User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:25:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have never heard of a Federal Agency doing this. Can you name one that does?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not necessarily "issued".   Lots of agencies allow personally owned firearms to be carried on duty.  Generally speaking, they have to meet certain criteria, and the individual must pass the same qualifications with it.

ICE did for a bit
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:35:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

ICE did for a bit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not necessarily "issued".   Lots of agencies allow personally owned firearms to be carried on duty.  Generally speaking, they have to meet certain criteria, and the individual must pass the same qualifications with it.

ICE did for a bit

Not for long guns.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:37:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yea, she looks like the type to personally own a SCAR SBR.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:45:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not for long guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ICE did for a bit

Not for long guns.

The quoted areas weren't talking about long guns just personally owned firearms in general.  But DEA allowed personally owned long guns, I remember the LWRC program for it
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:45:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Her badge says police
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:50:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:58:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The quoted areas weren't talking about long guns just personally owned firearms in general.  But DEA allowed personally owned long guns, I remember the LWRC program for it
View Quote

Sorry, I thought we were talking about long guns since this was a SCAR thread.  You are correct on ICE handgun POWs though it was short lived after the merger.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:55:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Don't forget AMO has had Glocks for a decent amount of time and they're obviously part of CBP. I've seen pilots walking around with them since 2016 when I showed up to the RRB.  So long before the CBP wide transition
View Quote
Good point. There were a handful of other G19s in circulation with one or two other offices as well. ;)
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:01:30 AM EDT
[#9]
My cousin still has his Beretta 96, the P2000 and a P2000SK they give to senior guys.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:07:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

He's going off data from sites that have information like this.

Primarily seems to be within the realm of the SCAR 17 and silencers with higher backpressure but seems to be at least a handful of people that had to pay out of pocket to fix split carriers.
View Quote

I’m aware of the information. Has nothing to do with a 16. Only ones I’ve seen reported as cracked are 17’s with very high back pressure cans and the owners didn’t replace their gas jets. SCAR’s were built from the ground up to be suppressed weapons. However, there was such a wide range of back pressure differences between various cans on the civilian market, coupled with often weaker civilian.308 ammo that they decided to go with a larger gas jet on civilian SCAR 17’s to ensure they ran reliably with shitty ammo. Once they had enough come back from people hurting their rifles from the mix of their different back pressure cans, ammo, and larger gas jets the bean counters as FN decided it was far simpler and cheaper to say “no suppressors” for the warranty vs “you can only use cans x,y,z. You need x,y,z gas jets. Etc.” to stay within warranty. Same exact reason gun companies don’t warranty guns using reloaded ammunition. To many variables to account for.

And out of the box the gun is good to go. No reason to change anything except for personal preference. While the G Trigger is an awesome upgrade, my factory trigger was much nicer then any standard mil-spec AR trigger I’ve shot.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:11:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The gun that breaks itself..... don’t worry about it boys
View Quote

The armorers at Battlefield Las Vegas beg to differ. 200k+ rounds on their sample with only a barrel replacement and a broken hammer.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:12:25 AM EDT
[#12]
AAC had to port the blast baffle of the M4-1000 cans to protect the guns, and then they started making cans in house to reduce backpressure. The 16s also has bolt failures when...was it 3/75 that tried them?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:13:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The armorers at Battlefield Las Vegas beg to differ. 200k+ rounds on their sample with only a barrel replacement and a broken hammer.
View Quote

One?

They have one?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:20:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

She's wearing a winter coat, I don't think she's fat. She's also the only person in the picture that even has a rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its a fat bitch that probably takes 10 seconds to perform a speed reload.

She's wearing a winter coat, I don't think she's fat. She's also the only person in the picture that even has a rifle.

Right? Probably armor as well.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:23:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
FBI, probably others as well...

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Official-FBI-HRT-Reg-SWAT-Clone-Picture-and-Discussion-Thread/118-733635/?page=62#i8174134
There is a Personally Owned Weapon (POW) rifle program.  It was revived a few years ago. The original configuration was basically a 6920 with an 11' Troy Alpha rail. That was updated to a 6920 with a 13" Geissele Mk4  and an optional SSA trigger about 2 years ago.  Wait times for these rifles were sometimes a year or more as Colt apparently built them in batches.   The new POW rifle will be a 16' Geissele Super Duty with a 13' Mk4 rail.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:47:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Concerning the whole individual weapons thing... I seriously doubt agencies are going to allow run of the mill worker bee 08x job series "security guards" to participate in such a program. It's going to be held for 1811 job series "special" agents.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:02:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Concerning the whole individual weapons thing... I seriously doubt agencies are going to allow run of the mill worker bee 08x job series "security guards" to participate in such a program. It's going to be held for 1811 job series "special" agents.
View Quote

This^^^

1811 series maybe the only ones depending on the agency. If allowed I doubt it would be NFA stuff as that poses problems and headache, and probably a specific configuration from a specific manufacturer like the FBI or DEA programs.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:29:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
AAC had to port the blast baffle of the M4-1000 cans to protect the guns, and then they started making cans in house to reduce backpressure. The 16s also has bolt failures when...was it 3/75 that tried them?
View Quote

A close friend who spent 13 years with 3/75 says your full of shit.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:29:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This may be a dupe, but this photo on DailyMail caught my eye.  Caption doesn't provide any info, and I can only make it out the word police on the badge. From a little googling, the fragment of a shoulder patch doesn't look like Capitol Police or DC Metro.

So which agency is issuing the gucci gear to uniformed officers?

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/01/16/20/38090328-9155005-image-a-123_1610830185663.jpg
View Quote
that would likely be an old beat to fuck military one given to the police for cost of shipping thanks to the Tough on Crime bill.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top