Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2018 11:47:18 PM EDT
My favorite cigar is the Padron 1964 Anniversary, but at $15 a pop, I'm too poor to be able to afford to smoke them on a a regular basis.  I'd like to find a good cigar for around half that.

I like the Padron 5000, but IMO the construction leaves something to be desired.  The 6000 is OK IMO, but I'm looking for other suggestions.  I've blindly tried other cigars in this price range, but wasn't favorably impressed with any of them other than the Padrons, so I'm turning to you guys for advice.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:16:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Perdomo Lot 23.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:18:38 AM EDT
[#2]
You can get the CAO Camshaft for $8-9, they’re a great smoke.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:49:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 5:49:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Give an Arturo Fuente 8-5-8 or a Double Chateau a try. They are available in natural, maduro or sungrown but take note that the 8-5-8 sungrown is dropping from regular distribution so what’s out there in shops now is all that’s left other than possible limited release from time to time.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 10:20:38 PM EDT
[#5]
If you want a cigar that smokes like a Padron 1926 (Maduro), Try the La Aroma De Cuba Mi Amor.

I have had a lot of Padron smokers try them blind, and they all liked them.

It falls in your price range I believe, and fits your profile.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 4:47:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Punch Rare Corojo Gordo vitale 4.5 × 60 knocked me over flat. Fantastic smoke for 6 bucks. I was going to buy a box when they dropped to 89.00 but I forgot about it and when I did they were back up.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 11:26:26 AM EDT
[#7]
LAdC Mi Amor mentioned above is a good cigar.

I personally am not a Padron fan so I can't give much guidance on things that resemble the '64, although I've smoked a few of them.  The good news is that there are too many excellent cigars to name in that $8-10 range.

Here are a few of my favorites:

- My Father, either the eponymous cigar (my faborite), the Flor de Las Antillas or the Le Bijou
- Arturo Fuente Anejo can be found around $10 and beats the Padron hands-down IMO. I prefer the #46 size or the 888.
-Caldwell brands Long Live the King is a fantastic small brand. Their Eastern Standard is great too.
-Casa Fernandez Aganorsa Leaf is another tremendous under-the-radar cigar, and the Maduro version might scratch your '64 itch.
-Curivari Buenaventura is a winner too, and a bonus is you can find them at almost half your price range. One of the best cheap cigars on the market IMO.
-illusione makes a couple you'd like. Try the Fume d'Amor, and their little Rothschild is about 5 or 6 bucks and a killer Maduro. I buy those by the 50-ct cab.
-Oliva Serie V (get the corona or double robusto IMO) and the Serie V Melanio (the torpedoes are tremendous)

The Serie V and My Father are a couple of my favorite non-Cuban cigars, you just can't go wrong with either.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 5:35:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Try an Alec Bradley Black Market. I keep a few for when I need a budget smoke.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#9]
In that price range I like the My Father La Flor De Las Antillas and the Cain Maduro lines.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 3:21:13 PM EDT
[#10]
AJ Fernandez New World
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 8:34:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for all the suggestions (and keep them coming)!  I stopped by my local Total Wine today with a short list that I had compiled from the suggestions here.  They didn't have a few of them... I really need to find a good cigar shop; I'd like to try all of the suggested cigars.

Here's what I bought today:  Olivia Serie V Double Robusto, La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor, Padron 7000.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 10:38:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Just smoked an Alec Bradley Nicaraguan Puro. Pretty good smoke and I think it was about $7. Would smoke again. Smooth draw with an abundance of smoke. Nice medium - full bodied cigar.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 8:52:07 PM EDT
[#13]
In that price range I love the Undercrown series by Liga Privada.

Corona Viva is my favorite. I try and keep a box around.

The other sizes are great as well.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:33:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AJ Fernandez New World
View Quote
Excellent smoke as is his H Upmann collaboration.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 5:40:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Monte 4
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 8:51:23 AM EDT
[#16]
I am thinking the alec bradley range.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 5:41:46 AM EDT
[#17]
These are really good for $6-8 each
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top