User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:45:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thats what I was remembering, just cant find it specifically. Anyways I dont think it (or didnt think it) was legal to do this at a city/county/state level?
View Quote

Ex Post Facto would not apply if they said possession after this date is illegal.  After that date possession would be illegal and prosecutable. It would only come into play if they tried to prosecute you for possession before the effective date of the law.  
Grandfathering is concession to make passage of a ban more palatable to a potential legislature who would not vote for it otherwise.  Its certainly not required.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:47:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Gunna suck if possession is ruled illegal and you gotta throw away your new bump stock that you paid at an inflated priced
View Quote
Yea like everyone is gonna just throw them away.

Do you freedom at all??
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:47:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What's amusing is declaring bumpstocks machineguns may force them to declare an amnesty & open the registry - @ which point every semi-auto owner in the country would happily register every semi-auto receiver we own, and drill the 3rd of happiness after we got the stamps back after the 5 year backlog.
View Quote

Yeah, no.  Anybody that thinks they're going to open the registry for any/all MGs is weapons grade retarded.  Wake up and smell the blood in the water.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:48:07 PM EDT
[#4]
none, if they get banned they will be confiscated, not added to some approved list. The days of grandfathering items is long gone.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:48:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They all work the  same, I have one from Bump Fire Systems, many have Slide Fire Systems and there is a couple of others out there, also if you know what you are doing they are not all that difficult to build in the home shop.

As far as novelty, if you practice a bit with them, you can actually concentrate fire in a 2 foot by 2 foot target area at 75 yards with them, but they are expensive to run if you are just doing mag dumps, it don't take long to go through a 100 round drum, a 30 round magazine is gone very quickly, figure if you are paying $.25 cents a round that is $7.50 in about 10 seconds you are going through!
View Quote
This is the reason I never would buy one. A buddy loaned me his once, and frankly, after using it on one mag I was like nope.....
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:49:37 PM EDT
[#6]
If I was gonna buy one this would be the one I buy.

their in stock but you will be supporting optic planet

https://shop.opticsplanet.com/fostech-outdoors-defendar-15-complete-assembly-stock.html?_iv_code=3FS-BSC-DCAS-FT-D-15-RH-A&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=plusbox-beta&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsdaqm-O32QIVRlYNCh227ARcEAQYAiABEgIWHPD_BwE
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:50:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
a belt loop
View Quote
A rubber band
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:50:09 PM EDT
[#8]
None of them. I think they’re dumb.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:51:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You’re dreaming with grandfathering. Ask the Akins retards.
View Quote
There's WAY too many 'bump-stocks'  in the wild now
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:54:20 PM EDT
[#10]
We really need to get off this saying "They are dumb"  We are not alone on this website and those types of statements just add fuel to the fire for the side that wants to ban guns and all things  gun related.  If you can't add to the conversation on a question that is asked, then why say anything at all, calling guns and gun related stuff dumb is just that dumb.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:55:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What's amusing is declaring bumpstocks machineguns may force them to declare an amnesty & open the registry - @ which point every semi-auto owner in the country would happily register every semi-auto receiver we own, and drill the 3rd of happiness after we got the stamps back after the 5 year backlog.
View Quote
Nope Inam just gonna form one a bunch of DIAS that way none of my rifles and only my suppressors will be NFA.

the DIAs will be more value in the future.

Will also form one a GE M134 receiver and a M240 side plate.

I have a $10k emergency CC I never use, but if the open the registry I will max it out in a week.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:04:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Easy enough to make, why buy?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:07:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

https://shop.opticsplanet.com/fostech-outdoors-defendar-15-complete-assembly-stock.html?_iv_code=3FS-BSC-DCAS-FT-D-15-RH-A&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=plusbox-beta&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsdaqm-O32QIVRlYNCh227ARcEAQYAiABEgIWHPD_BwE
View Quote
Optics planet has no problem throwing the 2A under the bus

Expect them to take your money, and sell you out to the feds later if they do become illegal.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:10:33 PM EDT
[#15]
The one you just linked is the dupe, this one was started 12 hours earlier around midnight.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:10:34 PM EDT
[#16]
None for me, not a fan.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:11:15 PM EDT
[#17]
How many of you guys saying they're dumb, waste of money, a novelty etc have seen the bumpsaw videos?  They are a legal way for those of us who can't afford NFA weapons to enjoy FA.  And for the expense, a $300 dollar bump stock leaves a whole lot more money for ammo, and since when does the cost of ammo enter into the conversation anyway? Don't we all have ammo forts, or do you just buy it to post pictures of it on the internet?  Seems like quite a few people are ready to let bump stocks be the sacrificial lamb while ignoring what the legal ramifications of banning them will bring.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:12:36 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a few, never tried them out.  If they become illegal I may try to privately sell them for a profit and then buy some binary triggers instead.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#19]
not me. I dont think they should be banned but even with possible ban i still dont want one.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:13:55 PM EDT
[#20]
none.
it's a pretty stupid "accessory" if you ask me.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:17:57 PM EDT
[#21]
I'd rather buy a binary trigger. I don't think anything needs banned.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Why?  Novelty toy, burn up ammo wear out barrels.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:23:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Those of you who think they are stupid have not fired a purpose built "bump saw" off a bipod. They work 80% as well as the real deal.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:27:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'd rather buy a binary trigger. I don't think anything needs banned.
View Quote
This. I won't buy one either way, but everyone else should be able to if they want. That's how our rights work, just because I don't want something doesn't mean ban them.

A binary trigger.... maybe, but mainly because I want that 3rd position on the selector
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:28:21 PM EDT
[#25]
None
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:30:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
A rubber band
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
a belt loop
A rubber band
A finger. It’s not hard to bump from the shoulder with a little practice. We had a member (RickInVegas) that could dump two mags in a few seconds. Video might still be on YouTube.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:30:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Do they work better WITH a binary trigger?

Asking for a lurker.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:31:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:19:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The one you just linked is the dupe, this one was started 12 hours earlier around midnight.
View Quote
Damn pesky AM/PM, I've gone & pulled an Aimless.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:34:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Do they work better WITH a binary trigger?

Asking for a lurker.
View Quote
Not in SWIM's experience.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:13:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
3 Bills?!

Don't know what price they were two days ago, but you could fashion a dozen excellent bump stocks for that kind of bread.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:16:18 PM EDT
[#32]
None. I have a rubber band
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:18:10 PM EDT
[#33]
None.  I will just make one if I really want one, which I dont.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top