Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2022 7:34:01 PM EDT
Neighboor gave me a air popcorn machine.

Which popcorn kernels should I get on Amazon?

Amish country?  Which type?
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 8:06:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Orville Redenbacher's Original Gourmet Yellow Popcorn Kernels

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 3/15/2022 8:31:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm partial to Amish Country but I'm biased, I grew up 6 miles from Amish Country, back before Amish Country was even a thing.

FWIW, it's not owned or grown by Amish, just a guy that lives in an area with a LOT of Amish that came up with a clever name.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 8:44:11 PM EDT
[#3]
It’s really a personal preference of what you like.

First post is a good suggestion, as it pops very well into large kernels and has a good flavor/texture with minimal hulls.

My daughter loves the Amish country “ladyfinger” type popcorn.  It tastes good, but it is tiny kernels and I have a hard time picking it up to eat.

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 10:01:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Orville used to sell air popper corn that was bigger, heavier kernels. The heavier kernels didn’t fly out of the popper as much.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 10:54:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks.
I ordered some of Orville’s best to try.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:30:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Double K
https://doublekpopcorn.com

Or

North Loup
https://popcorncounty.com
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:28:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I used to only buy Orville Redenbacher's Original until I tried Pop Secret.

Link Posted: 6/21/2022 5:40:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 10:40:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I’ve tried the Jolly Time, Orville’s and some Amish Red popcorn I found at a local Amish store.  I liked the Jolly time and Orville’s pretty well. The Amish red popcorn I got about 1/3 of it wouldn’t pop.  I’m guessing it has something to do with the moisture content of the kernels.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top