Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2021 6:59:32 PM EDT
If I have a choice I like fresh brewed coffee but what about the limited time or resources demand "instant coffee?"

I think back to the many cups of coffee I've consumed from old C ration's. I eventually got to where it was something I looked forward to especially if I could "source," some pound cake and a can of peaches!

So, I would like to hear your "instant coffee," stories, reminisces and what you use these days!
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I just use Nescafe Classico in the single serving packets. They arent too bad especially with a bit of half and half.

Yeah the C Rats were pretty good. MREs not so much.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 7:26:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Folgers makes a coffee tea bag.

15 seconds and you have a cup of coffee.
not bad
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 9:26:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Folgers makes a coffee tea bag.

15 seconds and you have a cup of coffee.
not bad
View Quote

This is the right answer above. Wife doesn't drink coffee, so on many mornings the Folgers Coffee "tea bags" make a pretty decent cup of coffee brewed in water in the microwave PDQ.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 9:33:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Hate to say it, but Starbucks has a pretty good instant coffee. Kind of spendy though.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 9:42:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hate to say it, but Starbucks has a pretty good instant coffee. Kind of spendy though.
View Quote

My ski mountaineering trips vote Starbucks Via. Costco has them fairly cheap and its actually the only coffee I like hot.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 9:42:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Medaglia D'oro espresso instant coffee

Thank me later
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 10:20:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Cafe' Bustelo. It's the best instant coffee I have tasted.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 10:34:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Medaglia D'oro espresso instant coffee

Thank me later
View Quote
this is the answer you seek
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 10:42:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My ski mountaineering trips vote Starbucks Via. Costco has them fairly cheap and its actually the only coffee I like hot.
View Quote

I too really like the Via.....
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 9:29:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I have very limited experience with instant coffee, but I've tried 3-4 Asian varieties and one from Trader Joe's (all with cream & sugar included in the mix) and all were pretty good.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 9:00:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Nescafe French roast is good stuff for instant coffee.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 9:09:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Nescafe.

I tried that Costco one and it was nasty.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:14:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I just use Nescafe Classico in the single serving packets. They arent too bad especially with a bit of half and half.

Yeah the C Rats were pretty good. MREs not so much.
View Quote

When I got stuck in some shitty hotel for covid in Dubai, I was told to call if I needed anything. I asked for coffee and it took them 30 minutes to bring me 4 ounces of luke warm coffee.  I had it down before the door shut and asked for another. Anyway, No microwave or oven.  I did have a water heater thingy though. So I paid the guy an extra 5 bucks and he came back with these in a box of 50 from the corner store.  It was a life savor.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:33:59 PM EDT
[#14]
i can be a coffee snob but my mom had some great value insant coffee

it's pretty dang delicious
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:04:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I prefer the normal mr coffee type coffeemaker, but I do have at least one cup of instant most days and the  stuff you get at Aldi is a good as anything else, at least in my booklet
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:45:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Just get a Bodum travel press. Drop in coffee while water boils and you are good. Ready to drink in 4 minutes.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

This right here..... used condensed milk instead of half/half
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 8:05:31 PM EDT
[#18]
I would still prefer to have an Aeropress Go with me if I were roughing it. But essentially anything James Hoffmann has recommended I've found that I've enjoyed:

Supermarket Instant Coffee - Which One Tastes Best?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 2:25:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
I keep these at the office for days when I don't have time to make it at home, or if the day is particularly bad.

The instant sticks are very handy.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:31:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I keep these at the office for days when I don't have time to make it at home, or if the day is particularly bad.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.  Our office coffee is TERRIBLE.  I keep a few Keurig pods around as well.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:39:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Vinacafe 3 in 1 coffee. It has the sugar and creme in the coffee mixed already.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:07:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Starbucks not bad for instant.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:19:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Aldi Nescafe is like $4.50 and lasts a month - good deal and tastes good for instant
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top