Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2023 10:17:17 AM EDT
This one was the small one and was toast.  He turned to powder when I hit him with a shoe.  Been there a while I guess.  

Then his friend ran out and was much bigger.  Maybe 4” in diameter.  Did not get pic of one alive.

What are these?

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:21:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
This one was the small one and was toast.  He turned to powder when I hit him with a shoe.  Been there a while I guess.  

Then his friend ran out and was much bigger.  Maybe 4" in diameter.  Did not get pic of one alive.

What are these?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/464793/37814AC0-5ABF-4177-9660-54BFCFC8BAAA_jpe-2842009.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/464793/38F5940D-40DE-4668-8052-AB4CCD4C85C1_jpe-2842010.JPG
View Quote
Giant Crab Spider?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:25:50 AM EDT
[#2]
You squished one of the key parts off required for accurate identification.

If I were going to toss a guess I'd say Hobo Spider. (Agressive House Spider)
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:26:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Arizona Huntsman
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:27:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Dr. Fridge is our spider expert.

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:33:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe his "friend" was leaving the scene of the crime...1st degree murder by spider cannibalism
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:33:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

you got too many letters. @Dr.Fidge    
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:19:31 AM EDT
[#7]
It reminds me of the lost in space robot.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:35:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it's @DrFrige
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:47:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Arizona Huntsman
View Quote

That's what it looks like.  On topic, I stepped on a recluse last week at night.  Felt something squirming and flipped out a bit.  Grabbed a flashlight and found a recluse.  Spent the night wondering if my foot felt funny.  Was bit a couple years ago so I'm a little gun shy still.  Fuck those things.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:51:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Arizona Huntsman
View Quote

This gets my vote.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:01:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That's what it looks like.  On topic, I stepped on a recluse last week at night.  Felt something squirming and flipped out a bit.  Grabbed a flashlight and found a recluse.  Spent the night wondering if my foot felt funny.  Was bit a couple years ago so I'm a little gun shy still.  Fuck those things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Arizona Huntsman

I killed a scorpion in my house a couple of days back.
It's creepy crawly season.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:09:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:17:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

it's @DrFrige
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

it's @DrFrige

It’s Ma’am!
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:18:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Too bad you killed spiderbro, OP.  Too bad…
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:21:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Possibly you squished the lives spider shed exoskeleton. I'm looking at the pictures on my phone and the way it looks doesn't look like a dead spider, but one sees of a cast exoskeleton.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:25:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Jumpers are good for the house.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:48:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:13:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've found a couple of recluses stuck to the sticky traps here at home.  Last night I was barefoot and stepped on the carpet and felt like something was moving under my foot.  I jumped back and couldn't see anything, but grabbed the vacuum and went all around that area, hopefully getting whatever it was.

This ancient carpeting needs to come up, and the color and old shag style makes it difficult to see any bugs.  My old apartment had a light tan that I could see spiders and things on easily.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:21:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:26:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Arizona Huntsman
View Quote

Holy cow! I thought you were joking, but that really exists.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:27:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I pick them up and watch them tilt their head looking at me.

They are amusing

A few that I put down wanted back up again and stared at me
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#22]
I watched this guy hunt and stalk bees that were attracted to the weed/flower he was on.   His efforts were fruitful.
DSC_3745crop by Flcrutch, on Flickr" />
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:48:49 PM EDT
[#23]
the live one and the dead one are the same one. The dead one was a molt.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#24]
One evening my Maine Coon cat and I were watching TV.  The cat jumped straight up and ran like hell out of the room, and from where he was sitting one of these spiders came toward me across the floor like a shot.  Fastest spider I'd ever seen.  I whacked him with a slipper out of reflex and just sat there looking at that big pile of wreckage and remembered why I hate spiders.  They seem to come inside at the start of Monsoon so I'm keeping my eyes open and trying to have a weapon of some sort nearby.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:01:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Jeez!!! Fire!!! For fuck's sake fire!!! Kill it with fire!!!
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:10:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Yeah, it's a huntsman. They were all over the 928 when I lived there.

(Harmless to humans)
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I watched this guy hunt and stalk bees that were attracted to the weed/flower he was on.   His efforts were fruitful.
https://live.staticflickr.com/5342/9764554483_22aef9a531_h.jpgDSC_3745crop by Flcrutch, on Flickr" target="_blank">https://live.staticflickr.com/5342/9764554483_22aef9a531_h.jpgDSC_3745crop by Flcrutch, on Flickr
View Quote

Fantastic photo!
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:16:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Probably need to mail it to him for his collection
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:17:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:24:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, send him him some gigantic pics to help him ID the spider.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:26:10 PM EDT
[#31]
It sure looks like a Peruvian death spider.  They usually travel in packs and send out a scout to see if it is safe.  If the scout doesn't return, the pack waits until dark and one by one sneaks out to bite people.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:35:06 PM EDT
[#32]
I'd get one or 2 of those a year at my old house in avondale. Fuckers were usually 4-5 inches across.  I remember 1 time letting the dogs out around dusk and seeing this brown "spot" move across the green grass.  Thought I was seeing shit but since it was coming toward my direction, after a while it went from brown spot to big ass brown spider.  That sob died shortly after.  Worse 1 was I was doing the dishes and I picked up a dirty cup and on the inside of the cup was 1 of these.  After I screamed like a 10 year old girl and ran away, I came back and killed the fuck out of it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:44:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'd get one or 2 of those a year at my old house in avondale. Fuckers were usually 4-5 inches across.  I remember 1 time letting the dogs out around dusk and seeing this brown "spot" move across the green grass.  Thought I was seeing shit but since it was coming toward my direction, after a while it went from brown spot to big ass brown spider.  That sob died shortly after.  Worse 1 was I was doing the dishes and I picked up a dirty cup and on the inside of the cup was 1 of these.  After I screamed like a 10 year old girl and ran away, I came back and killed the fuck out of it.
View Quote

I have heard these stories before but for whatever reason...... I laughed on this one....
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:47:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Spiderbro!
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:57:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
the live one and the dead one are the same one. The dead one was a molt.
View Quote

Gross.  But happy about that.  I was thinking it was a pair and there were baby demon spider ready to attack me tonight for killing their mommy and daddy.

I will sleep good tonight.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:27:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yeah, it's a huntsman. They were all over the 928 when I lived there.

(Harmless to humans)
View Quote

Harmless, yes.

But you don't want them crawling in and out of your mouth while you sleep, because usually that costs extra.

Sleep tight tonight
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:05:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Worst experience I ever had with one of these was when I was driving an empty bus in traffic and one came flying in through the driver side window - must have been hanging on outside and the wind blew him in.  He landed on the inside of the roof, about 3 feet directly above my head.  He sat there while I frantically signaled my way off the busy street to a place I could park the bus, scrambled to the back where we kept a small broom and pounded him to a pulp.  I'm fine with snakes but have been afraid of spiders since I was a kid and this one almost did me in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top