Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2022 3:29:25 PM EDT
It'd be nice if I could upload an excel spreadsheet into a program instead of typing in my 100 or so trades. What service/software does this?

I usually file paper returns but decided to make the big leap to tax software this year.

Fun fact - if you filed a paper return in 2021 it takes a year to get your refund.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 5:25:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I use the TurboTax Home and Business and haven't filed paper since e-filing was offered. Refunds average 8 days.   No stocks. I fund my own ventures.

TurboTax Premier works for stocks.

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 7:40:30 PM EDT
[#2]
you need to use software that lets you download the info from your brokerage firm.  I use turbo tax and schwab and it goes very smoothly.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 10:23:08 AM EDT
[#3]
TurboTax Premier
I trade a bit, and it lets me log into each brokerage and download all my trades.

I try to catch it on sale, and I buy a physical copy only because it is cheaper.
generally sam's has it cheapest. but for this year amazon under cut them by 10 or 20 bucks. they sold it for near sam's price but included a 20 dollar gift card.
I have used it this way for the last 2 years.
did the online version with discounts for a few years before that, but found they changed the price between when I started and when I finished my taxes.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:11:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I send it to my accountant
The k1 forms make it worth it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top