Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2018 12:51:50 AM EDT
I am considering buying a transferrable machine gun, but with all the talk about the possibility of our state banning "assault rifles" I am very concerned about what will happen to my transferrable if it actually happened. I live in Nevada so it is very possible it will go down much like it went down in California as we are having a lot of politicians move over here for some reason.

So what do you guys think? If I own a transferrable machine gun and then assault rifles are banned, will I be grandfathered? Will I be required to turn it in or sell it? Or will the fact that it is legally registered under the NFA protect my ownership of it?

Thanks for any input
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 12:55:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Nobody can answer that without seeing the legislation in its final form.  It could go any number of ways, including not happening at all, which is the most likely.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 1:01:42 AM EDT
[#2]
No one knows until a law is written and proposed.  Then it can be read and seen what is going to happen.

However,  in the past machine guns have not been included in "assault weapons" bans as those have always focused on semi auto look-alikes.

And the ATF, and Congress (National Firearms Act of 1934) have established that full auto guns are NOT semi auto guns and are controlled differently.  This is probably why full autos have not been included in the semi auto bans.

Most likely you are safe moving forward on purchasing a full auto gun but until a proposed law had been published for reading there is simply no way to know for sure.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 1:07:00 AM EDT
[#3]
More boating accidents.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 1:34:48 AM EDT
[#4]
For the most part, nothing will happen.

What happened to the semi autos in CA and NY?

Once the laws were passed, they were never seen again, and only on rare cases, such as the elderly shooting squirrels, is their any enforcement.

So it is written, so it isn't done. They will have to nuke us to get rid of them, and don't forget, that WAS the plan, using North Korea and Iran to do it. Registration and enforcement are largely ignored. Even promoted by most NY county Sheriffs, and signed by name. "Ignore this law, we are."

The only people who think there will be gun registration/confiscation are the ones who don't plan to use it when they come for theirs. They have already given them up.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 2:15:21 AM EDT
[#5]
You will have to turn them in.  And no boating accidents, the gov't knows what you got with NFA.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 9:09:20 AM EDT
[#6]
They'll have to pass it to read it...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top