Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2021 3:45:39 PM EDT
The old faucet in the shower has given it up. Needs to be replaced.
Which brand is the highest quality?

Buy once. Cry once.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:47:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Grohe, Kohler, Moen, Delta, American Standard. In that order.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:47:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Delta has a great warranty and fair prices. If you want commercial grade Chicago or T&S, but you'll pay out the ass.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:48:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Depends on how hard you want to cry. You can spend a few hundred pretty easy on boutique brands. I'd stick with Moen, Delta or Pfister. Don't buy any that made primarily of plastic.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:52:13 PM EDT
[#4]
There are numerous companies that make a good product, but aside from higher end manufacturers like Grohe, you want to focus more on construction.  The first two posts recommend Delta, American Standard, Moen, etc...  About 80% of what they manufacture is crap.  10% is okay.  Another 10% is high quality.

I can almost guarantee the quality of a plumbing part by its weight relative to similar items.  You want all brass construction. Plastic cartridges suck!  Plastic valves are even worse.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#5]
My grandfather was a part owner of an airplane with Al Moen. Somewhere in my house we have a pen and pencil set with the holders made out of Moen faucet handles.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:01:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Whichever one you buy from a real supply house.

The stuff at the big box stores just has the label, but is all plastic guts.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:11:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I’ve had Price-Phister and Delta stand behind their warranty on fixtures 15 years old. Parts’s and finish issues. They were rare problems with both, meaning they were reliable products.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:11:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Too bad "helio" , isn't around,  he'd be able to answer
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Stay away from Kingston Brass. Chinesium
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:19:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Grohe, Kohler, Moen, Delta, American Standard. In that order.
View Quote

I believe FPNI.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:19:31 PM EDT
[#11]
There are some in-house made milled and lathed brass/stainless ones Ive seen. The price would make you go to lowes unless you are filthy rich.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:24:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Shower faucet?

While you're at it, might as well upgrade to the matching handheld Moen&Groen showerhead for the SO. I do however, draw the line at getting her a Pfister.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:31:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Pfister, I just replaced several items in 3 bathrooms that were 17 years old.  Took a picture of the problem/corrosion, they sent me new stuff free of charge.

Keep your instructions and receipt for proof of purchase.  Some of the items were obsolete and they sent new updated items, no questions asked.

Very impressed, could not ask for more.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:34:27 PM EDT
[#14]
I have 3 deltas and a Moen. The Moen gets used the most and is 10 years old with zero issues. One of the deltas has been apart twice already.... I have had two different plumbers say only delta for shower as their combination valves are the easiest to service and the valve body will last forever.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:39:14 PM EDT
[#15]
We have Newport Brass, Grohe, Heritage and Herbeau. Stick with Delta aka Masco which owns Newport Brass and Heritage with better parts availability and CS.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:41:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:46:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Where do i get Grohe?

I know nothing about plumbing except there is an aisle for it at Lowe’s.
Will a plumbing supply place sell to a civilian?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:00:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Of those already mentioned Kohler is probably the most available and nearer to the quality you're looking for.

Other brands to consider

Toto
Samuel Heath
Axor
THG Paris
Lefroy Brooks
Dornbracht
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:27:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Buy Grohe. It will last.
Earlier career, I worked for plumbing wholesalers. They will sell to you. You will pay though. Many wholesalers have showrooms, like Ferguson. Just google around.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:36:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Huge differences in faucets and valves.  You can spend $20  or $2000......easy.   Shop around.  Deltal, PriceFiestr, American Standard are not  in the same league as Waterstone, Newport Brass, KWC.  Good rule.......if it is sold at Home Depot or Lowe’s......it’s crap.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:53:49 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

THIS
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:59:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Huge differences in faucets and valves.  You can spend $20  or $2000......easy.   Shop around.  Deltal, PriceFiestr, American Standard are not  in the same league as Waterstone, Newport Brass, KWC.  Good rule.......if it is sold at Home Depot or Lowe’s......it’s crap.

View Quote

Yes. Don’t buy any fixtures at big box. The difference in quality is night and day.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:38:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Whichever one you buy from a real supply house.

The stuff at the big box stores just has the label, but is all plastic guts.
View Quote

This right here.  You won't pay much more, but the quality is a higher tier from the manufacturers.

ETA: yes, they will sell to you.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:43:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

THIS
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

THIS

We just replaced our kitchen faucet and beverage faucet with Brizo, honey bronze finish. They're very nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top