Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2021 12:40:38 AM EDT
So it will be a while before I can buy a flak jacket, plates, etc.

But just for lightweight fighting gear, what do you use? I know chest rigs are used by some. I prefer ALICE because it puts all your magazines at your waist instead of your chest. That way they don't dig into your torso when in the prone and you have better access to your mags when doing so. Replace the old ALICE magazine pouches with modern ones, put a dump pouch on your left side, find a place for an IFAK, tourniquet and knife, and you should be good to go. You can wear a camelbak and still have the butt pouch on the back for extras.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:39:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:01:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the Air Force Molle version of the old ALICE H harness.  New, Molle, comfortable.  Holds a lot of gear around your waist.

I also still have a Blackhawk! Rifleman vest which was the most comfortable load bearing vest (IMHO)  when going without armor.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:03:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Eagle Rhodesian vest
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:55:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Eagle Rhodesian vest
View Quote

This with an added back panel.
Also a light-weight Active Shooter vest by Eagle
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:00:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Still rocking ALICE here. Extremely rural and warm/humid means I need to go prone and have little heat retention.

My waist is large enough to cram in a buttpack, 2 canteens, 4 ammo pouches, and a knife.

Tried the FLC, split-front chest rigs, high speed gunbelts, backpacks, plate carrier, and always come back to my ALICE rig.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top