Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/15/2022 11:50:27 PM EDT
PGA tour pros crushing it 330+ yards splitting the fairway
or MLB pros crushing 90+ MPH fastballs to 400+ ft?

I know a golf ball isn't flying toward you at 90+ mph but that isn't the question.
Who is the more powerful hitter?

Ever hear the sound of a tour pro hitting a driver? just a different sound in person.
Bubba Watson records 424-yard drive at Bridgestone Invitational

baseball pros are crazy powerful
Ridiculously Long Home Runs
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:03:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Not easily comparable but there are a lot of baseball players that can hit a golf ball a long long ways. And probably not many golfers that can hit a baseball very far.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:06:29 AM EDT
[#2]
MLB hitter.

Look at someone like Julio Rodriguez vs Tiger Woods and tell me who is the more powerful man.

Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:06:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not easily comparable but there are a lot of baseball players that can hit a golf ball a long long ways. And probably not many golfers that can hit a baseball very far.
View Quote

Or at all, not that this is what we're talking about but regardless.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:08:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Mike Tyson.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:08:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Barry Bonds.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:08:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Not even close, MLB hitter.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:15:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:19:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Has to be baseball players. Are there any high level golfers to compare to beasts like Mark McGwire, Giancarlo Stanton, or Frank Thomas?
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:20:41 AM EDT
[#9]
MLB steroid era
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:23:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm going MLB hitters.

I saw a documentary film about a semi-pro ice hockey player who impetuously switched to golf using a running start swing and pretty much beat the pants off the best golfers on the PGA tour.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:24:04 AM EDT
[#11]
When you miss a fastball no one laughs at you.  When you miss a golf ball they don't give two more free tries at it either.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:24:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Imagine being Will Cordero’s phone.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:25:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm going MLB hitters.

I saw a documentary film about a semi-pro ice hockey player who impetuously switched to golf using a running start swing and pretty much beat the pants off the best golfers on the PGA tour.
View Quote

That was Happy Gilmore.    
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:29:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Hunter Biden.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:31:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That was Happy Gilmore.    
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm going MLB hitters.

That was Happy Gilmore.    

Ah yes, Sorry... Forgot his name. He was pretty good though, yes?

You think Happy Gilmore could hit a home run?
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:36:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Matt Holliday hit a home run ball hard enough to make a dent in the metal scoreboard in Milwaukee, that's over 400 feet away and something like 100 feet up.

He also hit a line drive home run into "Big Mac Land" in St Louis which is probably a similar distance, it hit hard enough to break the (thankfully) empty seat that it impacted.

If you could make a baseball bat with the kind of technology that's in a golf club, the power MLB hitters would be hitting 650 foot home runs. Try giving a pro golfer a solid wood club and see how far he can hit a ball. Golf is a lot more about finesse and physics than raw power. These MLB hitters getting 110mph off the bat, on a ball that hits their bat less than a foot from their hands... that's power.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:37:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
MLB hitter.

Look at someone like Julio Rodriguez vs Tiger Woods and tell me who is the more powerful man.

View Quote

When is comes to ball striking?
Some of those string bean tour players create a shit ton of leverage
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:39:56 AM EDT
[#18]
I play golf with a guy who was a AA minor league baseball player. He flat out crushes the ball.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:42:24 AM EDT
[#19]
It takes skill to hit a ball into a tiny hole that is hundreds of yards away, any schmuck of the street can hit a baseball.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:43:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It takes skill to hit a ball into a tiny hole that is hundreds of yards away, any schmuck of the street can hit a baseball.
View Quote

You think you could even hit a foul on a 100moh fastball from a MLB pitcher? Serious question.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:44:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm going MLB hitters.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:47:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Baseball for sure.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:47:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm going MLB hitters.

View Quote

I remember that.  His short game was the initial struggle.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:56:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You think you could even hit a foul on a 100moh fastball from a MLB pitcher? Serious question.
View Quote

The only way I make contact with that ball is if I step in front of it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:02:22 AM EDT
[#25]
A golf ball is small and designed to fly.

A baseball is bigger and designed to be thrown.

So I’m going with baseball player.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:08:50 AM EDT
[#26]
I would look at physiques… who looks more powerful?

It’s an easy answer.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:09:47 AM EDT
[#27]
imagine following mlb

phallic objects

men running

smh
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:10:17 AM EDT
[#28]
As far as power,

MLB hitter. Not even debateable in my opinion.

Golfers are swinging a lighter object with a much longer and flexible shaft to really increase club speed. The golf ball is much lighter too.

Then you add in the challenge of the ball being thrown at you at different speeds and movement
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:13:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I would look at physiques… who looks more powerful?

It’s an easy answer.
View Quote

You’d be surprised how big some golfers are. You’d also be surprised how small some baseballs players are.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:14:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
imagine following mlb

phallic objects

men running

smh
View Quote

Imagine making a stupid fucking post and saying you see a dick shaped object when there isn’t one.

SMH.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:15:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Imagine making a stupid fucking post and saying you see a dick shaped object when there isn’t one.

SMH.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
imagine following mlb

phallic objects

men running

smh

SMH.

clubs and bats are representations of dicks fam²

i don't make the rules, that just how it be
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:16:43 AM EDT
[#32]
According to Google a baseball bat contacting a fast ball generates 6000-8000 psi, while a golf club is generating 4000 psi.

Of note though, is a golf ball is stationary, and a golf club weighs a lot less.

A golf club is also swung faster than a baseball bat.

So to answer your question, Happy Gilmore wins.

(Golf club wins if we’re going psi to a fixed object, baseball bat wins if we’re comparing them as played. Everything else is entirely dependent on the person doing it.)
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:18:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The only way I make contact with that ball is if I step in front of it.
View Quote

Honestly, even that would be hard unless you started moving to the plate before the release.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:19:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm going MLB hitters.

Apparently he was coached up by a pro at a mini-golf range. One session even!

How hard could golf even be? Sheesh.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:19:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’d get a hit.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:23:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Squatdog
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:23:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:25:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I’d get a hit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’d get a hit.

Maybe or maybe not?

If you have some sort of experience playing baseball at any pro level, I can see it. I mean SOME people can do it, as we see throughout the MLB season. If not...LOL come on, man...

It's me saying since I can throw a football 60 yards, I can hit a covered receiver at 30 yards against an NFL pass rush. It ain't happening for me or probably anyone here.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:26:46 AM EDT
[#39]
In my younger days I saw Mark McGwire turn around a Randy Johnson fastball at the Kingdome. It left so fast and so far we though it could bore through the concrete.

Got to go with baseball, and I enjoy golf.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:33:37 AM EDT
[#40]
MLB players
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:35:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Baseball players, and it isn't even close.  PGA tour players are playing with the absolute pinnacle of current technology, while MLB players are still swinging wooden bats...imagine the HR numbers if they were allowed to use aluminum or composite bats.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:36:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Mike Tyson.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:36:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

If we're talking MLB pitches... you could take off the "very far" and that would still be true.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:44:41 AM EDT
[#44]
I don't follow either sport... but when was the last time you heard about a major golfer being busted for steroids or PEDs?
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:45:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Baseball players.

That said, If you’ve never heard it, PGA players make a sound striking their ball off the tee that is something you’ll never hear at your local course. Those dudes are something else.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:47:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Maybe or maybe not?

If you have some sort of experience playing baseball at any pro level, I can see it. I mean SOME people can do it, as we see throughout the MLB season. If not...LOL come on, man...

It's me saying since I can throw a football 60 yards, I can hit a covered receiver at 30 yards against an NFL pass rush. It ain't happening for me or probably anyone here.
View Quote

When I was a kid I had a tee that had a ball attached to a string and I could get it to wrap all away around the shaft of the tee like 90% of the time I hit it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:51:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I don't follow either sport... but when was the last time you heard about a major golfer being busted for steroids or PEDs?
View Quote

Do they even test? PEDs don't help you hit a baseball.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:51:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm going MLB hitters.

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:53:31 AM EDT
[#49]
In order for this to be a fair comparison, if MLB uses a wood bat then the golfers also have to use a club made from wood.

Or let the MLB players use an aluminum bat.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:57:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
In order for this to be a fair comparison, if MLB uses a wood bat then the golfers also have to use a club made from wood.

Or let the MLB players use an aluminum bat.
View Quote

There is no pro golfer that can do this.

Yordan Álvarez - 2019 Rookie of the Year Highlights

But there are plenty of MLB players that can hit a golf ball 300+ yards.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top