Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2023 3:19:36 PM EDT
I'm looking to unload a few watches that don't get much wrist time anymore.

I've still got a login at WUS, but it has been over a decade since I've posted or sold over there.

I have no clue how to post at Reddit, so that would be a learning curve.

Anyone have much luck selling here?

This is NOT a for sale thread!  Depending on feedback here I will happily create an EE thread to handle a sale.

FYI - the below is what I'm interested in moving

Omega 2220.80 (Bond Seamaster - blue wave dial/bezel)
Omega 2230.50 (non AC black wave dial Seamaster with White Gold bezel)
Sinn U2 (with bracelet, Sinn Rubber, and GasGasBones strap)
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#1]
EE here.

I've sold a few Omega's here over the years.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 3:48:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I use watchrecon.com to search for watches. WUS and Reddit shows up on there. Reddit might be the easiest and get the most views quickly, but I feel like Reddit is clunky and I don't like using it.

I've only ever sold on the EE here and had good luck. I tend to prefer to stay on this sight as much as possible with other like minded individuals that share similar values.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 5:27:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome, thanks for the feedback gents!

I’ll plan to post them here first and see what happens.

I keep an eye on watch recon as well and noticed that WUS and Reddit are the two that seem to pop up the most.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 6:20:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I've checked out Watch Recon recently due to some suggestions.

WUS was a let down because they banned me for SPAM posting.

I made a purchase off Omega Forums, but to sell I think you need something like 200 posts.

I've seen a lot of ads on Reddit watchexchange, but haven't made a purchase myself. Looks like it gets a lot of traffic, but like anywhere else keep a lookout for possible scammers.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 10:19:37 PM EDT
[#5]

I have brought  a
Tudor and Submarine on the EE
And sold my Submarine on the EE

All have been great experiences

Have you talked to any local jewelry stores or guys in your area that do that sort of thing ?

Link Posted: 5/17/2023 10:28:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd give the EE here a try first. I can't think of a place less likely to have a bunch of nonsense & spam bots contacting you. Plus I think it's free, right?

ETA: I just noticed you have a ton of EE experience already, lol.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 9:27:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks again everyone.

I'm going to work on getting ads up in the EE here.

The whole idea of spam/scammers wasn't at the forefront of my mind until you all mentioned it.  I'm sure a LOT of that will be mitigated by just listing here.

I hate to see my EE rating change though.... dat 87 doh
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 11:39:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I vote here, especially with our feedback settings.

I bought a watch on reddit this month but only because the guy was local. They hide negative feedback and seems easier to scam people.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 2:49:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I had good luck selling 2 on the EE here. A Doxa and a Tudor Sub. No fees, no 1099s etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top