Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2022 1:00:33 AM EDT
It would be going on an opaque resin.

Would Tamiya gloss paints work well? Ideally, I'd like something with a reflective, mirror-like finish.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 4:26:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I wonder if you could use a piece of Mylar film, or maybe a piece of metalized window tint?
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 2:55:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I would experiment with some of the new color shifting paint from Green Stuff World or Vallejo.

Spray on a white plastic spoon and see if you like the results.

There's also some damn shiny chrome paints developed recently. Check YouTube.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 3:57:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wonder if you could use a piece of Mylar film, or maybe a piece of metalized window tint?
View Quote

There are some adhesive films with a red or green tint that are made to replicate the coated optics/glass in armored vehicle viewing blocks.  For scale plastic
models

But for visors, most are really a smoke gray, sometimes dark gray almost black or like a charcoal brown.

I can’t say I’ve even seen anyone take a pilot figure with a helmet on but visor up, paint the face, and the apply some clear resin (like for the heavy buildup coatings for tables) with a little tint and build that up for a clear visor.   Maybe something to try.   Would have to make some sort of putty dam so it doesn’t run everywhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top