Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2020 5:49:13 PM EDT
like the title says what’s the best way to sell an SBR
I heard you can have it changed back if you send paperwork in to the ATF... is this true? Would it be the way to go?
Should I just sell it to a gun shop? Can I sell an SBR in my name to a gun shop?
What about a transfer is this a lengthy process?
The gun I have is a Sig MPX with a 4.5” barrel and a collapsible stock. It’s SBR but not on a trust.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 5:58:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Factory SBR or Form 1?
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 6:35:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Form 1 but not on a trust
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 6:45:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
like the title says what’s the best way to sell an SBR  
View Quote

The same ways you would sell any other firearm, the difference being you'll need another Form 4/tax stamp before transferring.

I heard you can have it changed back if you send paperwork in to the ATF... is this true? Would it be the way to go?
View Quote

If not in SBR configuration, its no longer an SBR. Slap a 16" bbl on it and sell as Title I rifle.

Should I just sell it to a gun shop? Can I sell an SBR in my name to a gun shop?
View Quote

Sure, but before you can hand it over you/the shop need a Form 4 approved.
I'm an FFL/SOT.....why would I buy your homemade SBR and pay a $200 tax stamp when I can get one NIB for hundreds of $$$$ less?
(and doesn't have someone name engraved on it)

What about a transfer is this a lengthy process?
View Quote

Form 4 approvals range from six weeks to over a year.

The gun I have is a Sig MPX with a 4.5” barrel and a collapsible stock. It’s SBR but not on a trust.
View Quote

Originally a pistol? Remove the shoulder stock, notify ATF NFA Branch that it is no longer in SBR configuration. Sell as Title I handgun.
Originally a rifle? Remove the short barrel, replace with 16"bbl, notify ATF NFA Branch that it is no longer in SBR configuration. Sell as Title I rifle.

Link Posted: 4/22/2020 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Pull stock, notify AFT via writing, sell gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top