Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2022 8:35:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ADKRebel]
Is there a particular model that would make the most sense for him and his duties?

Thanks in Advance
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:40:09 PM EDT
[#1]
One with a geiger counter?  

Congrats - your son?
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:46:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WWolfe:
One with a geiger counter?  

Congrats - your son?
View Quote

Yes Sir!

BEAT ARMY

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 9:33:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Buck 110 was the official unofficial tool on everyone’s belt when I punched holes in the ocean.  Ships Store on the Tender sold ‘um.

656 - a long time ago.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 7:19:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Gerber center drive plus.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 8:43:39 AM EDT
[#5]
A simple Wave is what I carried on board ship. A decent flashlight is also a very useful tool.

I used a flashlight much more frequently than the Leatherman, but when I needed the Wave, I really needed it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 12:49:23 PM EDT
[#6]
The original Leatherman, compact and has tools that actually work without being gimmicky.

Anything it can't do, he probably wants to use the correct tool and keep himself out of trouble.

That being said I always carried some form of adjustable wrench  or locking pliers in my pocket.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 2:03:27 PM EDT
[#7]
A stubby 9/16" combination wrench to keep in his pocket. No, I am not joking. Former Machinist's Mate(Nuclear)(Submarines) here.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 2:08:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Vague:
A simple Wave is what I carried on board ship. A decent flashlight is also a very useful tool.

I used a flashlight much more frequently than the Leatherman, but when I needed the Wave, I really needed it.
View Quote

I've never been on a working Navy vessel...would a headlamp style be better than a handheld?
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 2:15:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Axel2485] [#9]
Originally Posted By 41magluva:

I've never been on a working Navy vessel...would a headlamp style be better than a handheld?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 41magluva:
Originally Posted By Vague:

Quite possibly, particularly if it has an selectable red light(either a filter or separate red LEDs). A lot of guys on my boat carried headlamps in lieu of handhelds.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 2:24:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JellyBelly] [#10]
Leatherman supported John Kerry for President many years ago.

If that sways you or not is up to you.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 11:00:52 AM EDT
[#11]
At the end of the fiscal year, there is always money that "needs to be spent."  That's typically when it rains multitools, etc.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 11:06:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Leatherman Wave.  Carried one for years.  I have a Surge too, which I find a bit bulky.  It’s a good truck door pocket tool to keep there, but not on my belt.  Wave for the win!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top