Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2022 2:19:53 PM EDT
Kitchen being redone this week and I want to replace the valves feeding the kitchen sink and dishwasher. What type and size do I need here? It appears to be PVC pipe and was built in 2008 if that matters. This is is in kitchen now

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:28:30 PM EDT
[#1]
That looks like 1/2" pex with a (black) copper crimp ring.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Replace with a ball valve.  Those gate valves suck.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:19:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Replace with a ball valve.  Those gate valves suck.
View Quote

They were OEM and they as may as well be replaced now while the cabinets are gone. Ball valve it is, tomorrow I go to the blue or orange store for parts.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:34:37 PM EDT
[#4]
You are going to need a Pex crimper and either a Dremel or a copper band cutter to remove the old valves. I've got all that stuff from converting a doublewide mobile home from PB to Pex. Mobile home left the property three weeks ago thank goodness.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 1:32:13 AM EDT
[#5]
https://www.homedepot.com/p/BrassCraft-1-2-in-Crimp-PEX-Barb-Inlet-x-3-8-in-Compression-Outlet-Angle-Valve-G2BRPX19X-C1/312156859

Or equivalent

The previous plumber was nice enough to leave enough pipe to cut the valve off and replace with a new one easily.

I like the Oetiker style stainless crimp rings since one crimper can to 1/2, 3/4, 1", and maybe 3/8 " Pex

Pex cutter
Crimper
Valves
Crimp rings

Plug that drain so you don't get sewer gases inside the house or a flood.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top