Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2021 11:36:04 PM EDT
I have been reading the policy and applications of various firearms and/or collectors insurance companies.  Many don't want serial numbers, some have a requirement to list firearms valued at over $10k, some at over $2500, etc.

I am no genius at insurance practices in general, and each company seems to have its own individual merits.

However, is there anyone here who has actually suffered a loss (theft?  fire?) and filed a claim (not with home owner's insurance, but with an actual collectibles company)?  And how did that go?

I am looking at something I can use to thin out the herd a bit.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:42:21 PM EDT
[#1]
They will all go under due to boating accidents in the near future.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:46:28 PM EDT
[#2]
A guy had a thread not too long ago about having to file with Collectible. It went well for him and I was happy to hear since they’re my insurance company.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:54:34 PM EDT
[#3]
That's the name?  Collectible Insurance?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:00:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's the name?  Collectible Insurance?
View Quote

Yes

Well, Collectibles to be exact.

https://collectinsure.com/guns
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:40:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Thinking about going ahead and switching from USAA to CIS. I got a $12,000 pair of nods that I want to add and their quote gives me an additional 5,000 over what USAA does for $220 cheaper a year. Anyone else use them and have any concerns or all GTG?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top