BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/4/2019 2:34:45 PM EDT
It's 2019, who has it? Who wants it next? Post pics of your SexyRexy Stone. <3
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 8:17:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I've still got it.  I'll send it on to whomever wants it.  I think @frayedknot has mentioned it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes! Me me! I assume you need my address. Do I pay for shipping to me or to the next person?
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 8:38:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've still got it.  I'll send it on to whomever wants it.  I think @frayedknot has mentioned it.
View Quote
If you haven't made your stone because you live in the land of eternal winter then wait for spring, I was just reminded of it! Not calling you out...
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 9:59:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If you haven't made your stone because you live in the land of eternal winter then wait for spring, I was just reminded of it! Not calling you out...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@SCW

Oh yeah, make sure you get some stones. I assumed you had a few dozen spread around the homestead since you’re a concrete guy.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 9:49:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I would love to use this sometime when it's available! Is there an old thread showing pictures/the process?
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 11:16:53 AM EDT
[#6]
What size mold is it?
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 3:31:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What size mold is it?
View Quote
18"
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 4:37:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

@SCW

Oh yeah, make sure you get some stones. I assumed you had a few dozen spread around the homestead since you’re a concrete guy.
View Quote
I draw pictures of concrete, I tell people what they can do with their concrete, I look at dirty pictures of cracks in concrete.  I even dream of concrete.

But I rarely pour any, and I haven't tried to pick any up in a long time.

IM me your addy and I'll move this thing along.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 5:46:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I would love to use this sometime when it's available! Is there an old thread showing pictures/the process?
View Quote
How To Make An Atlas Stone: Slater Stone Vs. Hybrid Stone

Wouldn't mind learning what it takes to get on the list to borrow the mold.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 6:10:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I draw pictures of concrete, I tell people what they can do with their concrete, I look at dirty pictures of cracks in concrete.  I even dream of concrete.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@SCW

You hiring? I'm sick of getting covered in the shit and sleeping in my truck waiting for it all the time.

Link Posted: 1/7/2019 6:14:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wouldn't mind learning what it takes to get on the list to borrow the mold.
View Quote
This guy as well.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 8:13:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Who is the mod for sd&f? Maybe we can get this thread to not expire? So we can track the Arfstone?
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 9:31:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Who is the mod for sd&f? Maybe we can get this thread to not expire? So we can track the Arfstone?
View Quote
Good call!
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 10:33:49 PM EDT
[#14]
IM sent. Thanks @SCW.

@cruze5
@D_J

Can one of you guys sticky this thread?
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 2:24:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 9:15:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

How long?

ETA - I put a two week limit on the tack for now.
View Quote
I don't think a tack is necessary, just a, ?"do not archive"?
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 11:15:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 2:01:47 PM EDT
[#18]
I should post pics of the stone I made with the mold, but it's under a bunch of snow and ice.  Tis the season for bro curls under the heater at the gym.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 7:21:37 PM EDT
[#19]
@frayedknot

I sent it today.  I know, it's about a week late, but I was given the opportunity of a lifetime to bid on the craziest powerline project I've ever seen, but I had a few days to put it together so life went on hold.

Post pics of your balls!  Wait, that didn't sound right.  Make sure you shave your balls before you post pics!
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 7:24:47 PM EDT
[#20]
@SCW

Thanks man! I’m excited to play with my balls! I can’t wait to let others play with my balls!

Work comes first. Especially when it’s the cool stuff.

Besides, I was in Blue Ridge, GA (play) over the weekend and in Gulfport, MS (work) today.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 8:47:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Mind if I sign up to receive it next? Not sure if someone already is.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 11:12:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Some background:

Someone, and I don't remember who so speak up, saw me talking about making some wee baby Hybrid stones from molds and turned me on to a super mega discount 18" slater mold.

I bought it, made my stone, then offered it up to anyone here (as in, the SD&F) forum to use, so long as you paid to ship it to the next guy.

That's it. I think there was a list once upon a time. Actually I just checked and there is. The thread got archived 3 years ago, but this one wont' so let's start again.

People who were on the OG list and I'm fairly certain never got the stone (besides @frayedknot):

@kennymc80@bgator
@RatherBeLifting
@4Truck

If none of those dudes get in here and say they want it then we can start over, and frayed will send it to @phortykal and we'll go from there, sound fair?

I don't need it back, I'm thinking one 18" stone is probably enough but lifting stones is fun so I wanna share the love.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 11:14:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Very awesome of you. Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 12:57:32 PM EDT
[#24]
I was just thinking about that stone thread the other month.  I really want to make one to carry across the bottom of my pool.  

Yeah, I'd still like to be on the list to build a stone.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 1:27:50 PM EDT
[#25]
I'd like to get on that list. What is the approx weight of the 18" stone? I see 240# on the Slater website.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 3:48:07 PM EDT
[#26]
I’m definitely still in.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 5:43:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Last time this thread came up I went and did a bunch of research for pouring a mold when I received the stone.

Any tips from the guys that have used it already?

I really want to pour one with a foam core so my daughter can workout with me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 7:01:08 PM EDT
[#28]
I’m still in if it makes it this way.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 8:07:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Last time this thread came up I went and did a bunch of research for pouring a mold when I received the stone.

View Quote
Man, why you gotta be so brutal?

I poured mine with an 8" hollow core and still can't lift it.  I haven't tried getting my hands sticky yet, but still.  If your daughter lifts it before me, I'm growing a bad beard, buying skinny jeans and loafers and I'm going to be vegan till the pants fit.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 12:30:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Some background:

Someone, and I don't remember who so speak up, saw me talking about making some wee baby Hybrid stones from molds and turned me on to a super mega discount 18" slater mold.

I bought it, made my stone, then offered it up to anyone here (as in, the SD&F) forum to use, so long as you paid to ship it to the next guy.

That's it. I think there was a list once upon a time. Actually I just checked and there is. The thread got archived 3 years ago, but this one wont' so let's start again.

People who were on the OG list and I'm fairly certain never got the stone (besides @frayedknot):

@kennymc80@bgator
@RatherBeLifting
@4Truck

If none of those dudes get in here and say they want it then we can start over, and frayed will send it to @phortykal and we'll go from there, sound fair?

I don't need it back, I'm thinking one 18" stone is probably enough but lifting stones is fun so I wanna share the love.
View Quote
@therex thanks for the list. I was traveling and didn’t have the patience to try and find it using my phone.

If we don’t hear from the other two by the time I finish mine, it will go to RBL next.

Now I’ve gotta research how to pour these things with a hollow core so I can make at least 2.

Edit: Oops. I saw next on the list has responded. I guess that answers that.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 12:32:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I’m still in if it makes it this way.
View Quote
Noted.

Where in TN are you?
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 10:34:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I poured mine with an 8" hollow core and still can't lift it.  I haven't tried getting my hands sticky yet, but still.  If your daughter lifts it before me, I'm growing a bad beard, buying skinny jeans and loafers and I'm going to be vegan till the pants fit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't realize it weighed that much even with a hollow core.  I suspect your fashion and diet won't need to change.

How much does your stone weigh?
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:12:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Ok, just so we have an order update:

It's currently on the way to @frayedknot

The "old list" was in order, so frayed will send it to:
@kennymc80 who will send it to
@RatherBeLifting who will send it to
@4Truck who will send it to
@PhortyKal who, if it makes it that far, we'll make a new list.

@broken_reticle and @PKT1106 sub to the thread and I'll try to get it to you. The mold isnt' indestructible, and will eventually fail but I hope you guys will still get in. I just want to make sure that the guys who have been waiting can get to it first.

Post pics, post vids of your lift attempts, make manly contests and throw shade. And someone weigh the damned thing, I don't have a scale that goes high enough with me and the stone on it.

(Full disclosure: This stone is fucking HARD to lap with no tacky, and I have yet to get it over shoulder, even though I've done a 315 stone to a platform with tacky.)
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:19:23 AM EDT
[#34]
@therex

Subscribed. Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:28:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Sidenote, here's @scw thread on the ArfStone.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:33:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Thanks therex.  Subbed.

I am not in a hurry, it is too cold to pour concrete at the moment anyway.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:13:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Sweet!
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 10:53:06 AM EDT
[#38]
@SCW

Mold is here!

Now I just need some concrete. And warmer weather.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 11:00:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
@SCW

Mold is here!

View Quote
Awesome!

You can start preparing by laying face down on your driveway and have your wife run you over.  Make sure you chew up the arms real good too.

Then post a video of you belching like Rex, lol
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 2:09:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Noted.

Where in TN are you?
View Quote
The corner they’d rather not have.
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 8:17:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
@SCW

Mold is here!

View Quote
Aiight bro it's July.

Show us the stone you made. <3
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 2:08:00 PM EDT
[#42]
@frayedknot

in case you need motivation:

A Boy & His Stone | A Short Film by Adam Paul
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 9:13:41 AM EDT
[#43]
@therex

Can I pretend I wasn’t called out and slip the mold to the next guy under the radar?

I was slow in getting a stone made due to weather, life events, vacation, work, kids, wife, (insert other meaningless excuses here) and I haven’t even seriously tried to lift it. But soon...

So maybe now is the time to ask...

How much is strength and how much is technique? My deadlift hovers between 475-500 but this ~240 lb stone is freaking heavy. Do I need a lighter one or just focus on technique and the mental game?

IM sent to next guy. @kennymc80
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 9:20:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
@therex

Can I pretend I wasn't called out and slip the mold to the next guy under the radar?

I was slow in getting a stone made due to weather, life events, vacation, work, kids, wife, (insert other meaningless excuses here) and I haven't even seriously tried to lift it. But soon...

So maybe now is the time to ask...

How much is strength and how much is technique? My deadlift hovers between 475-500 but this ~240 lb stone is freaking heavy. Do I need a lighter one or just focus on technique and the mental game?

IM sent to next guy. @kennymc80
View Quote
Nah, it's real talk heavy. There's a lot of technique, and more upper body requirements than a deadlift would need. Also, you know, tacky helps. A lot.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 6:08:25 PM EDT
[#45]
First Attempt - 240 lb Atlas Stone
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 1:31:42 PM EDT
[#46]
You always had hair on top of your head in my mental image.

And I'm more than a bit embarrassed that I've owned my stone for 18 months or so now and still can't lift it.  You hoisted it on the first damn try!  Nice work!  Did you use tacky?
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 2:47:29 PM EDT
[#47]
That just warms the icy cockles of my jaded heart.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:41:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

And I'm more than a bit embarrassed that I've owned my stone for 18 months or so now and still can't lift it.  You hoisted it on the first damn try!  Nice work!  Did you use tacky?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I haven’t had hair in years. I always had short hair and when it started to get really thin I just started shaving. My wife’s first comment “There’s a reason God gave you hair.”

And thanks. I used tacky. Just moving it around via rolling had me worried that it was too slick. When you see me playing patty cake on the stone, it’s because there is still dust/grit on the stone making it slick even with tacky.

I thought that lapping it would be the hard part. You can see me adjust my hands and feet to find the balance point. Once I got it, lapping was easy. Front squatting that with your CG so far forward is challenging!

And my first thought after lifting it? “I wonder how much I can do...” I can see how this is addictive. Now I just need a table/platform. Since I’ve got plenty of scrap wood, I might get something built by next year.

Good luck with your huge balls!
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:42:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I owe you a drink if I ever am in the same place as you. You’ve done a really cool thing sharing the mold. A huge thanks from me!
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 12:28:47 AM EDT
[#50]
ok who has it? need updates yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top