BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:57:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SirPsycho:

I really like the Origin. I use it more for low/mid gain classic rock so I don't tend to turn it up too high. I haven't needed to get the power tubes cooking for a nice tone so far. It is really versatile especially if you use pedals to shape your tone. It takes pedals really well and the effects loop gives more shaping room to run an EQ in the loop. For the price it is hard to beat in my opinion.
View Quote

Thanks for that info SirPsycho...it seals the deal for me.

Just emailed my sweetwater rep to see when they are getting more in so I can order one.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 10:29:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DADGAD] [#2]
I love reading this stuff, so I will go.

my guitars (mostly in order of how much I play them)
PRS Custom 24 SE
Ibanez RG (I just traded a Jet city amp and cab for it)
2 Epiphone les Pauls
MIM strat
Ibanez semi-hollow body
3 Seagull acoustics (I like Seagulls)
Takamine acoustic
yamaha classical
ibanez bass
nylon string electric
banjo
ukelele

amps
blackstar HT5
Line 6 Spidervalve 30 (it's an all-tube amp with all of the spider effects and modeling added. I got it for free, but it is pretty good)
Roland Jazz Chorus 120
Orange micro dark
Boss Katana 100
Ampeg bass amp
a few homemade cabinets

I am still on the hunt for a larger tube amp, but I haven't decided what I want. Craigslist will probably decide that for me.

pedals (I just made two boards- one for pre-amp, the other for the effects loop)
mostly in order
EHX noise gate
ABY box
Boss compressor
Tubescreamer
Tumnus Deluxe
Rat
MXR 5150

Mooer phase 95 knockoff
DOD flanger
MXR micro chorus
Boss DD (3 or 5)
MXR 10 band EQ

I also have Guitar Rig 5 on my computer which I actually use quite a bit for just jamming. It is surprisingly good for headphone level jamming.

Link Posted: 12/31/2020 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Welp, my Marshall Origin 20 head shipped today from Sweetwater. It was out of stock so I preordered for the next batch that was to arrive mid January....next day, they are back in stock and its on its way. I am impressed Sweetwater.

Also got my strobostomp tuner and my Catalinbread Belle Epoch(tape echo pedal) today.

Lastly, ordered a SoloDallas The Schaffer Replica Storm pedal today. Can not wait to use this with the Origin head. Have only heard and read great things about this pedal. Think I am most excited for this one to show up. Thanks Fil!
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 9:21:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By srob7001:
Lastly, ordered a SoloDallas The Schaffer Replica Storm pedal today. Can not wait to use this with the Origin head. Have only heard and read great things about this pedal. Think I am most excited for this one to show up. Thanks Fil!
View Quote
Cool. I watched a rig rundown for Angus and they showed the Schaffer Replica (not the pedal version).
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 11:04:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By srob7001:
Welp, my Marshall Origin 20 head shipped today from Sweetwater. It was out of stock so I preordered for the next batch that was to arrive mid January....next day, they are back in stock and its on its way. I am impressed Sweetwater.

Also got my strobostomp tuner and my Catalinbread Belle Epoch(tape echo pedal) today.

View Quote

The Belle Epoch is a great pedal. It is crazy how good it sounds. I want to order one of Fil 's(Solo Dallas) pedals soon. When you look at the names of people using his stuff it's really impressive. Let us know what you think of the amp and pedals.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 10:35:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By WhatsGnu:
Since it's Christmas, I'll make a list (and check it twice):
- classical guitar w/hardshell case
- LaPatrie Presentation classical guitar w/Kremona piezo pickup w/hardshell case
- Squier Starcaster Classic Vibe in walnut, with walnut volume/tone knobs, Bigsby tailpiece, Schaller locking tuners and Lindy Fralin wide-range pups (resulting in a serious dent in my bank account)
- PRS SE Santana w/hardshell case
- Washburn Revival Parlor guitar w/hardshell case
- pending project Fender Starcaster (strat) with updated tuners, pickguard-pups-wiring, and new tremelo

- Orange Micro Terror w/Orange speaker cab
- Fender Champion xl 50
- Fender Champion xl 100
- Line 6 Spider H 240 w/4x12 cab

- EHX Green Russian Pi
- EHX Soul Food
- EHX Attack Decay
- EHX Ravish Sitar
- EHX Oceans Eleven
- EHX Mel9 (edit to add)
- Boss SD1
- Boss CS3
- Boss TU3
- Line 6 M5

The quest to nerf my bank account continues.
View Quote

Santa brought me the Boss BD2 Blues Driver.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

No, not jealous at all here...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 2:38:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Azygos] [#8]
I’ve got too much gear for my very limited skill level on all instruments. The list is way overboard on guitars and amps, severely lacking in bass gear. I’ll look around to see what there is and try to make some sort of list.

Santa brought me an 18” crash cymbal, so here’s an overhead of my kit. It’s an older Gretsch Catalina Maple. The hardware is a mix of DW, PDP, SP, Gibraltar, and maybe Pearl stands. The kick pedal is a Yamaha double direct drive, and the throne is a Roc n Soc Lunar. This is also overkill for a beginner.

Left to right: Sabian AA Rock hats, 16” AAX Concept crash, 17” AAX Concept crash, Paiste Alpha 10” splash, 18” AAX Concept crash, 20” AAX Stage ride with a diy sizzler chain, 16” AA medium thin crash.

Link Posted: 1/1/2021 8:56:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Czechers:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/300247/t4lyr_jpg-1758683.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/300247/t4lyr_jpg-1758683.JPG

Link Posted: 5/30/2021 3:21:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Let's see...
Electric Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson SG 61 Reissue
Gibson SG Special
Gibson Flying V
Gibson Explorer
Firebird Studio
Zion Maple Classic
Zion Maple Classic
Roscoe Single HB
Roscoe Single HB
Roscoe LS 3000
Charvel Model 2
Charvel SD Single HB
Charvel SD Pro Mod
Kramer Focus 3000D
Tiesco Del Ray

Bass:
Fender Jazz Standard
Ibanez AXStar
Music Man Sterling Ray 34

Acoustic:
Seagull Rustic
Ovation 256
70's Epiphone MIJ

Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 half stack
Marshall JCM 2000 half stack
Peavey 5150II half stack
Marshall 5275 combo
Mesa Boogie DC2 combo
Gallien Krueger ML250 combo
1965 Fender Vibrolux Reverb Blackface
SWR Working Pro head and 4x10 and 1x15 bass cabs
Line6 bass modeling combo
Behringer 300 watt keyboard amp
NUX bluetooth practice combo

Drums:
7 pc Mapex Horizon set with Yamaha, Pearl, Tama, and DW hardware
Zildjian A Custom cymbals

Misc:
a couple bongos, Djembes, a Kala Ukulele, 2 vintage violins, a King trombone
full PA with mains, subs, monitors, a digital board, snake, a few wireless systems, a couple wireless mics, a ton of wired mics,LED lights, and for fog machines/hazers.  Oh, and a gear hauling trailer...I'm pretty sure that's most of it...and I'm a piker compared to some of the guys I play with.

Link Posted: 6/4/2021 12:39:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 4:15:46 AM EDT
[#12]

I might have a thing for vintage Peavey basses...
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 12:15:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Ibanez RG, a strat clone, Fender Acoustic and Boss Katana 50 MK2. I'm looking to get a Les Paul clone next. I just started playing a few months ago.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 5:41:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Let's see, here's the current list:

Guitars
  • Fender Strat
  • G&L Tele
  • Kramer something-or-other
  • Epiphone ES-339
  • Epiphone 59 Les Paul Standard
  • Gibson Studio 60s Tribute Goldtop
  • Gibson Standard 60s Unburst
  • Gibson Standard 60s Burst
  • Taylor acoustic/electric
  • Washburn acoustic/electric
  • Takamine classical acoustic/electric
  • No-name acoustic
  • Fender Precision bass
  • Fender Jazz bass
  • Squire Precision bass
Amps
  • Fender Princeton Chorus
  • Fender Blues Jr
  • Fender SuperChamp X2
  • Marshall Origin 20C
  • Marshall DSL1H
  • Positive Grid Spark
  • Stage Right 15
  • Mesa Prodigy Four bass amp with Ampeg 115LE cab

Link Posted: 6/13/2021 4:33:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TacSavage] [#15]
My current rigs include a custom built Frankenstrat, a GMW Guitar Works Kramer 5150, a gen 1 Kramer Baretta AKA The No Bozos ad guitar, and an Ernie Ball Music Man EVH in translucent amber. Yes, I am a huge Van Halen fan.

Oh, and for the occasional acoustic playing, a Taylor 110.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:28:06 PM EDT
[#16]
I run Fenders tele's and Strats through stereo Dr z combos..
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:04:20 PM EDT
[#17]
I have really just been going back and forth between my pinecaster tele with filtertron type pickups and my Schecter PT Fastback IIB. Primarily play through the Headrush MX5 out to powered speaker, but I also fight off ear fatigue by playing thru my Bugera V5 infinitum tube amp with couple different clone pedals (Timmy and Fulldrive 2 Mosfet clones). Also using a NUX Mod Core Deluxe for some Leslie cabinet effects thru the tube amp.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 10:28:14 AM EDT
[#18]
handful of tasteful acoustics and a nice 50w Crate acoustic amp.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 2:22:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: corwin1968] [#19]
I'm a total beginner and bought a $100 (used) Yamaha FG 700s a few years ago.  I recently decided to get more serious about actually learning the fundamentals and practicing on a regular basis, and decided I am more likely to do that with a nicer instrument.  

I had a few false starts with a solid state amp, a Fender and a D'Angelico but now I have a Supro Delta King 12 (a 15 watt tube amp), and a PRS SE Custom 24.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:29:09 PM EDT
[#20]
2006 Taylor T-110.  Bob Colosi FWI saddle and a K&K Pure western mini and preamp.
Yamaha acoustic electric cutaway.
My midlife crisis guitar was a PRS SE Custom 24
I haven't bought my midlife Amp yet.
Crate 2 channel 15 watt acoustic amp
Crybaby wah, Fender tuner, and a custom overdrive pedal a guy who won star search back in the day built for me.  No idea what the circuit is.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 2:17:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Not going to list them all, but:

Favorite combo: 1957 Les Paul Jr. Into a 1962 brown Fender Deluxe.

Favorite guitar: 1963 Fender Strat.

Favorite pedal: Barber Burn Unit.

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 2:14:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 6:31:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Not pictured Epiphone hummingbird.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 11:35:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By NathanL:
Not pictured Epiphone hummingbird.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148119/Guitars_jpg-2399496.JPG
View Quote

Not usually a fan of Fender/Squier but I'm digging that white rock machine.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 11:47:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 12:01:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 12:15:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NathanL] [#27]

Not usually a fan of Fender/Squier but I'm digging that white rock machine.
View Quote
I've played numerous fenders and squires. It's different to me but the build was top notch. The frets were spot on and no ends. I got one of the very first in the US, the Squiere contempary telecaster. Rail  bridge and humbucker neck. The bridge will clean up pretty nice if needed. I like it a LOT and was a $400ish guitar. I think overall it's a nicer guitar than my fender out of the box. The color dooesn't show well in the pic, it's a white metallic with binding. I was really impressed after having bought it on a lark.

The oddest thing about the hummingbird I've never had happen after many guitars. It will stay in tune for weeks at a time playing it everyday.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 9:47:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Went o show recently where one of the guitarists (battle of the bands type thing) was cranking out really beefy metal on a Squier Modern strat (Squier branded active pickups) thru a Peavey Premium head and backline cab. Fabulous tones.  

Link Posted: 5/29/2022 10:18:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Went o show recently where one of the guitarists (battle of the bands type thing) was cranking out really beefy metal on a Squier Modern strat (Squier branded active pickups) thru a Peavey Premium head and backline cab. Fabulous tones.  

https://i.postimg.cc/hPkcS7jq/IMG-20220320-200004396-HDR.jpg
View Quote
That headstock screws with my mind.  It's like they ran out of right handed necks and said "fuck it".
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 10:46:01 AM EDT
[#30]
I have really just been going back and forth between my pinecaster tele with filtertron type pickups and my Schecter PT Fastback IIB. Primarily play through the Headrush MX5 out to powered speaker, but I also fight off ear fatigue by playing thru my Bugera V5 infinitum tube amp with couple different clone pedals (Timmy and Fulldrive 2 Mosfet clones). Also using a NUX Mod Core Deluxe for some Leslie cabinet effects thru the tube amp.
View Quote

If I have posted a pic in this thread before it's prob outdated so....

Link Posted: 9/6/2023 6:29:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: THE_RESISTER] [#31]
Most my gear seen in these videos. I have a rack noise gate and power supply you might not be able to see.

Ibenez and Hartke Gear

Death Angel Seemingly Endless time BASS cover w / Ibenez Bass

P bass and Ampeg Gear

My Jackson neck through

Testament - Trial By Fire Bass cover W/ Jackson CBXNT IV Concert Bass Demo

My Stunning MIJ P bass with a custom mirror pick guard a deer friend (RIP) made for me.

Agent 51 Boomerang Bass guitar cover

lastly my Black Jackson same as the blue one only it's set up in D tuning.

DEATH - LIVING MONSTROSITY BASS COVER W/Jackson CBXNT IV Concert Bass - Satin Black

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 2:09:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Can someone tell me what this guitar is?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 10:46:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Czechers] [#33]
Originally Posted By Goostoff:
Can someone tell me what this guitar is?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56774/818B17D9-78F9-4E5B-8762-DA3EB72465A7_jpe-2400507.JPG
View Quote

Its a Dean Michael Schenker model. He also played Gibsons with the same paint scheme.  His brother ripped him off and uses Gibsons with same paint job also.  I believe this was part of the lawsuit with Gibson and they had to discontinue new production, along with any other V's but someone else may be better versed on the lawsuit stuff.

Dean Michael Schenker old retail link

ETA:
His CS model with top binding:

Standard Model, no binding:

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 10:50:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Looks like an old Dean flying V copy to me.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 11:23:22 AM EDT
[#35]
After 26 years of being a guitar owner/player and nearly 20 years as a "performer," I'm lucky to have several Taylors, a Bedell, Breedlove, and a Larrivée.

I use Fishman Amps, and occasionally drag out my Daedalus Audio cabinet, and a Genz Benz acoustic amp.

I loop.

Electric stuff includes a Bandit 112, a small electric board with some Boss DD-5/6 fodder, Voodoo Lab power supply, SD-1, and a RC-20XL.

I am a better acoustic player than I am electric, but I have found that sometimes it's good to have something which I can crank up.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 10:51:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 4:37:37 PM EDT
[#37]
3 original run single humbucker Fender HM Powerstrats - Arctic White, Ice Blue, Coral Pink.
1 Les Paul Studio in jet black.
1 Fender Jazz Elite bass
1 Fender Pecision Lyte bass - kind of the bass cousin of the HM Strats and used some of the same parts.
1 Aria Pro II Thor Sound bass

Peavey 5150 II half stack
Fender M80 Stereo Chorus full stack into Peavy MS412 cabs

Fender and Peavey bass amps

Mackie 24-8 mixer
Peavey 120 power amp.
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#38]
new acquisition:

Attachment Attached File

Only took 22 years to find another one and it's in nearly mint shape. Only issue with it was a bad tone pot. (and the ugliest guitar case I've ever seen) I have a temp pot in it now but have to get an original ibanez part because the knob spline will only go on the Ibanez pot..
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 7:06:24 PM EDT
[#39]

Sold some stuff since last post...went on an Emerald binge.

Link Posted: 10/24/2023 11:47:24 PM EDT
[#40]
With all those Celtic knot inlays and that mandolin you better be able to play me some Flogging Molly, boy.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 12:18:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By RickFinsta:
With all those Celtic knot inlays and that mandolin you better be able to play me some Flogging Molly, boy.
View Quote

I'll look into that.

Do I get any credit for some Pogues stuff?
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top