Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2020 7:19:41 PM EDT
I currently have a Qshave (Weishi) butterfly opening DE razor, while it does work, I would like something nicer (35 bucks or so).

Should I go with Edwin Jagger or Merkur or Parker?

I like a mild shave and use Astra Platinums currently
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 8:13:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Personal opinion, but I think you should try a vintage Gillette slim adjustable. Should be able to find a perfectly usable example in that price range.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 8:23:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I use an EJ 3 piece with feather hi-stainless blades. It's fine, except it's slicker than snot to hang onto if your hands are wet and soapy. Whatever you choose, get a knurled handle on it. Those Weishi razors are great for a while. Then they get jammed up with soap buildup and you cannot disassemble them to clean it out.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 8:33:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the Merkur. I did manage to break one by dropping it too many times (truth be told, that razor didn't owe me a damn thing after all the miles I put on it) but I'm still ahead. The one I broke was the short handle. I replaced it with a long one and I'm even happier with that.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 8:43:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Merkur 34c
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:34:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Personal opinion, but I think you should try a vintage Gillette slim adjustable. Should be able to find a perfectly usable example in that price range.
View Quote

This or a Gillette Super Adjustable.  Both are great but I prefer the SA over the Slim by a tiny margin.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 7:56:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This or a Gillette Super Adjustable.  Both are great but I prefer the SA over the Slim by a tiny margin.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forget my idea. Go with this guys idea.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:17:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Try a vintage Gillette ball end tech.

I find it just works. I can use feathers in it without much extra care or endangering my face.

It seems just a hair less aggressive than the Merkur 34c I have.

With astras, it isn’t any more work than a modern 3 blade disposable.

I’m not a professional shave master or tried everything, but the tech or the cheap Russian version still available just work for me.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 10:13:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I will be doing some research into vintage Gillette now!
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 11:18:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I will be doing some research into vintage Gillette now!
View Quote

Your wallet is going to be sorry.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 3:30:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Schick injector.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:58:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Hard to go wrong with vintage razor. Those vintage razors were built a lot better than the zamak razors of today.

Link Posted: 4/14/2020 8:11:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Gen 3 1-10...... Oh wait wrong forum... Sorry ladies continue worrying over what you are shaving with next....Almost thought this was a gun forum....
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 8:40:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I like my Gillette Super Speed a lot. The razor is older than I am and just floats over your face.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top