Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2020 9:17:04 AM EDT
Men often try to spur their better half into liking the things they like.

About ten years ago for a major anniversary event I let my wife pick out a luxury watch.

My hopes she would have taken interest in men’s watches like some women celebrities did was for naught.

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 10:01:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks well used.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 3:21:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Apple.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 3:31:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks well used.
View Quote

Unlike SS watches, I think the other metal choices show their wear as worse.

10 plus years of kids, dogs, horses, lake, etc.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 5:43:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

BTW, I meant that as a compliment.  It's a tool; a fancy tool but a tool nonetheless.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 6:03:20 PM EDT
[#5]
A Rolex Milsub 5517.

Regards
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 6:06:17 PM EDT
[#6]
For her 50th birthday...

Link Posted: 4/13/2020 12:44:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

About ten years ago for a major anniversary event I let my wife pick out a luxury watch.

My hopes she would have taken interest in men’s watches like some women celebrities did was for naught.

https://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/ramairfour/Watches/F1D01934-E087-443A-B815-FB260F093DE2_zpsosgy4mye.jpeg
View Quote

Really like that watch. It's a beautiful time piece. My wife does not want a Rolex. Even offered to buy her one. She likes her Gucci I bought her 25 years ago. But she very seldom ever wears it anymore.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 6:20:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

BTW, I meant that as a compliment.  It's a tool; a fancy tool but a tool nonetheless.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No prob.

Just commenting in general how some hold up to the same abuse better.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 6:21:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A Rolex Milsub 5517.

Regards
View Quote

Damn.

Some straight dudes out there would consider marrying you for one of those,
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 6:29:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Really like that watch. It's a beautiful time piece. My wife does not want a Rolex. Even offered to buy her one. She likes her Gucci I bought her 25 years ago. But she very seldom ever wears it anymore.
View Quote

Thanks.

It took a couple decades but she finally relented to replace the Seiko auto that is look alike of a 6917 two tone jubilee.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 6:51:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought my wife a Rolex about 10 years ago but it has been sitting in the safe for the past several years as she'd rather wear an Apple watch.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 9:06:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Thanks.

It took a couple decades but she finally relented to replace the Seiko auto that is look alike of a 6917 two tone jubilee.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Yeah that is a really nice investment piece right there. I thought about maybe buying the same one.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 1:10:21 AM EDT
[#13]
bought her a small face Rolex date just with mother of pearl face, white gold and diamonds for her birthday a few years ago and most recently a mens version date just with white gold, gray face and a custom 2 carat flawless diamond bezel. She loves them because they're pretty, Im not a Rolex fan though.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:34:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Over a decade ago-  The Omega Constellation with diamond bezel that Cindy Crawford was pushing.  Divorced now, and spending the watch money on myself.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 11:57:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Citizen Stiletto. She loves it and won’t wear hardly anything else.

If I ever spent more money than that, she probably wouldn’t wear it in fear of damaging or losing it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 11:01:08 AM EDT
[#16]
My wife only likes the stupid bamboo watches with a cardboard strap that won't endure so much as a splash of water before falling apart, so she doesn't wear it. Her work bought her a fitbit, but she never wears it either. She also never knows what time it is, and is always late for everything.

Link Posted: 7/25/2020 11:09:05 AM EDT
[#17]
She won't wear my Sub, says she's scared of breaking it. I can't convince her otherwise.

A few years ago, pre-kid, we were both more into watches. I've thinned down some and these are the two she wanted to keep for herself. Short lugs make them wearable even with her tiny little wrists.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/25/2020 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#18]

She doesn’t wear larger than 36mm. So most of mine are safe.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 7:00:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm currently working on finding something my wife may appreciate....she doesn't wear hardly anything that could be considered jewelry so i may be just throwing money in a drawer..
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 11:49:59 PM EDT
[#20]
I got her this Citizen xC after she saw it in the Citizen Flagship store in Times Square.  Its a limited run model thats usually only sold in Japan so it's kind of rare.  It's titanium and radio controlled so it never needs setting.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 12:08:12 AM EDT
[#21]
man that watch looks beat to fuck...
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 11:57:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's well loved.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 12:08:31 PM EDT
[#23]
I bought my wife a Minnie Mouse Eco Drive recently

I know she has her eye on some Omegas. One day.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 4:38:57 PM EDT
[#24]
After I lucked out and got a Tudor Sub at the Adak NEX going out of bidness sale in 1991, had to get her a Rolex Champagne face Day Date, back when you could still buy from AAFES if you were OCONUS (to include Alaska and Hawaii) .... number of years later, wasting time at the Jacksonville, NC Mall (you misguided children of Uncle Sam will know of what/where I speaketh) let the gal at the nice AD talk me into getting her the diamond insets when I sent it back to RSC for a tune up/overhaul....she was mighty pleased with it, looks great on her!  Course I used that as an excuse to, ahem, snatch up a Rolex GMT from Ramstein when AAFES went out of the AD bidness in 2001 or so...
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 10:10:50 PM EDT
[#25]
A couple Christmases ago I got us each an Omega.  

Link Posted: 8/19/2020 1:08:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

It has been.
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 4:30:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Damn.

View Quote

My wife loves that Mil Sub. I hardly every get to wear it. She changes out the bands to match whatever she is wearing. She thinks it funny that people don't know its value.  She has an Apple watch and other watches more valuable that she had before we got married, Cartier and a few PP that her parents and grandparent gave her.  She has family in Europe that are big in the busness.  I was wearing the Mil Sub the first time we met in the Summer of 1989. She knew exactly what it was and asked to see it. She was wearing one of her dads old Tudor Subs.   I thought here's a hot French redheaded girl who knows her watches, this is the woman for me.  The day after we became engaged she gave a brand new GMT as an engagement present.  She a keeper for sure.
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 4:38:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

https://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/ramairfour/Watches/F1D01934-E087-443A-B815-FB260F093DE2_zpsosgy4mye.jpeg
View Quote

My wife says, nice watch and confident women wear mens watches.
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 2:59:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

My wife loves that Mil Sub. I hardly every get to wear it. She changes out the bands to match whatever she is wearing. She thinks it funny that people don't know its value.  She has an Apple watch and other watches more valuable that she had before we got married, Cartier and a few PP that her parents and grandparent gave her.  She has family in Europe that are big in the busness.  I was wearing the Mil Sub the first time we met in the Summer of 1989. She knew exactly what it was and asked to see it. She was wearing one of her dads old Tudor Subs.   I thought here's a hot French redheaded girl who knows her watches, this is the woman for me.  The day after we became engaged she gave a brand new GMT as an engagement present.  She a keeper for sure.
View Quote

I get it.

We were more humble beginnings.  I had been in Ranger Bn about three years and she was three years through college when we met.
About a year later we got married and I had lost my 6309.
She saved up for a year and surprised me with a 7002 (there were no more 6309s) our first married Christmas.
But I get the thought/intention.
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 8:05:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I get it.

We were more humble beginnings.  I had been in Ranger Bn about three years and she was three years through college when we met.
About a year later we got married and I had lost my 6309.
She saved up for a year and surprised me with a 7002 (there were no more 6309s) our first married Christmas.
But I get the thought/intention.
View Quote

Sounds like you worked hard and had a sucessful military career, and are married to a great person.  I was 30 when I met my wife.  My wife is 6 years younger than me, and smarter.  I traded a#14 Randle that I picked up at Jims Pawn Shop to a Brit warrant officer for that Sub. while on an exchange program with the Brits.  I didn't even know it was rare until my wife told me how valuable it was.
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 9:34:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn.

Winning!!

I bought my wife a Michelle. Nothing crazy expensive, but she still has it and wears it 10 years later. She mostly wears an Apple watch, to my dismay. She'll probably get jewelry for our 15 year next year.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 11:19:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 11:47:45 AM EDT
[#33]

very cool.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 5:33:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Bought her a Tag Aquaracer for our anniversary this year.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 10:00:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I bought my wife a Rolex about 10 years ago but it has been sitting in the safe for the past several years as she'd rather wear an Apple watch.
View Quote

Mine has worn one of these for 5 years,midsize model that we got after a smoking trade in value on her smaller one.   Since Covid hit and we hardly go out for dinner it has sat in a jewelry box....she is downright smitten with her Apple Watch 3 I got off amazon last month for $169 though

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 7:48:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top