BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/26/2021 8:00:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:01:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you been married before?  It fell out of practice because flings and mistresses are 10x easier to keep. Only path having multi- wife’s lead to are the ARF curse!
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:03:44 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're going that route, make sure to get 3 wives. 2 wives will gang up on you but a third will lead to them scheming against each other, leaving you in relative peace.

Or, you know, disregard women and acquire currency.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:04:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Polygamy is its own punishment
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:05:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I would think having multiple wives would be expensive.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:05:55 PM EDT
[#5]
have you been on tinder lately?
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:05:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:06:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:06:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Why the hell would you want more than one wife ?
Shit, why even have one.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:06:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Nah, you make them go to work while you take care of the house
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:06:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Have you been married before? If so, why would you want another wife? If not, stick to flings and a mistress. Only path having multi- wife's lead to are the ARF curse!
View Quote
Absolutely. .  maybe if you were very wealthy, but even then--  it seems to me to be a recipe for diaster---jealousy, hurt feelings, ---being married to one woman can be tough enough.  But a few?  No thanks!  

File under: "Things that sound good on paper. . . "  

Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:06:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I would absolutely love to have a legit harem for sexual recreation purposes.  But multiple actual western culture "wives" would be terrible.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:06:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Who says it did?
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:06:59 PM EDT
[#13]
All the women are Karen's. Why would you want more than one?
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:07:41 PM EDT
[#14]
It destabilizes societies and places that practice it are shitholes. Everyone spends all his effort trying to become the guy who gets all the pussy.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:07:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:07:45 PM EDT
[#16]
OP, I guess your spouse hasn’t been getting power surges going through Mental Pause. If she has you would understand why.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
At a macro level, polygamy is very bad for society because it creates a large pool of frustrated loser men who will NEVER have a chance to reproduce, which creates the potential for enormous instability.

That CAN be managed with constant warfare - as a way of burning up the pool of single men - but that’s mostly a solution that works well in smaller tribe/clan systems, and not in modern industrialized societies.
View Quote

MGTOW THREAD!

Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
At a macro level, polygamy is very bad for society because it creates a large pool of frustrated loser men who will NEVER have a chance to reproduce, which creates the potential for enormous instability.

That CAN be managed with constant warfare - as a way of burning up the pool of single men - but that’s mostly a solution that works well in smaller tribe/clan systems, and not in modern industrialized societies.
View Quote

One could argue we're seeing the same effects as a result of internet dating/hookup culture.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:09:39 PM EDT
[#19]
1 wife is plenty.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:10:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:11:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That CAN be managed with constant warfare - as a way of burning up the pool of single men - but that's mostly a solution that works well in smaller tribe/clan systems, and not in modern industrialized societies.
View Quote
Yes, polygamy is terrible, and that a great reason why it fell out of practice in the West until the Mormons came along in the 19th Century.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Judea/Christian monogamy.

Used to be “be fruitful & multiply,” and Muslims used to be able to have 4 wives & contracted concubines.

Mormons?  Not sure—but i would hate the “Honey-Do list” with that…I mean, my wife x multiple wives?

Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:13:54 PM EDT
[#23]
No one sees the obvious here.   Multiple wives also mean multiple mother in laws.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:21:06 PM EDT
[#24]
multiple mothers-in-law ?
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:22:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

On a serious note, in most polygamous religions, the man rules & women are subservient—not an open discussion.

The women all try to gain favor with the husband, for favored reasons.

What confuses me though is the “baby-daddies” who impregnate multiple women without any financial ownership—that’s what tax dollars are for…..but if a man can actually afford 4 wives & 16 kids—society says no?

Seems real retarded, but i pay ridiculous taxes.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:25:07 PM EDT
[#26]
When wealth turned from livestock/grain to useless metal
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
No one sees the obvious here.   Multiple wives also mean multiple mother in laws.
View Quote

Simple solution, marry sisters.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:29:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
As a mainstream practice that is.

Just had this as a wandering thought today as an intellectual curiosity (not that I want), and I have no idea as to the answer.
View Quote

Polygamy was mostly practiced by nomads and former nomads.  Not as much by sedentary civilizations.

Rome practiced monogamy, and when Rome adopted Christianity, both it and monogamy became standard practice in much of the world.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:30:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Multiple mother-in-laws. Duh.

Beat by the Dimebag guitarplayer.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:36:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Blame Rome
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:38:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Drama.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:39:24 PM EDT
[#32]
I think modern culture already has created tons of men who are losers and unable to get laid, polygamy wouldn't really change that because they dudes wouldn't get laid then and aren't now anyway.

Probably wouldn't be all that popular anyway and modern structures like healthcare and divorce would make it all pretty challenging.

That being said, I'd totally get a second wife if my wife and I found someone we both cared for and wanted to marry. Would be awesome to have a third person to divide household chores with. I also get cold at night and being surrounded by wives in bed sounds lovely.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:39:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Who in the fuck would want more than two wives in their life. Then its wife^2 on the inlaw scale.  Its retardation to expose yourself to that level of poverty.  why.. Just get hookers son. Hookers were the invention that lifted us from that madness.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
a large pool of frustrated loser men who will NEVER have a chance to reproduce, which creates the potential for enormous instability
View Quote

Don't we have that now without polygamy?
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:40:40 PM EDT
[#35]
When American men let women start voting.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:41:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sheet.  FW_wife was a widow, and I got multiple MILs.

Fatalwishes' mom is pretty chill, though.  But totally opposite him politically.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:42:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Polygamy is great. You should join the "More than Ten Wives" club. A fun time....

OK, that's my 30 seconds of free time for today. It's back to working on honey-dos and listening to irrational arguments!
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:43:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Who in the fuck would want more than two wives in their life. Then its wife^2 on the inlaw scale.  Its retardation to expose yourself to that level of poverty.  why.. Just get hookers son. Hookers were the invention that lifted us from that madness.
View Quote

Prostitution existed alongside polygamy for thousands of years.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:44:52 PM EDT
[#39]
One needs to distinguish between polygamy, polygyny, and polyandry.

HRAF tells us that polygyny is widely practiced throughout the world. Polyandry is rare.

Intro to Anthropology is what you want.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:45:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Plain old marriage is barely hanging on!
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:49:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
One needs to distinguish between polygamy, polygyny, and polyandry.

HRAF tells us that polygyny is widely practiced throughout the world. Polyandry is rare.

Intro to Anthropology is what you want.
View Quote

Complete waste of time
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:53:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Do ya even want ONE?
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:54:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Y'all are looking at this the wrong way.

Say you want kids. You could have dual income with a stay at home parent still.

Say you don't want kids. 3 incomes. Means more vacations, more toys, more.

Sounds great to me. But I think it would be difficult to find another woman as awesome as my wife.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:56:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Sounds great to me. But I think it would be difficult to find another woman as awesome as my wife.
View Quote

I like where you're head at.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:57:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Divorce lawyers would be billionaires.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:59:11 PM EDT
[#46]
It has not.  We have gone from parallel to serial polygamy.  Divorce lawyers do make mint. One relationship after another is polygamy.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:59:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

An awesome woman would never agree to sharing your affections with another woman.
In my experience, two women are always more into each other than the man in the middle.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 9:08:46 PM EDT
[#48]
It can work.  Besides, screw losermen (figuratively).

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/26/2021 9:10:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/26/2021 9:11:47 PM EDT
[#50]
I think that Utah was one of the last States voted into the Union, due to polygamy.

The rationale behind the delay, had more to do with stretching a man's resources with multiple wives.

Chris
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top