Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 46
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:50:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Weird. If it were a bio or chem concern, why aren't there any hazmat or officers guarding the area? There's nobody there at all.
View Quote
try walking in and see if your stopped................report back.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:52:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

USPS told to evacuate, but not why?

If it was something hazardous mailed, they’d know why.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah this is SUPER weird and im usually the last guy to buy into any sort of conspiracy.

Quoted:

I wanted to go out shooting, now what do I do with 87 PSA uppers?  
ummm shoot at the meteor?
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:53:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I think the feds didn't want anyone using the facilities. I don't know why. But kicking all the technical people out is all they have to do. No outsider knows how to use the equipment. Kicking out the post office people is probably just to keep anyone from going up there.

So then the question would be why? Do the Feds want to use it themselves? Or do they not want the scientists to look for a few days.
View Quote
This is above the feds level.  It’s not the FBI that’s up there.  More like oranges.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:54:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There is a guy on Reddit who claims to have lived there until January of this year. He says he used to run the visitor center. There has recently been a change of management at the observatory with a coalition led by New Mexico State University taking over and according to him that is the reason why there are only a few people living there as the personal from the previous contract haven't been replaced yet. He states that the site does not have massive computing power and that the internet service is only 2 MB/s. He also claims that the military is using the site for some radio experiments and that they installed some stuff on the antennas and some computers in the back of the visitors center.
View Quote
Fucking HAM radio narcs...
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:57:00 AM EDT
[#5]
My first thought was something the Feds didn't want seen either saw or about to be seen. Then went to maybe saw something from another country - but figured someone else would be there. Now that the second USPS place closed my bet is like others have said preventing something from getting out. What that is who knows - it is interesting that it was right after they launched that new tech though

Could also just be espionage as others have said it has a good vantage point of sigint and if they were climbing towers it would be possible someone mounted something up there.

Would be really cool to find out what this was all about but I dont think we ever will.

ETA: Or we the world might need the best damn core driller in the world.... Harry Stamper
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Some other ideas: Maybe this is a marketing gimmick for some movie, video game, or alternative reality game.

Another idea: maybe this was a big prank by some frat boys posing as feds. The Post Office said they didn't even know who told them to evacuate.

Another: maybe foreign gov. That would explain the helicopters.

Another: maybe it's not the facility itself, but the location up on the hill. Maybe you can see something from up there that you shouldn't be able to.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:59:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm trying to apply logic to figure out what it could be but the only thing I can come up with is "someone saw something and sent proof through the mail."

The "something" is the big question.  Sunspot isn't the only solar observatory in the U.S. so you'd think if something secret was spotted, the other observatories would be shut down as well unless the telescopes at Sunspot happened to look in just the right place at just the right time.

This theory doesn't explain why the FBI would have people working on antennas and towers at the facility, though.

I don't know what to make of it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:01:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Link to stories?
View Quote
@PeteCO

It may have been covered by Arf already. Drudge had the link
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:02:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Can you post a link to that quote?
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:02:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Maybe,

They don't want something getting out. Someone found something and was told they didn't. They made a copy and mailed it to themselves. Gov't looking for other copies.  

Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:02:52 AM EDT
[#11]
🌶 👉 🥩
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:03:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You know it's serious shit when Arfcom can't get some info. Rare intelligence failure for arfcom.
Did see a story today some signals from outer space were heard.
View Quote
If I knew how to navigate the chans, I'd bee looking there.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:03:54 AM EDT
[#13]
The Post Office said they were told they'd have to evacuate on a certain day. The feds didn't suddenly swoop in kick them out. That seems to indicate there was not an emergency they were responding to. And it doesn't seem to indicate there was some data breach they were reacting to. And since there are no guards, it's like the feds knew people needed to be gone at a certain time and even gave them the heads up. Yet there's no danger to anyone being there, since there are no guards.

To me this points to: don't look at the sun for a few days with your fancy telescope.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:07:21 AM EDT
[#14]
I_am_sure_Trump_is_involved_somehow.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:09:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

try walking in and see if your stopped................report back.
View Quote
It's a little outside my AO, by a few thousands miles
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:10:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
To me this points to: don't look at the sun for a few days with your fancy telescope.
View Quote
Solar flares and solar storms are incredibly hard to predict, and even then predicting any solar flare activity of any size more than a day or even a few hours ahead of time is unheard of.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:11:12 AM EDT
[#17]
This isn't the only solar observatory.... anything weird going on with the others?
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:11:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Solar flares and solar storms are incredibly hard to predict, and even then predicting any solar flare activity of any size more than a day or even a few hours ahead of time is unheard of.
View Quote
So it must be something else to not see
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:14:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Can anyone find a source that the Post Office in Cloudcroft is closed?

I know someone posted it above, but I have heard nothing to indicate that it is. The reports on the news last night stated that the Cloudcroft PO was operating and that people who use the Sunspot PO could pick up their mail at the Cloudcroft PO. Again, I am certain that the closure of the PO at Sunspot is related to it's location at the facility not it's role in whatever this is.

I can guarantee it isn't Fentanyl in the mail. I would have heard about that at work.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:18:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Another idea: The observatory is in a very remote location and run as a private organization. Perhaps some national actor installed some equipment or used the facility as some cover for some nefarious activity. So the feds catch wind, bust some bad guys, take or change some equipment, and the scientists can have it back when they're done.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:19:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My first thought was something the Feds didn't want seen either saw or about to be seen. Then went to maybe saw something from another country - but figured someone else would be there. Now that the second USPS place closed my bet is like others have said preventing something from getting out. What that is who knows - it is interesting that it was right after they launched that new tech though

Could also just be espionage as others have said it has a good vantage point of sigint and if they were climbing towers it would be possible someone mounted something up there.

Would be really cool to find out what this was all about but I dont think we ever will.

ETA: Or we the world might need the best damn core driller in the world.... Harry Stamper
View Quote
They might just be taking over the post office(s) to use as field office for whatever they're doing.  In very small towns the PO is the only federal building around.  It's easier for a .gov agency to take over a .gov building than a private one, especially if they are trying to keep secrets.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:23:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Another idea: The observatory is in a very remote location and run as a private organization. Perhaps some national actor installed some equipment or used the facility as some cover for some nefarious activity. So the feds catch wind, bust some bad guys, take or change some equipment, and the scientists can have it back when they're done.
View Quote
Why would they advertise that they are shutting the area down and give a date?

I mean, the fbi is pretty fucked right now, but I don’t think they’d give a heads up that they were going to be raiding.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:24:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You know it's serious shit when Arfcom can't get some info. Rare intelligence failure for arfcom.
A dozen trolls claiming to have inside knowledge and hundreds of spastic Qtards saying Q predicted this.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:25:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Maybe we have something neat transiting the sun during this time.

How many people with ties to China work at the facility?

My fingers are crossed that it's about to be Rods from God for most of the Middle East, but I won't even start chilling the champagne for that party.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:25:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Everyone Else
Everyone Else
Everyone Else
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:30:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
A dozen trolls claiming to have inside knowledge and hundreds of spastic Qtards saying Q predicted this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Its just a few miles from White Sands Missile range and Holloman AFB....... Something go off course maybe? Not likely they would be doing anything top secret out there since its not very remote or secretive
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:30:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Meanwhile from the SOHO solar observatory spacecraft...

"ANNOUNCEMENT: We are updating the code infrastructure that provides access to SOHO data, images and movies. We expect the work to take several weeks. In the meantime, you can access the SOHO Archive Catalog here and current solar data images here."

https://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/data/realtime-images.html

Hmmmm....

"updating the code infrastructure". That's some good technobabble
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:31:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Novichok
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:33:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Uh oh. The link on the SOHO page for where you can get current solar images goes here https://umbra.nascom.nasa.gov/newsite/images.html which says:

"Note: SOLIS images
SOLIS instrumentation is being moved and we do not expect current images again before early September."

Strange times indeed
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:34:26 AM EDT
[#33]
EleVen Mary 3
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:37:32 AM EDT
[#34]
This is interesting to me cause I used to live at the base of the mountain below the observatory (Alamogordo, NM) when I was stationed at Holloman AFB in the early 90s.  Seen it before.  I think it was like a fifteen minute drive up the mountain to get there.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#35]
It has to be a top secret space force intelligence leak.  All home telescopes will soon be banned.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:40:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Can anyone find a source that the Post Office in Cloudcroft is closed?

I know someone posted it above, but I have heard nothing to indicate that it is. The reports on the news last night stated that the Cloudcroft PO was operating and that people who use the Sunspot PO could pick up their mail at the Cloudcroft PO. Again, I am certain that the closure of the PO at Sunspot is related to it's location at the facility not it's role in whatever this is.

I can guarantee it isn't Fentanyl in the mail. I would have heard about that at work.
View Quote
call them and report back

CLOUDCROFT POST OFFICE
20 Curlew Pl, Cloudcroft, NM 88317

Contact Numbers
Phone: 575-682-2431
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:44:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujTTjt5VkZM

A Bob Seger concert?
View Quote
HA!
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:45:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

call them and report back

CLOUDCROFT POST OFFICE
20 Curlew Pl, Cloudcroft, NM 88317

Contact Numbers
Phone: 575-682-2431
View Quote
They answered the phone and verified they are open 8am to 4pm today.

But I may have heard the sound of a gun being pressed to someone's temple.  I need to analyze the audio.  I'll be back later.  Oh, hey, there's someone knocking on my door...
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#39]
If it was a big "event", other observatories would be involved.

Must be something small they accidentally ran across.

For this type of blackout, it must be real information being handled by the Govt.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:50:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

"ANNOUNCEMENT: We are updating the code infrastructure that provides access to SOHO data, images and movies. We expect the work to take several weeks. In the meantime, you can access the SOHO Archive Catalog here and current solar data images here."

Hmmmm....

View Quote
Several weeks.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:51:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Space-AIDS
View Quote
According to a medical corpsman I know in Space Force, Martian Herpes is much, much worse.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:56:12 AM EDT
[#42]
They threatened to reveal evidence the earth is flat
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 12:05:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
This isn't the only solar observatory.... anything weird going on with the others?
View Quote
This... what instrument or instruments does this observatory have that the others do not have?  Maybe it is some new tech the govt needs to test and does not want discovered right now?
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 12:05:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Demons opened some interdimensional portal, motherfucking DOOMGUY was like "I am angry," top idiots were like "wtf," and motherfucking DOOMGUY was slaughtering everything and closed the portal.

To continue his slaughter and killing of shit.

Link Posted: 9/11/2018 12:23:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 12:31:05 PM EDT
[#46]
I just got an alert that the Northern Lights will be epic tonight here in MN.

This whole situation is odd, and that after several days no official information has been released.

Link Posted: 9/11/2018 12:32:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If that were the case, wouldn't employees of the post office go through some type of screening? At least be told that there was a chance of a biological or chemical hazard and why they were evacuating? Instead of just told "get lost tomorrow, we may or may not be in touch..."  No one snooping around in hazmat suits?

A spokesperson for the United States Postal Service told ABC 7 that they were given specific instructions. Rod Sturgeon said, "We were told on September 6th that we would be evacuated along with the surrounding area, we were not told why," Sturgeon said, "We were told just to be out of the area."

If the resources at this place are monitored by scientists from remote locations, could it be that the facility is being secured while they study something they may have discovered?

I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist, but shit like this scares the hell out of me.  Hopefully it's not a planet killing meteor.
View Quote
Well, “Armageddon” was on AMC last night, so there’s that...
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that were the case, wouldn't employees of the post office go through some type of screening? At least be told that there was a chance of a biological or chemical hazard and why they were evacuating? Instead of just told "get lost tomorrow, we may or may not be in touch..."  No one snooping around in hazmat suits?

A spokesperson for the United States Postal Service told ABC 7 that they were given specific instructions. Rod Sturgeon said, "We were told on September 6th that we would be evacuated along with the surrounding area, we were not told why," Sturgeon said, "We were told just to be out of the area."

If the resources at this place are monitored by scientists from remote locations, could it be that the facility is being secured while they study something they may have discovered?

I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist, but shit like this scares the hell out of me.  Hopefully it's not a planet killing meteor.

Good excuse to get everyone out so they can install monitoring devices of some type? One of the only things I can think of to explain a planned and announced evacuation. Maybe training excercise for something they don't want observed?
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 12:36:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Hmmmm....

View Quote
Could be that they're moving platforms. It's not technobabble. It's DevOps jargon.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 12:38:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Hammerfall
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top