Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2021 1:39:08 PM EDT
I'm surprised there wasn'ta topic already her discussing this and if i missed it don't hesitate pointing me in the right direction.

Like the title states, who are the 2nd amendment organizations that we should be supporting?

GOA
Firearm policy coalition
Others?

And yes i left off the NRA on purpose.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:54:59 PM EDT
[#1]
You nailed it as far as nation wide organizations go in my opinion. My state has an excellent state level organization as well (as well as a terrible organization). My advice is find and get involved in state level as well. It could well be more important.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:19:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm surprised there wasn'ta topic already her discussing this and if i missed it don't hesitate pointing me in the right direction.

Like the title states, who are the 2nd amendment organizations that we should be supporting?

GOA
Firearm policy coalition
Others?

And yes i left off the NRA on purpose.

View Quote

Wut, FWLP needs a new suit
Seriously though, I  throw my $ and time @ local grass roots orgs. Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:34:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Support all you can afford to. I still support the NRA, GOA, and Florida grass roots FGR. Just my advice all politics aside. We need all the help we can muster.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:44:50 PM EDT
[#4]
VCDL and other grass roots local organizations.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:31:21 PM EDT
[#5]
SAF - Second Amendment Foundation

https://www.saf.org/
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I am a member of the NRA (lifetime from several years ago), GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, and the VCDL.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 12:18:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
SAF - Second Amendment Foundation

https://www.saf.org/
View Quote

You can also support SAF on Amazon Smile, make sure to place all of your orders thru https://smile.amazon.com/ once you select them as your charity.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:09:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Second amendment foundation and GOA.  I left the NRA when Wayne (in love with himself) LaPeirre built himself a 6 million dollar mansion at the member's expense.  Sorry Wayne, you're not a corporation and you are not worth anywhere near that.  He needs to be gone, yesterday.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 9:16:12 AM EDT
[#9]
In addition to what's been mentioned I also support American Suppressor Association.  More of a niche organization but still worth supporting if you care about that stuff
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 4:40:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Not a national, but BFA (Buckeye Firearms Assoc) would sure appreciate your support.

Link Posted: 4/23/2021 5:34:06 AM EDT
[#11]
NRA, GOA, NAAGA, Your states organizations also!!!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 9:38:27 AM EDT
[#12]
I've been supporting NRA since the early 1970s and have never regretted it.  I'll continue, but I agree with supporting local, grassroots organizations as well, provided they actually have a track record with your state legislature or city council/county trusties.  IA has a very active statel level organization with deepening roots and reach.  We've had one here in cornland, however, who constantly preached the "sky is falling" in towns large and small but our preemption law would kill almost any action they might try to impose and none of it comes to fuition once that's pointed out, Bloomberg cash or not.  Most of the residents wouldn't stand for it, either.  Don't waste money, or time on these types.  Know your laws and don't trust someone to play you.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 1:33:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He needs to be gone, yesterday.
View Quote

Absolutely, and I'm a life member.  Not a penny until he's gone.  

In the meantime, this year I've joined GOA, FPC and SAF.  After watching several 2A-related videos on court battles and legislation (i.e. Guns & Gadgets, Armed Scholar, MrGunsNgear, MAC etc) it sure seems like these organizations are in the trenches and the swamp a lot more than the NRA.    
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 1:23:50 AM EDT
[#14]
NRA and to a lesser extent FPC are funding the NYSRPA concealed carry permit case at the Supreme Court, which is probably the most significant gun rights case in over a hundred years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top