Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2020 12:57:25 AM EDT
I haven’t built a PC in about 10 years. I know things have changed in the PC world by light years. I used to source most of my parts from Newegg and local PC shops (which have since closed). Are there any more specialized hardware shops online that are worth looking at where the prices are reasonable?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 1:54:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Micro Center online or local depending on where you live.

Amazon

Price check at PC Part Picker
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 7:42:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I like Microcenter.  They're not the rock-bottom cheapest, but they're competitive, and I have a store local to me.

Tiger Direct and Newegg are my other online options.

Built two machines recently, one with parts mostly from Newegg, the other with parts mostly from Microcenter.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 8:50:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Have used NewEgg for almost all computer components.

Use some others for components as I do contract service on some older (DOS, windows 98SE & XP) systems.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:12:38 PM EDT
[#4]
The egg and microcenter.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 10:58:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I like Amazon because if I have to return something that is defective or doesn't work like it should the return is free and effortless. I ordered everything computer related from Newegg for years then I had to return something (NOT from Newegg) a few years ago, a smaller, not very heavy $20 item and it cost me $8 to ship it back. I realized what it would cost to ship one of the monitors, printers or computer cases back I'd been buying from Newegg.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 11:06:56 AM EDT
[#6]
It used to be newegg, but my most recent build was mostly from amazon and best buy. Newegg seems to have gone downhill a lot - prices seem higher and they charged shipping on everything I was looking to buy.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 4:22:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I always see if B and H Photo has it for the same price as amazon, newegg, etc. I got their Payboo credit card which refunds you the sales tax on any B and H purchase.
They don't have a ton of stuff, but have bought several hard drives and a router this way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top