Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/4/2019 6:37:26 PM EDT
I want to get a 3D printer. My wife is always looking for suggestions for Christmas gifts and with the season approaching, I think I might start dropping hints.

I want something that is affordable, will do good quality work, is easy to operate and won't make me wish we had bought a better one. I don't mind tinkering and assembling my own from a kit. In fact, I love tinkering and assembling stuff.  But I also don't want her to order something only to discover I still need to buy this or that set of components to get printing.

In other words, I want a one box solution that will let me print strong parts with a good finish so I can spend a day or two learning it and have completed parts before going back to work after the holidays.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:14:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 10:12:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
While it isn't out yet, I would take a HARD look at the new Prusa Mini coming out.

Won't be arriving before Christmas, but any of the cheaper Chinese models will need a lot of tinkering.

ETA: Not necessarily need lots of tinkering to get going out of the box, but they tend to need more tinkering to keep them going. Exceptions of course, and some mods/upgrades take care of many issues, and some folks just have great luck with them. The Ender 3 is pretty popular for Chinese printers.
View Quote
This. Prusa Mini will be your best bang for the buck. Trouble free printing and great support.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 10:28:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Ive always liked the Tevo stuff and would suggest looking into the Tevo Tarantula Pro.
Very similar $ and mechanics as the over-hyped ender 3, but laid out a lil better and much better control board.

Prusa is nice, but you pretty much paying for a rollmark there. You can get a lot more for your money elsewhere.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 1:31:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 1:52:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ive always liked the Tevo stuff and would suggest looking into the Tevo Tarantula Pro.
Very similar $ and mechanics as the over-hyped ender 3, but laid out a lil better and much better control board.

Prusa is nice, but you pretty much paying for a rollmark there. You can get a lot more for your money elsewhere.
View Quote
Speaking as a Tevo owner, of the OG tarantula, I would never recommend them to anyone.  Had way too many QC issues with their boards and beds (2 of which caught fire because of their shitty connectors). An Anet A8 would be a better starting point from which you can print the parts to make it into a much better printer. Granted by the time you're done with it, it'll look nothing like an A8 .

If your buying a kit, and you're not in it for the journey, just pony up the money and buy a preassembled unit. In the end it might actually be cheaper.  I've got a lot of money spent in mods to my tarantula and from what I've spent putting together a Hypercube.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#6]
The "bones" of the Ender 3 series are actually not bad, especially for the money.  If you use care in getting things assembled correctly, i.e. square & with correct tightness on the offset wheels and belts, it can produce quality prints in PLA right from the first day.

The only updates that need doing right away are the bowden tube fittings, the level adjuster wheel springs & maybe going to a capricorn style bowden tube.  After that, there are a variety of things you can do, but are really optional for the most part.  For me, the first significant optional update was adding a bootloader & flashing the firmware with Marlin.  That let me add manual mesh bed leveling which helped with the quality on my initial layer by compensating for minor waviness in the glass bed.  There are quite a few off-the-shelf upgrades you could buy for an Ender 3 & still be well under the $500 mark.

Not pushing Ender 3, but I've been satisfied with both the "bang for the buck" and the build capability I got with mine (it's my only 3d printer experience).  There is a learning curve, but it isn't bad.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 9:22:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I think that the Ender 3 is a very nice first printer. It prints well right out of the box and if you decide that you don't really like 3D printing then you're not out a lot of money.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 9:28:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Amazon Prime CR10S from the actual Creality store.

If anything fucks up or os broke out of box just submit a ticket and get the thing replaced within 24 hours.

I like my CR10 S a ton.   But thefirst one did arrive with broken bits.

Had replacement coming within 5min of opening the box and fonding problem.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 10:36:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Speaking as a Tevo owner, of the OG tarantula, I would never recommend them to anyone.  Had way too many QC issues with their boards and beds (2 of which caught fire because of their shitty connectors). An Anet A8 would be a better starting point from which you can print the parts to make it into a much better printer. Granted by the time you're done with it, it'll look nothing like an A8 .

If your buying a kit, and you're not in it for the journey, just pony up the money and buy a preassembled unit. In the end it might actually be cheaper.  I've got a lot of money spent in mods to my tarantula and from what I've spent putting together a Hypercube.
View Quote
OG will def make you, or break you lol.
If you put in the effort and make that thing your bitch, you will learn more, and faster, than any of the new-fangled easy button printers out nowadays.

Not sure which connector you are talking about, but that is typically a user error problem (put together wrong or just not tight enough).
Ive never had a prob with one, but I never underestimate peoples ability to fk things up

If the type that had the connector right on the bed, that is a strain relief prob that anybody with any mech aptitude would have known better than to let flop, and tuned up during assembly.

For sure on the last part, different strokes for different folks.
If you put in the effort and learn with a kit, shit gets real easy real quick once you get over the initial hump. You will know wtf is going on and be able to understand and fix whatever prob you run into.
You pony up the big bucks for an easy button printer and it might be easier at 1st, but since you skipped a whole bunch of the basic stuff its gonna be a struggle every time you run into a prob because you dont understand what makes these things tick.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 6:16:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok, so it looks like the Ender 3 is the way to go if I want to build a kit? (I do want to build a kit, part of the fun.)
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 6:25:05 PM EDT
[#11]
The Ender 3 is not really a kit, the major components are already together & the electronics installed, just some assembly & cable connections required.  The trick is to assemble the framework and gantry so things are square & secure and to adjust the eccentric wheels with just enough tension track without play.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The Ender 3 is not really a kit, the major components are already together & the electronics installed, just some assembly & cable connections required.  The trick is to assemble the framework and gantry so things are square & secure and to adjust the eccentric wheels with just enough tension track without play.
View Quote
Ok, fair enough. I think I can get that to work.

Any recommendations on type and brand of filament to get started with?
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 7:00:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 7:58:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Lately been using a lot of black eSun PLA+  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EKEMDA6/ with good results. Also this 3D Solutech natural clear PLA https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MB3CV6K
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 9:26:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ok, so it looks like the Ender 3 Tevo Tarantula Pro is the way to go if I want to build a kit? (I do want to build a kit, part of the fun.)
View Quote
FTFY
You dont know why, and you wont for a few weeks/months, but the Tarantula Pro is what you want.
When the Ender guys figure out wtf they are doing and start modding, the most common stuff they add is prob the stuff that comes stock on the Tarantula.
And its still not as good as the Tarantula because of how tight CR packed everything.

Tarantula Pro is more of a kit. A few of the assemblies are partially assembled though.
Its easy, I didnt even look at the instructions when I put mine together (not my 1st rodeo though).

Helped a buddy put his ender together, was not a fan. Shit just wayy too tight and cumbersome to deal with.
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 12:54:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Im in kinda the same boat as the OP. Any reason not to look at the resin style printers? they seem really appealing with good print resolution and high strength.

only downside seems to be the size. I mainly just want to print some 37mm/40mm projectile parts/ NVG parts/accessories/ and things like stage savers for 3-gun.

plus once i get good at CAD im sure ill be making my own designed good stuff
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 2:46:49 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm mostly going to be printing camera accessories, amateur radio/electronics accessories, toys for my kids and maybe some gun stuff down the line.

I am not opposed to upgrading to a bigger and better printer in the future after I can demonstrate its usefulness to my wife. When I can print some cute jewelry for our kids she will be totally on board. Things like phone cases will interest her the most but she will probably expect much higher print quality than is realistic.

Of course you can always sand and polish, right?
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 10:31:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 3:36:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

OG will def make you, or break you lol.
If you put in the effort and make that thing your bitch, you will learn more, and faster, than any of the new-fangled easy button printers out nowadays.

Not sure which connector you are talking about, but that is typically a user error problem (put together wrong or just not tight enough).
Ive never had a prob with one, but I never underestimate peoples ability to fk things up

If the type that had the connector right on the bed, that is a strain relief prob that anybody with any mech aptitude would have known better than to let flop, and tuned up during assembly.

For sure on the last part, different strokes for different folks.
If you put in the effort and learn with a kit, shit gets real easy real quick once you get over the initial hump. You will know wtf is going on and be able to understand and fix whatever prob you run into.
You pony up the big bucks for an easy button printer and it might be easier at 1st, but since you skipped a whole bunch of the basic stuff its gonna be a struggle every time you run into a prob because you dont understand what makes these things tick.
View Quote
Yeah the bed connector at the bed caught fire even with strain relief in it.  Figured it was a fluke till the replacement bed did it. Both beds lost their buildplate sticker pretty quickly. Not really a big deal as the OEM one is kinda crappy. I just use a sheet of glass to help with the flatness as the OEM one warps pretty badly when heated.

The board connectors started to show signs of failure despite being right. I removed them and soldered direct to the board.

All was good for ~3mo then I had a stepper driver die, and since they're integral to the board it can't be replaced. I modified the firmware to use the second extruders driver as the Y axis.

I learned a ton from it, so as disappointed as I am in their support/QAQC of parts I did learn to fix quite literally everything on it. Which paved the way for my second printer build and laid the foundation for the CNC router I'm planning. As soon as the second printer is up and running I'll be tearing down the Tevo and addressing some glaring issues with the frame. It'll end up looking more like a Taz in the end and I want it setup with a direct drive extruder for printing flexibles and a quick change tool head for a laser.  All linear motion will be handled by linear rails or rods and the Z axis will be handled by direct drive steppers.  The only remaining Tevo parts will be a few steppers IIRC. Possibly some extrusions, T nuts, and joining pieces.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 11:22:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
FTFY
You dont know why, and you wont for a few weeks/months, but the Tarantula Pro is what you want.
When the Ender guys figure out wtf they are doing and start modding, the most common stuff they add is prob the stuff that comes stock on the Tarantula.
And its still not as good as the Tarantula because of how tight CR packed everything.

Tarantula Pro is more of a kit. A few of the assemblies are partially assembled though.
Its easy, I didnt even look at the instructions when I put mine together (not my 1st rodeo though).

Helped a buddy put his ender together, was not a fan. Shit just wayy too tight and cumbersome to deal with.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok, so it looks like the Ender 3 Tevo Tarantula Pro is the way to go if I want to build a kit? (I do want to build a kit, part of the fun.)
FTFY

I am In the same situation as OP, and was looking at the Ender 3 as well. I hadn't come across the tarantula, but it looks very nice! Can you say what the Tarantula Pro offers over the base model?
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 2:50:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Option A: Save another $250 and get a Prusa i3
Option B: Get an Ender 3 (or 5, which would be the way I'd go) right now.
Option C: Wait on the Prusa Mini.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 5:47:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Tevo Tarantula Pro. Seriously.
The new Tarantula RS looks like a sweet setup (32bit, AC bed) for a bit more coin, but I would suggest not jumping straight into 32bit.

It is basically the same as an ender3, but Tevo did a better job dotting t's and crossing i's.
Tevo doesnt come with some weird low end board like the ender.
Tarantula Pro comes with prob the most popular board available now (MKS Gen L) that will cover you all the way until you jump to 32bit.

No Prusa. Get one of the inexpensive ones in case this hobby isnt for you.
Might be slightly more difficult the 1st week, but the things you learn in that week are things that you need to know if you want to get anywhere with this stuff.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 5:50:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The new Tarantula RS looks like a sweet setup (32bit, AC bed) for a bit more coin, but I would suggest not jumping straight into 32bit.

It is basically the same as an ender3, but Tevo did a better job dotting t's and crossing i's.
Tarantula Pro comes with prob the most popular board available now (MKS Gen L) that will cover you all the way until you jump to 32bit.

Might be slightly more difficult the 1st week, but the things you learn in that week are things that you need to know if you want to get anywhere with this stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The reason why I suggest Creality Ender printers at the low end is because they have a gigantic community. When you're starting out, you're gonna run into a ton of issues. The thing with Enders is, someone has already had all the issues and will know exactly what to do about it. Tevo doesn't have that characteristic. If you are just looking for something cheap and super capable, then I'd say look at a Sapphire. But... Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 9:42:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The reason why I suggest Creality Ender printers at the low end is because they have a gigantic community. When you're starting out, you're gonna run into a ton of issues. The thing with Enders is, someone has already had all the issues and will know exactly what to do about it. Tevo doesn't have that characteristic. If you are just looking for something cheap and super capable, then I'd say look at a Sapphire. But... Good luck.
View Quote
CR community may be bigger, but Tevo community is big enough that it wont make a difference.

In the end, these things are all pretty much the same so often doesnt matter what community you are looking at.
One of the handiest things I figured out early on was to add "reprap" to my goog searches. This pulls in waayy more good hits than just typing in something like "xxx printer extruder clicking".
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 10:14:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
CR community may be bigger, but Tevo community is big enough that it wont make a difference.

In the end, these things are all pretty much the same so often doesnt matter what community you are looking at.
One of the handiest things I figured out early on was to add "reprap" to my goog searches. This pulls in waayy more good hits than just typing in something like "xxx printer extruder clicking".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess we disagree about that. The Ender 3 reddit has 26k members. The Tevo reddits have around 1k. I think it really does make a difference in the experience and responsiveness for the new user.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 11:11:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Never really messed with reddit.

Pretty much all the mfg of these things do their support work through FB groups nowadays, or more often, let the community do it for them.
All of the official groups I have seen from any mfg are extremely active. Ask any q's you want, and Id be surprised if you didnt get a reply in less than 5mins.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 11:49:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 12:34:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Im sure even prusa has their probs, but like any tier 1 gear, people keep it a lil more on the dl because they wont be able to bitch to high heaven and blame the gear

Same for fancy hotends when people cant figure out how to assemble the one they have.
Same for fancy extruders when the hotend is jamming because its not assembled properly.
Same fore fancy slicers when they cant sit down long enough to figure out the free ones. The very best thing about s3d is the $150 worth of motivation hanging over peoples heads
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 12:43:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Im in kinda the same boat as the OP. Any reason not to look at the resin style printers? they seem really appealing with good print resolution and high strength.

only downside seems to be the size. I mainly just want to print some 37mm/40mm projectile parts/ NVG parts/accessories/ and things like stage savers for 3-gun.

View Quote
Resin is messy and expensive. Lots of cleanup, post processing, and disposal isn't easy (resin is not something you flush). Those are the downsides. Build volume on resin printers is increasing rapidly. Newest stuff coming out is freaking huge.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 12:43:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 12:49:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Im sure even prusa has their probs, but like any tier 1 gear, people keep it a lil more on the dl because they wont be able to bitch to high heaven and blame the gear

Same for fancy hotends when people cant figure out how to assemble the one they have.
Same for fancy extruders when the hotend is jamming because its not assembled properly.
Same fore fancy slicers when they cant sit down long enough to figure out the free ones. The very best thing about s3d is the $150 worth of motivation hanging over peoples heads
View Quote
... Yeah, it's all a big conspiracy. You're really not getting anything for the extra money a prusa costs. They've sold 150k of them based on smoke and mirrors.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 12:52:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Lol

S3D will die. When I got it, the free slicers sucked. Bad. Now they are so close, give it a year or two and they will be as good or better.

We do come to a point where slicers can only do so much. Once everybody builds in those features, and for free, it's the death nail for paid software. Maybe S3D introduced built in non-planer printing? Stuff like that would keep them in business.
View Quote
Ya, they would be wise to get the incorporated as quickly as they can.
I doubt they are going anywhere any time soon though, there will always be the "it costs more, its gotta be better" more money than brains types out there.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 12:53:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

... Yeah, it's all a big conspiracy. You're really not getting anything for the extra money a prusa costs. They've sold 150k of them based on smoke and mirrors.
View Quote
Easy Tiger

I never said they were bad printers, only that werent the flawless perfection the fanbois make them out to be.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 9:22:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Easy Tiger

I never said they were bad printers, only that werent the flawless perfection the fanbois make them out to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Easy Tiger

Actually, you didn't say either of those things. :) You would have received a different response if you had.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 10:32:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Build volume and post processing are generally the downside to cheaper resin printers. The upside is the detail on small parts you get.

OP, I suggest ender 3 pro. It's what we have. Once you get the bed level and a few upgrades under your belt, you will be hooked. The first upgrade I suggest is a direct drive. It gets rid of the boden tube. Ours kept coming loose and creating issues. The direct drive kit fixed this.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 1:51:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Build volume and post processing are generally the downside to cheaper resin printers. The upside is the detail on small parts you get.

OP, I suggest ender 3 pro. It's what we have. Once you get the bed level and a few upgrades under your belt, you will be hooked. The first upgrade I suggest is a direct drive. It gets rid of the boden tube. Ours kept coming loose and creating issues. The direct drive kit fixed this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much did this upgrade cost?
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 5:01:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Over all, Creality makes a slightly better printer than Tevo. My Ender 3 is super reliable. The Tevo has to be fiddled with constantly.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 5:59:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I believe it was 40ish but it looks like it's on sale now:

https://www.fargo3dprinting.com/products/ender-3-direct-drive-upgrade-kit/

Not going to lie, I saw it the first time and was skeptical. Prints have been much better and no feeding failures like we constantly got with the boden tube. I think the next upgrade will be this:
https://3dfused.com/product/ender-3-ender-3-pro-y-axis-linear-rail-kit/
https://3dfused.com/product/ender-3-ender-3-pro-xz-axis-linear-rail-kit/

Kinda feels like we are pimping out a pinto at this point, but we have been really happy with how the ender performs. I figure I'd put a little more money into the ender, versus buying another (which I currently dont have room for). I'd really like to do ABS as well but I have to print the corners and buy the plastic sheets, just havent gotten around to it.

Quoted:
Over all, Creality makes a slightly better printer than Tevo. My Ender 3 is super reliable. The Tevo has to be fiddled with constantly.
I haven't played with a tevo but I can attest to the ender. Get the bed level, keep it clean, keep an eye on the boden stuff if you're not converting and you will have a great 1st 3d printer.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 7:25:09 PM EDT
[#40]
I did not know there was a kit to convert away from the wheels to rails. If you get it let me klnow how it turns out cause now you got me eying it
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 8:21:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Will do. I'm not sure how new it is, but there arent a whole lot of reviews on them right now. I may wait till after the new year to see if more come out
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 8:44:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I haven't played with a tevo but I can attest to the ender. Get the bed level, keep it clean, keep an eye on the boden stuff if you're not converting and you will have a great 1st 3d printer.
View Quote
They both the same in this area.
Do a decent job putting them together, and after you get a feel for setting up the 1st layer so you arent having to jackhammer things off the bed, you go months without having to touch them.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:07:09 PM EDT
[#43]
How large are the parts you're expecting to print?

If they're small you can get a resin printer (Elegoo Mars, Photon/Photon S, Epax X1) for the neighborhood of $300 US.  The Epax might cost a bit more, it's assembled in the US from the standard Chinesium parts.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:10:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm mostly going to be printing camera accessories, amateur radio/electronics accessories, toys for my kids and maybe some gun stuff down the line.

I am not opposed to upgrading to a bigger and better printer in the future after I can demonstrate its usefulness to my wife. When I can print some cute jewelry for our kids she will be totally on board. Things like phone cases will interest her the most but she will probably expect much higher print quality than is realistic.

Of course you can always sand and polish, right?
View Quote
See my previous post, resin is probably the way you want to go.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:58:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 12:47:14 AM EDT
[#46]
I think most of the resins can be used in all of them. Just have to do some tweaks. I've never done resin though, so ymmv.

Based on the reviews, they are all capable of printing well. It seems the epax stuff is a little higher quality, and they use really strong uv leds, so it printed a little faster than the others. Seems like it definitely offered a little more for the extra money, but the Elegoo Mars or Anycubic Photon both do great work.

The new peopoly printer looks damn interesting. Not cheap, but for that build volume it's a steal. You could also print stuff that uses $200 worth of resin though.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 3:59:50 PM EDT
[#47]
No, there are laser sls and MSLA (lcd) resins. I don't know what happens if you use the wrong one, but they are sold and marketed separately. Probably incomplete or no curing if the light is on the wrong wavelength.

Fortunately there are tough MSLA / LCD resins. Siraya blu compares favorably to PETG and PLA in terms of strength and is not particulalr vulnerable to temp changes either. There are also flexible resins on the market to boot. You may need to heat an enclosed build chamber for some of them (not to anything particularly high. I use a plant heater mat control switch, temp probe, and a 600w ceramic heater in a large container to keep it around 85 degrees F for siraya blu).

As the resin curing reaction is exothermic the heater won't run much after you start anyway.

FWIW I have a photon and it's super fun, although there really isn't anything to tinker with on it. It just... works. That almost takes some of the magic out of it. It sounds like the original photon is a more consistent and better assembled product than the S despite the specs difference, and the elegoo mars may be the best choice overall.

The new peopoly is crazy awesome with that build size but long term cost of ownership may be an issue. Slicers for resin printers will allow you to hollow your prints and they won't use as much resin as you might think. But, they consider the LCD panels themselves as consumable with 400 hours life. I guess that's a lot of prints, but still... then the FEP film is also a consumable to boot.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:54:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Relevant. Tldr; Artillery Sidewinder, Prusa mini, and the Epaxx X1. The Epaxx is apparently a stud; very similar to other resin printers, but with US based support and superior build quality.

The "BEST" 3D Printers for Beginners! My top picks for 2019
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Ender 3 just dropped to $169, so that was worth a try. Bought one last night.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 11:33:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Ender 3 just dropped to $169, so that was worth a try. Bought one last night.
View Quote
Grats. The Ender 3 is a good little machine. Don't worry about doing any upgrades until you have had it up and running for a couple of months. Get to know it then decide what you want to do. If and when you do upgrade it, just do one thing at a time. That way it is easy to determine if the upgrade made a positive change or not.

My only change to my Ender 3 is a WhamBam print surface.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top