.....buying a nice bit of acreage in AK in the spring, as I start to move my life from MI back to CO for a few years until the boy graduates, then I'll be off to AK by age 50.

Anyway, all these years, like a dumbass, I avoided just buying the right stuff.

I recently picked up a rack, bar, bench, and some plates, and now....voila!  I have a basement gym.  Oh and flags.  Gotta have flags. (pics later)

It wasn't even expensive.  Other than the bar (got the rack from CL and the plates from U of M Athletic Dept selling off old stuff) the prettiest item I have is this sweet Rogue plate rack, which I love.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 10:14:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Was at the gym this morning,  the motivation fine looking women working out makes it worth it for me.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 11:25:58 AM EDT
[#4]
what? no bucking saw?
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 11:27:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was at the gym this morning,  the motivation fine looking women working out makes it worth it for me.
View Quote
They seem to position themselves so I can see them in the mirror, strange.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 1:07:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Almost as good as a truck load of haybales
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 2:20:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Back in my late teens, working at my folks sign shop carrying around 4x8 sheets of plywood and digging post holes for signs kept me in shape.  Now here living in the city and sitting at a desk doing graphics on the Mac all day, I need a gym or some free weights at home to keep in shape.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 3:49:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Manual labor is not the same as a gym workout
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 7:28:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Manual labor is not the same as a gym workout
View Quote
I wish it was, I would be fucking jacked.

My job just beats me to shit and I have to spend all winter trying to recover from it and get my weight back up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top